In this section...
- Sought-after NE Zakynthos coast location
- Idyllic sea views
- Elegant interiors
- Beach 2-minute drive
- Tavernas 8-minute drive
Advance Registration... select your dates and reserve your 2023 holiday online, with a fully refundable deposit of £500.
Good to know...Due to the exceptional demand for May half-term holidays in 2022, flight supplements may apply when booking holidays departing on 28 or 29 May. Please call one of our Destination Specialists for information and rest assured we will do our best to secure the most cost-effective flights available and minimise any additional charges.
Meli is the Greek word for honey, which is an apt description for the mellow natural feel of this lovely villa both inside and out. With polished wood floors, exposed beams and a double-height living/dining space, the house is both cosy and airy, finished with a subtly French flavour and impeccable taste. The master bedroom is on the ground floor, with direct terrace access, whilst upstairs there’s a cosy twin, also with a delightful sea view from its large porthole window. The outside space feels really generous for four, with sunny and shady spots for relaxing or dining, plus plenty of room around the pool for rest and play.
From Meli’s lofty position the craggy coastline beckons temptingly, lapped by translucent turquoise water and indented here and there by pristine pebble coves such as Climati and Kremidi, the former being just a two-minute drive or a 15-minute steep walk (longer coming back!). There are many other little swimming spots nearby, including the so-called sulphur beaches at Xigia, popular for the supposed health-giving qualities of the water, and the sandy, family-oriented Alykes around 25 minutes to the south. The larger beaches all have at least a taverna or two to provide drinks and some local dishes, and for dining out near your villa you can either head into the small harbour village of Agios Nikolaos for typical Greek cuisine, or drop into one of several much more contemporary places which nestle on the shoreline just off the coast road into the village. Villa Meli is also ideally placed to explore the most photogenic spots on Zakynthos, with the Blue Caves and Navagio beach easily reached in around half an hour by car.
Meli is one of three detached villas, each well separated from the others, with individual entrances and swimming pools offset to maximise privacy. Meli is the highest of the three, with Yasmi set below it but not obscuring the view. The Athens-based owner designed the villas for her children, and therefore included some common areas, including a large additional sun terrace and a boules alley, which all guests are welcome to use. For a larger group, Levandi, Yasmi and Meli booked together would be a fantastic combination to mark a special occasion.
- 2 bedroom villa (sleeps 2-4)
- Open plan kitchen/living/dining area; sliding doors lead to terrace
- Compact country-style kitchen includes full cooker, microwave, fridge-freezer, dishwasher
- Master double bedroom (160cm bed) with en-suite shower room/WC; door onto terrace with sea and garden views
- Twin bedroom (90cm beds) with sloping ceiling and large porthole window
- Shower room with WC
- Complimentary wifi
- Air-conditioned throughout
- Washing machine
- Iron, ironing board, hairdryer, pool and bath towels provided
- Outdoor dining area with pergola
- Private swimming pool 7m x 3.5m (depth 1.5m maximum)
- All properties with wifi are able to support basic functionality such as web browsing and checking emails. We aim to offer an uninterrupted service but sometimes due to factors beyond our control reliability can be affected.
National tourist licence (EOT): 1016310
- Accessed by a steep paved road, which flattens out but is unpaved for last 100m
- Mini-market 8min drive
- Tavernas 8min drive
- Climati beach 15min walk downhill/2min drive
- Alykes beach 25min drive
- Blue Caves 25min drive
- Zakynthos Town 40min drive
- Zakynthos airport 45min drive
Based on the number of people travelling, the following hire car(s) are included in the package price of your holiday:
- 2-3 guests – 1 Group C, Suzuki Swift or similar*
- 4 guests – 1 Group D, Ford Focus or similar*
* All our cars include full comprehensive insurance with no excess charge. Please note that damage to the undercarriage, wing mirrors, windscreen and tyres is not covered by insurance.
Group C – 1.3 litre engine, 1 large and 1 medium suitcase*
Group D – 1.6 litre engine, 2 large and 2 medium suitcases*
The following cars are available as alternatives on request (supplements apply). Please call our travel specialists for details.
Group K – Automatic Suzuki Baleno or similar, 1.2 -1.4 litre engine, 2 large and 1 medium suitcases*
Group K1 – Automatic Octavia Skoda or similar, 1.4 -1.6 litre engine, 2 large and 2 medium suitcases*
Group V – Volvo V60 Station Wagon or similar, 3 large suitcases & 1 small suitcase*
Group W – Minibus 6-7 seater or similar, 1.6 litre engine, 1 large and 1 small suitcases*
Group W1 – Minibus 9 seater or similar, 2.0 litre engine, 3 large and 2 small suitcases*
*Suitcase sizes are based on a large suitcase being approximately 75cm x 41cm x 31cm, a medium suitcase of approximately 65cm x 46cm x 29cm and a small suitcase of 55cm x 40cm x 20cm.
Our choice of Greek properties is as diverse as the islands themselves, ranging from simple seaside charm to genuine luxury and style. Much of our portfolio is privately owned, and price alone is therefore not a universal guide.
We contract all our accommodation in person, and each property has its individual appeal. To help you make the right choice based on your own priorities, we have devised a simple grading guide to be considered in conjunction with each individual property description, awarding up to a maximum of five stars for the below categories.
* For further clarification on Facilities and Amenities, please view the 'Details' tab for each property or speak to one of our experienced sales consultants.
Edgar Allen Poe described Zakynthos as 'the flower of the Levante' and today, nearly 200 years later, this multi-faceted destination remains among the least developed of the larger Greek islands. The north in particular retains a timeless feel, thanks in part to its more rugged landscape that makes travel a little slower but infinitely more rewarding. There’s beauty and drama in towering cliffs and forest-clad mountains, but also hours of family fun on golden sandy beaches. From sleepy Agios Nikolaos in the north to the vibrant capital Zakynthos Town, you’ll find luxury villas and romantic honeymoon suites in some of the island’s most idyllic locations.
View holiday Booking Conditions