In this section...
- Fabulous location in beautiful Gordes
- Stylish interiors
- Gated pool and beautiful lawn
- Short walk to restaurants and shops
- Simpson family extras available
Gordes is one of the most attractive and historically interesting villages in all of Provence, and to stay in a house like this one, just a 10-minute walk from the centre, feels like a real privilege. The villa is built in the traditional dry-stone style so characteristic of the Luberon, and finished with tasteful understatement, exactly as you might expect from a place that knows it really doesn’t have to try too hard.
Mas de la Borie sits in 1,900 square metres of terraced gardens, with an immaculate private swimming pool. The house feels sophisticated yet family friendly, with lawns to play on and a gated pool for extra peace of mind. The outdoor space has been really well thought out, with plenty of room for dining and relaxing, and even a boules court if you fancy having a go at one of the traditional local pastimes. When the sun is high in the sky you can always find a shady spot in the courtyard, and when evening falls, you can return here for an apéritif and bask in the residual warmth trapped in its pale golden stones.
Gordes village (population around 2,200) has no fewer than three Michelin-starred restaurants, but if your dining tastes are less extravagant, there are also many other choices for a romantic meal or a relaxed family dinner, all just a short stroll from your front door.
The local area
Gordes is a bit of a paradox; full of upmarket restaurants and estate agencies selling multi-million euro villas on the one hand, yet with a proud tradition of anti-establishment independence on the other. The village stood firmly in opposition when the Kingdom of France absorbed Provence in the 15th century, and was a stronghold of Resistance activity during WWII. Nowadays the only battles are likely to be over a parking spot (fortunate are those who are based here and don’t need a car!) and the narrow, arcaded streets, known as calades, are a joy to discover. With so much to hand it’s tempting just to stay put, but there are many must-see highlights within the local area, including the iconic Abbey de Sénanque (4km) surrounded by a mass of fragrant lavender from June to August, and other impossibly pretty hilltop villages like Roussillon (7km), Ménerbes (12km) and Lacoste (15km), former home of the Marquis de Sade who fled here in the 1700s when his writing scandalised Parisian society. If you prefer to leave the car at home, there are trails and hiking routes for all abilities, some of which start right in Gordes itself.
Explore our pre-bookable experiences in Provence
- 3 bedroom villa (sleeps 2-6)
- Large open-plan living/dining area with TV
- Fully equipped kitchen with breakfast bar and includes electric hob, oven, Nespresso machine, 2 SMEG Fridge-freezers, dishwasher
- Double bedroom (160cm bed) with en-suite shower room
- Separate WC
Lower ground floor
- Double bedroom (160cm bed) with en suite shower room
- Twin bedroom with en suite shower room
- Washing machine
- Complimentary WiFi
- Air-conditioned throughout
- Iron, ironing board and hairdryer provided
- TVs in all bedrooms
- Covered terrace with dining table
- Gas barbecue plancha
- Boules court
- Private gated swimming pool 11m x 4m (depth 1m throughout), electric cover
Complimentary cot and highchair available
Simpson family extras
- Complimentary cot and highchair available
- Family favourite range of toys and games, suitable for ages 5-11
- Bed linen, bath and pool towels are provided
- Weekly cleaning and linen change for stays of two weeks or more
- Mid-week clean per week (2 hours) included
Villa access times
- Check-in time – 4.00pm to 7.00pm (arrival 7.00pm to 9.00pm at a supplement)
- Check-out time – 10.00 am
- All properties with WiFi are able to support basic functionality such as web browsing and checking emails*
* We aim to offer an uninterrupted service but sometimes due to factors beyond our control reliability can be affected.
- Shops/restaurants (Gordes) 10min walk
- Roussillon 10min drive
- Isle-sur-la-Sorgue 20min drive
- Avignon 45min drive
- Mont Ventoux 1hr drive
- Marseille airport 1hr drive
Brilliant service as always, looking forward to choosing our next holiday with Simpson soon.
Robert Mead – September 2019
Sarah was absolutely excellent as was the person who showed us into the villa and came to see us out. We loved the villa – I would suggest the description does not do it justice – we love Gordes and hope to return again soon.
Mr Alston – July 2019
Our choice of French properties is diverse, ranging from simple charm to genuine luxury and style. Much of our portfolio is privately owned, and price alone is therefore not a universal guide. We contract all our accommodation in person, and each property has its individual appeal.
To help you make the right choice based on your own priorities, we have devised a simple grading guide to be considered in conjunction with each individual property description, awarding up to a maximum of five stars for the below categories.
* For further clarification on Facilities and Amenities, please view the 'Details' tab for each property or speak to one of our experienced sales consultants.
There’s no better way to while away leisurely holiday hours than by visiting the boutiques, chic cafés and flower markets of elegant Aix-en-Provence or wandering the cobbled streets of the beautiful hilltop village of Gordes. And in Provence the past is ever-present in Tarascon’s Medieval, Romanesque and Gothic influences and the Roman amphitheatre in Arles.
Introduce fragrant fields of lavender, rolling hills and the red salt lagoons of the nearby Camargue National Park and before you lies a holiday destination to rival any other, complemented by our selection of handpicked luxury villas to help you make the most of your luxury holiday in Provence.
Explore our pre-bookable experiences in Provence
BookingMultiple.mustache file to be converted
View holiday Booking Conditions