In this section...
- Elegant contemporary villa
- Mesmerising Ionian views
- Well-equipped summer kitchen
- 2-bedroom annexe
- Sea access
2024 Holidays... 2023 Prices
Our 2024 holidays are now priced online and with our early bird promise, you can enjoy December 2022 prices when you book by 31 December 2023. View Price Freeze Terms & Conditions here.
Meganissi's dazzling coastline invites exploration and we are delighted to have discovered three new villas beautifully situated above the island’s southern shores. Enjoying sensational views across the water to Kalamos and the mainland, 2-bedroom Genesis was the first to be built and is a testament to contemporary elegance, an exclusive escape overlooking the iridescent Ionian Sea.
Interiors offer a perfect balance of style and comfort with all rooms enjoying panoramic views, a dynamic canvas that transforms with the changing hues of the day. Both villa and garden terraces are crafted from the warm local stone, and this combined with the clean lines and high spec finish afford a seamless fusion of indoor and outdoor living. The sophisticated aesthetic is complemented by beautiful planting, an irresistible infinity pool and an enviable outdoor kitchen/diner (complete with hob, fridge, ice-machine and tv) inviting al fresco living both day and night.
To the side of the villa, steps lead down to the sea where a refreshing morning swim or a moonlight dip add an immeasurably lovely dimension to the experience of a stay at Genesis. With only two other villas to share the spot, it feels like an exclusive sanctuary and though all enjoy a good deal of privacy, neighbouring Noesis and Synthesis beneath make heavenly companion villas for larger groups seeking a little separation.
Meganissi itself never fails to enchant visitors with its beauty, simplicity and authentic Greek atmosphere. The coastline is adorned with secluded coves lapped by crystalline waters and one of the most picturesque beaches on the island, Limonari, is just a five-minute drive from the villa, an idyllic spot for snorkelling or enjoying an iced drink at the low-key café.
The island’s three villages are all within easy reach and Vathi, the largest and liveliest, is just a 10-minute drive away. Lining the charming harbour here you’ll find a selection of excellent tavernas and bars and at night, the local children come to play in the pretty square. Despite the influx of luxury yachts in the summer months, it manages to retain an essence of the quintessential Greece of years gone by.
In Greek, Meganissi means "big little island". Though only small, the myriad of inlets and a long peninsula to the south mean the coastline is sizeable and we highly recommend hiring a boat to view it all in the context of smaller neighbours Skorpios, Kalamos and Kastos. After a day out on the water, returning to the villa for a drink by the pool or a meal in your luxury summer kitchen is a joy. Sit back and watch the setting sun cast a golden glow over the horizon; with such priceless riches on your doorstep, you’ll never want to leave.
Explore our pre-bookable experiences in Meganissi
- 2-bedroom villa (sleeps 2-4)
- Accommodation spread across two buildings
- Open-plan living/kitchen/dining area with Smart TV; leads to terrace
- Kitchen includes dishwasher, fridge-freezer, wine cooler fridge, microwave, oven, hob and Nespresso machine
- Laundry room with washing machine, accessed via the outside of the villa
- Located 3 metres opposite the main villa
- Double bedroom (170cm bed) with en-suite shower room with WC; access to terrace
- Twin bedroom (2 x 90cm beds that can be made as a double); access to terrace
- Shower room with WC
- Complimentary WiFi
- Air-conditioned throughout
- Iron, ironing board, hairdryer
- Simpson Travel pool towels
- Twice weekly cleaning and linen change
- Washing machine
- Electric barbecue
- Private saltwater swimming pool 9m x 4m (depth 1.5m throughout)
- On-site car parking
- Outdoor kitchen with hob, fridge, ice maker and outdoor TV
- Shaded outdoor dining area
All properties with WiFi are able to support basic functionality such as web browsing and checking emails. We aim to offer an uninterrupted service but sometimes, due to factors beyond our control, reliability can be affected.
National tourist licence (EOT): 0831K91000531001
- Preveza airport to Perigiali jetty by taxi or minibus 45min
- Transfers from Perigiali jetty (café and WC located opposite the jetty; average wait time for transfer to Meganissi is 20mins)
- Perigiali jetty to Meganissi by sea taxi 30min
- Limonari beach 25min walk/5min drive
- Katomeri village (taverna, minimarket) 25min walk/5min drive
- Vathy (shops, tavernas, boat hire) 45min walk/ 10min drive
Based on the number of people travelling, the following hire car(s) are included in the package price of your holiday:
- 2-3 guests – 1 Group C, Citroen C3 or similar*
- 4 guests – 1 Group D, Nissan Note or similar*
* All our cars include comprehensive insurance with zero excess. For this particular destination, the undercarriage tyres and windscreen are not included in the cover.
Group C – 1.4 litre engine, 1 large and 1 small suitcase*
Group D – 1.6 litre engine, 1 large and 2 medium suitcases*
The following cars are available as alternatives on request (supplements apply). Please call our travel specialists for details.
Group E – Fiat Tipo or similar, 2.0 litre engine, 2 large suitcases & 1 small suitcase*
Group F – Automatic Opel Astra or similar, 1.6 litre engine, 1 large and 2 medium suitcases*
Group N – Automatic Nissan Micra or similar, 1.1 litre engine, 1 large suitcase*
* Suitcase sizes are based on a large suitcase being approximately 75cm x 41cm x 31cm, a medium suitcase of approximately 65cm x 46cm x 29cm and a small suitcase of 55cm x 40cm x 20cm.
Our choice of Greek properties is as diverse as the islands themselves, ranging from simple seaside charm to genuine luxury and style. Much of our portfolio is privately owned, and price alone is therefore not a universal guide. We contract all our accommodation in person, and each property has its individual appeal. To help you make the right choice based on your own priorities, we have devised a simple grading guide to be considered in conjunction with each individual property description, awarding up to a maximum of five stars for the below categories.
* For further clarification on Facilities and Amenities, please view the 'Details' tab for each property or speak to one of our experienced sales consultants.
Local life potters along as it’s done for centuries and there are no bustling resorts on Meganissi, just three flower-filled villages – and yet you’ll still see luxury yachts moored in the harbours. Warmly welcoming, this island is also beautifully unspoilt; its coastline dotted with gleaming white beaches, some accessible only by boat or kayak. Inland, the rolling hills make for wonderful walking country, with shady pine forests and spectacular blue seas beyond.
To complete the picture, we offer a selection of handpicked luxury villas on Meganissi.
Explore our pre-bookable experiences in Meganissi
BookingMultiple.mustache file to be converted
View holiday Booking Conditions