In this section...
- Stylish contemporary beach house
- Beach 300m
- Heated swimming pool
- Pétanque court
- Shops and restaurants 15min walk
2024 Holidays... 2023 Prices
Our 2024 holidays are now priced online and with our early bird promise, you can enjoy December 2022 prices when you book by 31 December 2023. View Price Freeze Terms & Conditions here.
La Couarde is one of the loveliest villages on the south coast of Ile de Ré, and this smart new (2021) villa is just a five-minute walk from one of the finest beaches on the whole island. It’s the perfect base for a relaxing week or two of sand, sea and stylish living, with lots of attractively designed space both inside and out.
One of the many advantages of new-build properties is their attention to the practical details that make a holiday effortless. Villa des Prises has a small office space adjoining one of the double rooms, with full-fibre internet access for those need to stay connected. And for those who have the luxury of switching off completely, the whole villa is decked out in lovely natural shades for a contemporary yet very calming feel. The ground floor is entirely open plan, with a sleek new kitchen and sliding doors onto the pool deck making the generously sized interiors feel even bigger.
The garden has been designed for you to make the most of the great outdoors all summer long, with two terraces, a retractable awning so you can choose early season sun or August shade, and sparkling pool that’s heated from May to September. And of course, with the dunes and vast sands of the Plage des Prises just 300m away, there are all sorts of other wonderful summer pursuits on the doorstep, from sailing and SUP-ing to cycle paths that connect you easily with the rest of the island. The shops, restaurants and distinctively-painted cottages of La Couarde are a 15-minute walk or short cycle ride away, and this handy mid-island location means that everything from oyster shacks to bike hire shops is within easy reach.
Please note: there is a minimum 14-night stay for bookings at this villa between 22 July and 2 September 2023
La Couarde is a village with two distinct identities: the centre and the beach. The painted houses, quirky shops and cobbled side streets of the centre are archetypal Ile de Ré. At the beach end of the village, there are some children's fair rides and a few more beachy-style shops, including the only surf shop on the island. Some of the beaches along this stretch have summer lifeguards, and the west-facing aspect means stunning sunsets. Nearby Bois Plage is a little livelier than La Couarde, worth a visit for its fabulous covered market. On the northern coast you’ll find St Martin de Ré, the diminutive island capital and hub, filled with harbour-side restaurants, cafes, boutiques and a genteel holiday buzz. And if you want explore deeper into local traditions and culture, you can visit the salt marshes just a few kilometres away to the east.
- 4 bedroom villa (sleeps 8)
- Kitchen includes island/breakfast bar with 4 bar stools and oven, hob, microwave, coffee-maker, fridge-freezer and dishwasher
- Open-plan living/dining area with Smart TV, DVD player and Bluetooth speaker; leads to terrace
- Dining space with table for 6 in open-plan living room
- Separate TV lounge
- Laundry room
- Double bedroom (160cm bed) with en-suite shower room
- Twin bedroom (90cm beds that can be made as a double)
- Double bedroom (160cm bed)
- Shower room
- Double bedroom (160cm bed) with en-suite shower room
- Complimentary WiFi
- Iron, ironing board and hairdryer provided
- Simpson pool/beach towels provided
- Heated swimming pool 9m x 2m with 4 pool loungers
- Gas plancha barbecue
- Outdoor dining with shade
- On-site car parking space and garage
- Please note: this property is unsuitable for children under 8 years old due to exposed drop between the swimming pool and pétanque court
- For further information on Terms and Conditions for this property please click here
- All properties with WiFi are able to support basic functionality such as web browsing and checking emails*
* We aim to offer an uninterrupted service but sometimes due to factors beyond our control reliability can be affected.
- Weekly clean and linen change
- TGV stations
- Plage des Prises beach 3min drive
- Restaurant/basic shops/bike hire (La Courade-Sur-Mer) 20min walk
- Supermarket (Saint-Martin-de-Re) 12min drive
Our choice of France properties is diverse, ranging from simple charm to genuine luxury and style. Much of our portfolio is privately owned, and price alone is therefore not a universal guide. We contract all our accommodation in person, and each property has its individual appeal.
To help you make the right choice based on your own priorities, we have devised a simple grading guide to be considered in conjunction with each individual property description, awarding up to a maximum of five stars for the below categories.
* For further clarification on Facilities, please view the 'Details' tab for each property or speak to one of our experienced sales consultants.
Described as the Pearl of the Atlantic, Ile de Ré has long since been on the radar of upmarket Parisians, sailors and sophisticates, famed for the beauty of its contrasting landscapes and the refined elegance of its towns and villages. The island’s ease of access and well-marked cycle trails afford a realistic opportunity for a car-free holiday and with 100km of glorious unspoilt coastline, a micro-climate that makes it one of the sunniest regions in France and a way of life that celebrates nature and conservation, this chic little island is an enchanting destination for beach-lovers, foodies and anyone looking to embrace the great outdoors.
Explore our collection of villas in Ile de Ré and discover why everyone’s talking about the Pearl of the Atlantic.
BookingMultiple.mustache file to be converted
View holiday Booking Conditions