In this section...
- Charming Partner Hotel
- Avithos beach 15min walk
- Contemporary and stylish
- Beautiful gardens
- Suitable for couples and families
2024 Holidays... 2023 Prices
Our 2024 holidays are now priced online and with our early bird promise, you can enjoy December 2022 prices when you book by 31 December 2023. View Price Freeze Terms & Conditions here.
Kefalonia is the largest of the Ionian Islands, the location for the film adaptation of Captain Corelli’s Mandolin and home to some glorious beaches; if you’re keen to see all that it has to offer, it makes sense to pick a reasonably central location. Step forward the Avithos Hotel, beautifully styled and located in Svoronata, on the south west coast. Set amongst a tranquil landscape of olive groves and cypress trees, this stylishly designed hotel is a luxurious oasis of attractive buildings and pretty gardens boasting an impressive swimming pool and separate children’s pool. Days here feel delightfully decadent in the shade of the comfortable cabanas spaced around the edge, with massage available while you lie there – or in your room if you prefer.
A choice of deluxe suites and maisonettes, each with kitchen and private balcony or veranda, makes the hotel an ideal choice for couples and families (2 adults, 2 children) seeking the flexibility of self-catering accommodation combined with the services of a well-run hotel. Interiors are light and airy; contemporary in style, with a restful blend of earthy tones and natural materials creating a sense of discreet luxury and harmony. Breakfast is included, served in the attractive dining area or on the pool terrace and a tempting choice of light meals and drinks are available throughout the day at the poolside snack bar.
Avithos Beach and its two delightful tavernas are within easy walking distance of the property and just a short drive from the lively island capital Argostoli, a vibrant and attractive venue for shopping, boat trips or a sophisticated evening out. Day trips to many of the island’s famous beaches are a realistic possibility too, thanks to the convenient location, and pretty Fiskardo, in the far north of the island, is about an hour and 15-minutes away by car. Avithos Hotel is an exciting addition to our hotel collection, and we are delighted to welcome it to our portfolio for 2021.
Explore our pre-bookable experiences in Kefalonia
- 52-room hotel
- Deluxe Suites (sleeps 2)
- Maisonettes (sleeps 2-4)
- For individual details and images please open the Suites/Maisonettes tab
- Daily breakfast
- Simpson concierge service
- Complimentary WiFi
- Air conditioning
- Daily maid service
- Equipped kitchenette
- Flat screen TV with limited satellite channels
- Complimentary bathroom products
- Iron, ironing board, hairdryer
- Pool snack bar
- Massage and beauty treatments can be arranged (payable locally)
- Shared swimming pool 15m x 22m (depth 1m – 1.7m)
- Children’s swimming pool 6m (depth 0.5m)
- Complimentary shuttle bus service to Avithos beach
- In Greece, a nominal visitor tax applies, known as the Overnight Stay Tax, which varies depending on the accommodation. During your stay at Avithos Resort, €3 per night per room must be paid locally in cash and will be collected either by the property owner or our local representative on their behalf.
- All properties with WiFi are able to support basic functionality such as web browsing and checking emails. We aim to offer an uninterrupted service but sometimes, due to factors beyond our control, reliability can be affected.
National tourist licence (EOT): 0430K033A0000101
- Mini-supermarket 10min walk
- Tavernas 10-15min walk
- Avithos beach (tavernas, bar) 15min walk
- Ai-Helis beach (tavernas, bar) 20min walk
- Svoronata 5min drive
- Argostoli and airport 15min drive
Based on the number of people travelling, the following hire car(s) are included in the package price of your holiday:
- 2-3 guests – 1 Group B, Fiat Panda or similar*
- 4 guests – 1 Group C, Hyundai i20 or similar*
* All our cars include comprehensive insurance with no excess charge. For this particular destination, the undercarriage, tyres, wing mirrors and windscreen are not included in the cover.
Group B – 1.2 litre engine, 2 medium suitcases*
Group C – Hyundai i20 or similar, 1.3 litre engine, 1 medium & 1 large suitcase*
* Suitcase sizes are based on a large suitcase being approximately 75cm x 41cm x 31cm, a medium suitcase of approximately 65cm x 46cm x 29cm and a small suitcase of 55cm x 40cm x 20cm.
Ithaca was beautiful and still retained charms that were reminiscent of 30 years ago. We will return. Judith was superb too!
Once again, we are very impressed by the excellent service and support from Simpson Travel. A big thank you to John who met us on arrival at Kefalonia who not only took us to our hire car but guided us along the narrow roads to our hotel. On our arrival by ferry at Ithaca, our delightful rep, Judith, was waiting with our car. She was full of helpful advice and information about the beautiful island and we found her very easy to contact when we had a small problem.
Very happy with the whole experience. The Avithos delivers exactly "what it says on the tin". Suits those who like 50 bed hotels that allow contact with other folks (if you want it) but convenience and good facilities, peace with a lovely pool, the independence of a little car to chug about in, plenty local good restaurants, an unspoiled island. Almost gives you a "self-contained" feeling whilst supported by good staff and facilities that worked well for us as a couple.
We had a fantastic holiday, both locations were of a very high standard. Marion and Judith were extremely helpful and knowledgeable - all of their recommendations were spot on.
We rarely visit the same place twice, but we would to the Avithos Hotel...that says it all!!
Our choice of Greek properties is as diverse as the islands themselves, ranging from simple seaside charm to genuine luxury and style. Much of our portfolio is privately owned, and price alone is therefore not a universal guide. We contract all our accommodation in person, and each property has its individual appeal. To help you make the right choice based on your own priorities, we have devised a simple grading guide to be considered in conjunction with each individual property description, awarding up to a maximum of five stars for the below categories.
* For further clarification on Facilities and Amenities, please view the 'Details' tab for each property or speak to one of our experienced sales consultants.
Densely forested hills dotted with traditional hamlets and a coastline of small, quiet coves make Kefalonia an unspoilt Greek holiday delight. Its northeastern tip shelters picture-perfect Fiskardo, whose 18th-century houses stand proud with their flower-festooned balconies and carved doors. South Kefalonia hosts Argostoli, the vibrant island capital that still has an active fishing fleet alongside its buzzing cafes and restaurants. Come early and you’ll probably spot a loggerhead turtle in the harbour, or stay late and take a stroll down the waterfront promenade. Trapezaki is a little southern secret, with beautiful views over the sea to Zakynthos and up to Mount Ainos, the highest peak on the island. There’s an unspoilt sandy beach here with a single taverna, and if you’re looking for more choice, try Lourdas, a lovely long sandy/shingle beach lined with waterfront cafes and restaurants.
Explore our pre-bookable experiences in Kefalonia
BookingMultiple.mustache file to be converted
View holiday Booking Conditions