In this section...
- Stylish contemporary interiors
- Private heated swimming pool
- Walking distance to beach
- Backs onto pine forest
- Walking distance to Jard (shops and restaurants)
Advance Registration... select your dates and reserve your 2023 holiday online, with a fully refundable deposit of £500.
Newly built and tastefully finished, Atlantic Pines sits just a kilometre and a half from Boisvinet beach, easily accessible via a path through the pine woods directly behind the villa. Family sized and very comfortable, this is a real home-from-home with a contemporary beach-life vibe that will ease you instantly into the holiday mood. There’s nothing nicer than a private, heated swimming pool to slip into after a long car journey, and once the day winds down into evening, pool lighting turns the back garden into a lovely atmospheric spot for drinks and dinner. And if you’re in the mood for some extra holiday pampering, we’ll happily organise a yoga session, massage or private chef to come and cook for you all by arrangement.
A Vendée coast holiday is all about the bounty of nature, be it Atlantic rollers to surf and sail on, pine forests to cycle through or luscious seafood washed down with arguably the best white wines in the country. The beauty of Atlantic Pines is that it puts you within walking distance of all these essential holiday pleasures, with a choice of restaurants, shops and a daily market in Jard sur Mer, and pedestrian or bike access to 8km of sandy beaches on the aptly named Coast of Light. For friends, couples or a family, this is an excellent base for all that the area has to offer.
For all your daily needs you can nip into pretty Jard sur Mer (1km), which has shops, restaurants and a small harbour. The nearest beach is Boisvinet, which has a dedicated launch spot for windsurfing, kitesurfing and foiling, as well as masses of open sand for more gentle beach activities. For a more natural feel, we suggest Plage des Conches and Plage de la Terrière between Saint-Vincent-sur-Jard and La Tranche-sur-Mer, or Plage de la Mine (5km). This stretch of coast is essentially one enormously long beach, punctuated by little resorts that cater to all sea lovers, from young families to world class surfers. To the north is Les Sables d’Olonne (25km), a good-sized resort town with a bustling marina and a broad beach lined with restaurants and cafés. South lies La Tranche sur Mer, whose sandy beaches, long hours of sunshine and reliable waves have earned it the nickname of Little California and a globally renowned annual surf competition. Away from the coast there’s just as much to do, with a water park and high ropes course nearby, and the unique historic re-enactment spectacle of Le Puy du Fou well worth the 100km trip when you feel like a break from the beach. Jard and nearby Longeville sur Mer are also excellent start points for exploring the unique ecosystem of the Marais Poitevin, either on foot or by boat along its narrow canals teeming with birds and wildlife.
- 3 bedroom villa (sleeps 6)
- Open-plan living/dining/kitchen area with sliding doors to garden and pool
- Kitchen includes hob, oven, microwave, fridge-freezer, dishwasher and Nespresso machine
- Shower room with shower, WC and hand basin
- Guest WC
- 2 x double bedrooms with garden view
- Twin/double bedroom
Shower room with large walk-in shower, WC, hand-basin
- Complimentary WiFi
- Simpson Travel telephone representative
- TV with Apple TV and Chromecast
- Washing machine and dryer
- Small west-facing back garden
- Barbecue area
- Table tennis
- Private swimming pool 6m x 3m (max depth 1.5m), heated from May to end September
- Driveway parking for 2 cars
- Garage with secure space for bikes, windsurfs etc.
- Please click here for further information on Terms and Conditions specific to this French property
Simpson family extras
- Family favourite range of toys and games, suitable for ages 5-11
- All properties with WiFi are able to support basic functionality such as web browsing and checking emails*
* We aim to offer an uninterrupted service but sometimes due to factors beyond our control reliability can be affected.
- Bed linen, bath and pool towels are provided
- Weekly linen change for bookings of one week or more
- Additional cleaning €25 per hour (minimum 2 hours)
- All services payable locally
- Prices quoted are subject to change
- Check-in time – 4.00-7.00pm
- Check-out time – 10.00am
La Rochelle 80km
- Ferry ports
Le Havre 490km
- TGV stations
La Roche-sur-Yon 38km
La Rochelle 81km
Les Sables-d'Olonne 25km
- Restaurants (Jard sur Mer) 800m
- Shops (Jard sur Mer) 800m
- Beach (Plage de Boisvinet) 1300m
- Puy du Fou 100km
- La Rochelle airport 83km
Our choice of French properties is diverse, ranging from simple charm to genuine luxury and style. Much of our portfolio is privately owned, and price alone is therefore not a universal guide. We contract all our accommodation in person, and each property has its individual appeal.
To help you make the right choice based on your own priorities, we have devised a simple grading guide to be considered in conjunction with each individual property description, awarding up to a maximum of five stars for the below categories.
* For further clarification on Facilities and Amenities, please view the 'Details' tab for each property or speak to one of our experienced sales consultants.
They may not have Côte d’Azur chic, but the charming towns along Vendée’s Atlantic coastline have 200km of sandy beaches to make up for it. And don’t miss the old fishing village of Les Sables-d’Olonne, one of France’s original seaside destinations. Vendée is also home to La Roche-sur-Yon, a stately town built by Napoleon, who never envisaged the waterpark and golf courses there today. Venture inland and you’ll find the Marais Poitevin (Green Venice) with its canals, forest-covered hills, picturesque villages and historic abbeys.
And to complete the picture, choose from our handpicked collection of Vendée villas for a comfortable home from home to return to.
View holiday Booking Conditions