In this section...
- Stylish contemporary villa
- Stunning west coast position
- Steps down to the beach
- Local taverna 5min drive
Advance Registration... select your dates and reserve your 2023 holiday online, with a fully refundable deposit of £500.
On the west coast of this paradise island, with mesmerising views across the water, Villa Platina is one of two stylish contemporary properties with direct access to the beach. Slightly closer to the sea than neighbouring Villa Asimi, the first floor living area is wonderfully light, with a wall of glass leading out onto the balcony, an idyllic spot to drink in the colourful spectacle as the sun sets behind the mountains of Lefkada.
To the rear of the villa, the pool terrace offers ample space for alfresco lounging and dining and the charming pool wraps cleverly around the side of the house, to give an infinity-style view across the sea. On a lower level, a children’s pool with waterfall feature is sure to delight younger guests and beneath this, the ground floor terrace spans the width of the building offering the same uninterrupted views across the water. Accessible from the two spacious en-suite bedrooms, it provides yet another appealing venue to sit and enjoy the villa’s heavenly location.
A three-minute stroll leads to blissfully unspoilt Agios Ioannis beach and the local taverna is less than five-minutes’ drive away. Further afield (around 15 minutes by car) the sleepy village of Spartochori has a small selection of traditional bars and tavernas, with shops offering everyday groceries and essentials. Beyond this, the coast road leads round to the enchanting harbour in Vathy where you’ll find an excellent choice of waterfront restaurants to suit all tastes.
Meganissi is a place that lends itself to relaxation coupled with a little gentle exploration. At just 20 square kilometres, it doesn’t take long to get a feel for the peaceful, unspoilt way of life here and you are never far away from another enticing turquoise bay for a refreshing dip as you travel round. Villa Platina and neighbouring Villa Asimi enjoy a truly beautiful and tranquil spot and have been designed to ensure each house has its own identity with a good degree of privacy. Booked separately the villas are perfect for couples and small families, booked together they offer great flexibility for larger groups. But whatever the size of your party, relaxed island living is guaranteed.
- 2-bedroom villa (sleeps 4)
- Double bedroom (160cm x 200cm) with en-suite shower room
- Twin bedroom (90cm x 200cm, can be converted into a double bed on request) with en-suite shower room
- Open-plan living/kitchen area with TV
- Kitchen includes oven, hob, microwave, fridge-freezer, dishwasher, Nespresso machine
- Shower room with WC
- Complimentary WiFi
- Air-conditioned throughout
- Iron, ironing board, hairdryer
- Simpson Travel pool towels
- Washing machine
- Private swimming pool 2.4m x 9.5m (depth 1.5 – 1.6m)
- Children's pool 2.4m x 2.4m (depth 1m throughout)
- There are 15 steps to the villa and 83 steps from the villa down to the beach. As a result, Villa Platina is not suitable for those with mobility problems.
- Our Covid-19 pledge means your holiday is fully protected. However, there may be special conditions surrounding flexible booking at this property. For further details, please visit: /covid-pledge-flexible-booking
All properties with WiFi are able to support basic functionality such as web browsing and checking emails. We aim to offer an uninterrupted service but sometimes, due to factors beyond our control, reliability can be affected.
National tourist licence (EOT): 1203727
- Preveza airport to Perigiali jetty by taxi or minibus 45min
- Transfers from Perigiali jetty (café and WC located opposite the jetty; average wait time for transfer to Meganissi is 20mins)
- Perigiali jetty to Meganissi by sea taxi 30min
- Beach (accessed via steps through the garden)
- Agios Ioannis beach 3min walk
- Taverna 5min drive
- Spilia mini-market 15min drive
- Spartohori (tavernas, supermarkets) 15min drive
- Vathy 25min drive
- Nidri on Lefkada 30min boat trip from Spilia or Vathy
Based on the number of people travelling, the following hire car(s) are included in the package price of your holiday:
- 2-3 guests – 1 Group C, Citroen C3 or similar*
- 4-5 guests – 1 Group D, Nissan Note or similar*
* All our cars include comprehensive insurance with zero excess. For this particular destination, the undercarriage tyres and windscreen are not included in the cover.
Group C – 1.4 litre engine, 1 large and 1 small suitcase*
Group D – 1.6 litre engine, 1 large and 2 medium suitcases*
The following cars are available as alternatives on request (supplements apply). Please call our travel specialists for details.
Group E – Fiat Tipo or similar, 2.0 litre engine, 2 large suitcases & 1 small suitcase*
Group F – Automatic Opel Astra or similar, 1.6 litre engine, 1 large and 2 medium suitcases*
* Suitcase sizes are based on a large suitcase being approximately 75cm x 41cm x 31cm, a medium suitcase of approximately 65cm x 46cm x 29cm and a small suitcase of 55cm x 40cm x 20cm.
Our choice of Greek properties is as diverse as the islands themselves, ranging from simple seaside charm to genuine luxury and style. Much of our portfolio is privately owned, and price alone is therefore not a universal guide. We contract all our accommodation in person, and each property has its individual appeal. To help you make the right choice based on your own priorities, we have devised a simple grading guide to be considered in conjunction with each individual property description, awarding up to a maximum of five stars for the below categories.
* For further clarification on Facilities and Amenities, please view the 'Details' tab for each property or speak to one of our experienced sales consultants.
Local life potters along as it’s done for centuries and there are no bustling resorts on Meganissi, just three flower-filled villages – and yet you’ll still see luxury yachts moored in the harbours. Warmly welcoming, this island is also beautifully unspoilt; its coastline dotted with gleaming white beaches, some accessible only by boat or kayak. Inland, the rolling hills make for wonderful walking country, with shady pine forests and spectacular blue seas beyond.
To complete the picture, we offer a selection of handpicked luxury villas on Meganissi.
View holiday Booking Conditions