In this section...
- Partner Hotel in the historic centre of Ostuni
- Beautifully renovated traditional building
- Sophisticated interiors and stylish decor
- Pretty courtyard garden
- Quiet and convenient location
- Moments from shops, restaurants and bars
Advance Registration... select your dates and reserve your 2023 holiday online, with a fully refundable deposit of £500.
Il Sogno is unique; brimming with charm and full of surprises. Stepping off the cobbled streets from the historic centre of Ostuni into this grand traditional building, you enter a world where antiquity meets avant-garde with striking results. The hotel's proud owner Francesco has made every effort to maintain the integrity of this elegant building, built in 1600, from restoring the original stone floors, to preserving the original plaster and mineral paint on the beautiful vaulted ceilings. The results are magical and the sensitive restoration is only enhanced by the sophisticated décor which introduces high-end design from another era. Contemporary lighting has a cheeky twist, modern artworks create a cool, sophisticated tone and well-chosen furnishings set the mood for relaxation. The hotel's four individually-styled suites have their own character, each boasting something special: the largest is home to a sleek sideboard with pop-up kitchen, a mirrored chamber containing a luxurious shower room, and a heated pool with hydromassage; the smallest has direct access to the delightful courtyard garden where guests can while away the hours amongst the citrus trees and enjoy a leisurely breakfast before a day's exploring. Whichever suite or room you choose, a comfortable bed made up with the finest Frette linens awaits and the owner's stylish and characterful decorative touches to enhance a memorable stay.
The ‘White City’ of Ostuni is a wonderful place for exploration and though the hotel is in the heart of the Old Town, it enjoys a peaceful position in a residential area close to the formidable walls of the Monastero delle Benedettine di San Pietro. Stepping out into the narrow streets you will find treasures whichever way you go. Wander down to the Piazza della Libertá and enjoy a coffee by the Town Hall, stroll back towards the Museum of Preclassical Civilisation for incontrovertible proof that Puglia was inhabited during the Neolithic period, marvel at the rose window in the ornate cathedral and head up to the top of town for some gelato on the Terrazza Panoramica.
There are a good number of excellent bars and restaurants in Ostuni and a pleasant mix of boutiques and artisan shops selling local produce. The bakery close to the apartment is also well worth a visit. The vast wood-burning oven has been catering to the locals of the town for hundreds of years and it’s the perfect place to pick up a tempting treat for breakfast or some Focaccia for a picnic lunch.
Out and about, Ostuni’s position makes it a great base for exploring the renowned villages of the Valle d’Itria and it affords excellent access to the Adriatic coast, with some beautiful beaches, Lido Stella and Lido Morelli, less than 10km away. Il Sogno delle Benedettine is a place where history and hospitality go hand in hand; whether you choose to base yourself here for a week, or enjoy a shorter break combined with a stay in one of the region's other iconic buildings, the superb town-centre location offers a wonderful opportunity to feel a part of Puglia's ancient past and vibrant present.
Good to know... All stays of 3-nights or more at Il Sogno delle Benedettine include a guided 'tuk tuk' tour of Ostuni and either lunch or dinner at a local restaurant offering a delicious five course pairing menu; seafood or vegetarian options available.
Explore our pre-bookable experiences in Puglia
- Mectilde - 110m2 1-bedroom apartment with private indoor pool and hydromassage
- Cecilia - 45m2 suite
- Assunta - 40m2 suite
- Giustina - 20m2 suite
- Complimentary WiFi
- Air-conditioned throughout
- Daily breakfast included
- Courtyard garden
- Reception/dining area
- Relaxation room with open fireplace
- All stays of 3-nights or more at Il Sogno delle Benedettine include a guided 'tuk tuk' tour of Ostuni and either lunch or dinner at a local restaurant offering a delicious five course pairing menu; seafood or vegetarian options available.
- Our Covid-19 pledge means your holiday is fully protected. However, there may be special conditions surrounding flexible booking at this property. For further details, please visit: /covid-pledge-flexible-booking.
- Air conditioning
- Satellite flat screen TV (English-speaking channels)
- Hairdryer, bath towels and Simpson Travel pool/beach towels
- All properties with WiFi are able to support basic functionality such as web browsing and checking emails. We aim to offer an uninterrupted service but sometimes, due to factors beyond our control, reliability can be affected.
National tourist licence (CIS): BA07202562000014191
- Check in time – 2pm
- Check out time – 10am
- Shops, restaurants, cafés 1min walk
- Nearest beach 10min drive
- Ceglie 11min drive
- Martina Franca 25min drive
- Cisternino 25min drive
- Torre Canne beach 25min drive
- Torre Guaceto Natural Reseve 25min drive
- Polignano a Mare 40min drive
- Locorotondo 40min drive
- Conversano 45min drive
- Alberobello 45min drive
- Brindisi airport 30min drive
- Bari airport 1hr 10min drive
This property is priced on an accommodation-only basis. To view details of recommended flights please click here.
We are happy to arrange your car hire in Italy; please click here to view options and prices. All hire cars booked with us include:
- Fully inclusive insurance, with zero excess*
- Free additional driver
When you book your car with us, we'll also make sure the paperwork is done in advance, leaving you free to simply check and sign for the vehicle when you arrive. For further information regarding travel arrangements click here.
* For this particular destination, the undercarriage is not included in the cover.
Our choice of Italian properties is diverse, ranging from simple charm to genuine luxury and style. Much of our portfolio is privately owned, and price alone is therefore not a universal guide. We contract all our accommodation in person, and each property has its individual appeal.
To help you make the right choice based on your own priorities, we have devised a simple grading guide to be considered in conjunction with each individual property description, awarding up to a maximum of five stars for the below categories.
* For further clarification on Facilities and Amenities, please view the 'Details' tab for each property or speak to one of our experienced sales consultants.
There’s a different side of Italy to discover on a holiday in Puglia – the land of the trulli, ancient olive groves and historic towns that take you on a journey from Byzantine to Baroque. And then there are the countless beaches and beach clubs that capture the diversity of this absorbing destination: unspoilt, unpretentious and full of creative flair, where the generosity of the locals is matched by the excellence of its cuisine.
Explore our pre-bookable experiences in Puglia.
View holiday Booking Conditions