In this section...
- Beautiful country house
- Stylish and charming interiors
- Extensive private gated grounds
- Superb views
- 12m heated swimming pool
- Walking distance to restaurants & shops
2024 Holidays... 2023 Prices
Our 2024 holidays are now priced online and with our early bird promise, you can enjoy December 2022 prices when you book by 31 December 2023. View Price Freeze Terms & Conditions here.
If you had to pick just one place that brings together all the most enticing elements of a French country holiday, then you might well go for this delightful one. Located in the heart of gourmet Dordogne yet comfortably removed from the visitor hot-spots, Maison Chamenon sits in 10,000m2 of fenced, private gardens which are exclusively yours to enjoy. The house has an elevated position on the Côte de Jor, a celebrated local beauty spot that overlooks the full splendour of the UNESCO-protected Vézère valley. The views from the terrace are superb, whether you’re waking up with a morning coffee, lost in a novel or toasting the end of another idyllic day. With lush greenery all around, there’s a wonderful feeling of privacy and escape, where you can enjoy the relaxing power of nature alongside the pleasures of an elegant holiday retreat.
The house has three bedrooms, each with its own en-suite bathroom and therefore ideal for two or three couples or a family. There’s a large and inviting living/dining space which opens directly onto the terrace with its panoramic views. Just below is the 12-metre swimming pool, helpfully heated so you can enjoy a dip even in the early or late season. The owners live in the house in the winter months, so you’ll find it very well equipped with all the comforts of home, including a Smart TV, workspace with printer and a Sonos sound system. The kitchen is particularly well supplied for any culinary action, however you may find little incentive to cook: the beautiful little village of Saint-Léon-sur-Vézère (1km) punches well above its weight in terms of restaurants, including the acclaimed Le Petit Léon. For foodie friends, Francophile couples or an active family, Maison Chamenon makes a blissful base for discovering the Dordogne.
Picturesque Saint-Léon-sur-Vézère is listed as one of France’s ‘most beautiful villages’ and Maison Chamenon sits just a 15-minute walk away. It’s a film-set sort of a place, with sleepy narrow streets, medieval buildings and a river running through it, plus those all-important holiday amenities including a bakery, eight restaurants and even a cocktail bar. The entire Vézère valley is a UNESCO World Heritage site on account of the abundance of prehistoric shelters and painted caves. Lascaux, known as the Sistine Chapel of Prehistoric Art, is within easy reach; other days out include the troglodyte caves of La Roque St Christophe, the Maison Forte de Reignac and the Prehisto Park. For outdoor enthusiasts there is fishing, kayaking and canoeing on the Vézère River below the property. For a gentler day out, you’ll find a range of shops, bars and excellent restaurants in Montignac or Les Eyzies, which is also home to the Michelin-starred Le 1862 restaurant. Sarlat, the foodie mecca and medieval gem of the Périgord Noir, is around a 30-minute drive.
- 3 bedrooms (sleeps 6)
- Kitchen with dishwasher, washing machine, fridge-freezer, microwave oven, hob, bar with 3 stools and coffee maker
- Open plan living-dining area with Smart TV and Bluetooth speaker; leads to terrace
- Laundry room with washing machine
- Double bedroom (160cm bed) with en-suite bath and shower room; leads to terrace
- Double bedroom (160cm bed) with en-suite shower room; leads to terrace
- Twin bedroom (2x 90cm beds) with en-suite shower room; leads to terrace
- Complimentary WiFi
- Open carport
- Private heated 12m x 5m pool, chlorine
- 6 pool loungers
- Shaded outdoor dining area
- Gas Plancha barbecue
- Please note, families with children under 10 years old are required to sign a waiver due to open steps down to the pool area from terrace.
- For further information on Terms and Conditions specific to this French property please click here
- Sunday arrival
- Check in time – 5.00pm
- Check out time – 10.00am
- All properties with WiFi are able to support basic functionality such as web browsing and checking emails*
* We aim to offer an uninterrupted service but sometimes due to factors beyond our control reliability can be affected.
- Bed linen, bath and pool towels are provided.
- Weekly linen change
- Weekly clean
Bergerac airport, 1hr 10min drive
- TGV stations
Bordeaux, 2 hr 20min drive
- Town (Saint Léon sur Vézère) 15min walk
- Restaurant 15min walk
- Lake 20min walk
- Basic shop 20min walk
- Supermarket (Montignac) 15min drive
Our choice of France properties is diverse, ranging from simple charm to genuine luxury and style. Much of our portfolio is privately owned, and price alone is therefore not a universal guide. We contract all our accommodation in person, and each property has its individual appeal.
To help you make the right choice based on your own priorities, we have devised a simple grading guide to be considered in conjunction with each individual property description, awarding up to a maximum of five stars for the below categories.
* For further clarification on Facilities, please view the 'Details' tab for each property or speak to one of our experienced sales consultants.
From the Dordogne’s forest-covered hillsides to the undulating countryside of Lot-et-Garonne, these fertile landscapes have long played their part in human history – the famous Lascaux cave paintings testify to that. For a taste of spectacular coastline on your holiday, head to Charente-Maritime or find a lakeside beach that’s perfect for a picnic – this region is known for its abundant food and excellent wines. Choose a restaurant in an ancient village square and enjoy the sense of history repeated.
And for a place to stay in Dordogne and the South West, explore our collection of luxury villas.
BookingMultiple.mustache file to be converted
View holiday Booking Conditions