In this section...
- Understated luxury
- Huge grounds
- Beaches 5min drive
- Lecce 5km
2024 Holidays... 2023 Prices
Our 2024 holidays are now priced online and with our early bird promise, you can enjoy December 2022 prices when you book by 31 December 2023. View Price Freeze Terms & Conditions here.
Whilst Puglia might be having a bit of a moment, Salento still remains largely off the visitor radar, despite hosting some of the best beaches in the whole of Italy. We were drawn to the far south by its special combination of fine sand, turquoise water and richly historic towns, and the discovery of Masseria Specchia soon convinced us that our instincts were spot on.
This is a firmly traditional area, where agriculture is easily as important as tourism, and which makes properties like this one even more of a special find. The masseria is blissfully tranquil, nestled beneath a huge Puglian sky where the views and space feel endless. It’s an oasis of low-key, perfectly tuned luxury, with masses of room to spread out and relax or gather together over a glass of fine Puglian wine. There are four, large, en-suite bedrooms offering hotel-style comfort, plus a very large living space and kitchen. The grounds are vast, encircled by a traditional dry-stone wall and dotted with Mediterranean trees and bushes. Here you’ll also find a shady dining pergola, barbecue area, your private swimming pool for long lazy days and lots of space for younger ones to play.
The wider Salento area beckons from the doorstep, with beaches within a five-minute drive and lovely Lecce just five kilometres away. This elegant Baroque town is the cultural hub of the region, with an architectural heritage spanning two and a half millennia. If you know your cupolas from your colonnades then this is holiday heaven, and for those who prefer to simply wander and wonder, Lecce invites you to explore, eat and experience this most atmospheric of cities with all of your senses. And for insider tips, who better to help than the owners of the masseria who live unobtrusively behind the house and are happy to suggest local excursions and days out if desired.
Explore our pre-bookable experiences in Puglia
- 4 bedroom villa (sleeps 8)
- Open-plan dining/kitchen/living room; opens out to garden
- Kitchen includes full hob, oven, fridge-freezer, washing machine, dishwasher, coffee-maker; opens out to garden
- Living area includes Smart TV
- Bedroom 1 - Master bedroom (190cm) with en-suite shower room
- Bedroom 2 - Twin bedroom ( 2 x 90cm beds that can be converted to double on request) with en-suite shower room
- Bedroom 3 - Twin bedroom ( 2 x 90cm beds that can be converted to double on request) with en-suite shower room
- Bedroom 4 - Twin bedroom ( 2 x 90cm beds that can be converted to double on request) with en-suite shower room and open plan living area with double sofa bed and kitchenette. Accessed by separate entrance to rest of property.
- Complimentary WiFi
- Washing machine
- Large garden with lawn and Mediterranean shrubs and vegetable garden
- Outdoor dining area with shade
- Outdoor football table
- Private chlorine swimming pool 8m x 5m (depth 1.30m – 1.30m), pool heating available May - October
- Covered parking area with rechargeable car port on-site
- Cleaning 3 times a week
- Twice weekly linen change
- A daily tourist tax applies for the first two weeks of your stay only, which means that an average of €1.50 per person (12+ years) may be charged. This should be paid in cash to your villa owner during your stay.
- Our Covid-19 pledge means your holiday is fully protected. However, there may be special conditions surrounding flexible booking at this property. For further details, please visit: /covid-pledge-flexible-booking.
Simpson family extras
- Complimentary cot and highchair available
- Car seats and booster seats can be provided at a supplement, subject to availability
- To pre-book any of our family extras please call 020 8392 5747
- All properties with wifi are able to support basic functionality such as web browsing and checking emails*
* We aim to offer an uninterrupted service but sometimes due to factors beyond our control reliability can be affected.
- Check in time – 4:00 - 8:00pm
- Check out time – 10:00am
- Beach (Lido Mancarelle) 10min drive
- Beach (San Cataldo/Le Cesine) 15min drive
- Restaurant/taverna (San Cataldo/Lecce) 15min drive
- Basic shops/supermarket (San Cataldo/Lecce) 15min drive
- Boat hire (San Foca) 15min drive
- Bike hire (Lecca) 15min drive
- Airports (Brindisi/Bari) 45min drive/2hours drive
This property is priced on an accommodation-only basis. To view details of recommended flights please click here.
We are happy to arrange your car hire in Italy; please click here to view options and prices. All hire cars booked with us include:
- Fully inclusive insurance, with zero excess*
- Free additional driver
For further information regarding travel arrangements click here.
* For this particular destination, the undercarriage is not included in the cover.
We have had the most amazing holiday in this beautiful villa. Thank you for looking after us so well, and all the lovely treats, so kind of you. Massive thanks to Barbara for all her help and advice to make our holiday so enjoyable. We will miss Manolo so much, we enjoyed his daily visits. We would love to come back one day.
The Masseria Specchia is a lovely holiday house, very beautifully furnished and well equipped. The owner Claudia was kind giving us little food treats. Claudia also cooked dinner for us one night which was delicious. Barbara, the house manager, was extremely helpful. I would definitely recommend Masseria Specchia.
We have had a lovely week in this beautiful house. Delicious dinner cooked for us by Claudia, and we have been very well looked after by Barbra and Deepak. Many thanks.
A truly special villa which made our holiday. Extremely spacious, cleaning 3 times per week and first class facilities, would highly recommend.
We had the most amazing stay! Thank you so much for all the great hospitality. Love the house. Everything was just perfect. We are going to miss it.
We really enjoyed our stay, the house is beautiful with the perfect pool area.
Our first time to Puglia. So much to enjoy. The villa is beautiful and we made good use of the pool. We loved wandering through the streets of all the local towns. Thank you to Claudio for all the little surprise gifts and thanks to Francesco, Ketty and Barbara for helping us to book restaurants. We have been on Simply and Simpson holidays since 1992 and they have never disappointed.
Our choice of Italian properties is diverse, ranging from simple charm to genuine luxury and style. Much of our portfolio is privately owned, and price alone is therefore not a universal guide. We contract all our accommodation in person, and each property has its individual appeal.
To help you make the right choice based on your own priorities, we have devised a simple grading guide to be considered in conjunction with each individual property description, awarding up to a maximum of five stars for the below categories.
* For further clarification on Facilities, please view the 'Details' tab for each property or speak to one of our experienced sales consultants.
There’s a different side of Italy to discover on a holiday in Puglia – the land of the trulli, ancient olive groves and historic towns that take you on a journey from Byzantine to Baroque. And then there are the countless beaches and beach clubs that capture the diversity of this absorbing destination: unspoilt, unpretentious and full of creative flair, where the generosity of the locals is matched by the excellence of its cuisine.
Explore our pre-bookable experiences in Puglia.
BookingMultiple.mustache file to be converted
View holiday Booking Conditions