In this section...
- Stylish and contemporary
- Enclosed garden
- Heated swimming pool
- Beach 5min walk
- Shops, harbour and restaurants 5min cycle
2024 Holidays... 2023 Prices
Our 2024 holidays are now priced online and with our early bird promise, you can enjoy December 2022 prices when you book by 31 December 2023. View Price Freeze Terms & Conditions here.
If we had to pick one villa that perfectly sums up the effortless seaside chic of Ile de Ré, then it might well be this one. With its single-storey layout and secluded walled garden, it’s a typical maison Rétaise, tastefully finished to create a holiday base that’s both sophisticated and understated, rather like the island itself. From oversized mirrors to the French navy colour scheme, the decorative touches lend a sense of occasion to your holiday, but at heart this is a welcoming family home, with three double bedrooms and a practical kids bunk room sleeping up to four little people.
The courtyard garden is equally well thought out, with shady space to enjoy a long leisurely lunch and a small heated swimming pool. It’s a wonderful spot to retreat to after a day on the beach, tucked away behind high walls to give you the feeling of your own private space, and ideal for a relaxed barbecue or post-dinner digestif beneath the stars.
Villa de la Cible has a fantastic location, just a five-minute walk from Plage de la Cible. This is a postcard-perfect, 200m-long stretch of sand, dotted with white painted beach huts and a restaurant during the main summer season. For a little more activity, a five-minute flat cycle ride will take you to the centre of Saint Martin. The island’s tiny capital is awash with holiday temptations, from harbourside restaurants to artisan shops, delis and cafes, a glorious spot to sit and soak up the atmosphere of this delightful little place.
For eating and shopping, Saint Martin harbour is your first port of call, hosting a bustling covered market and numerous bars and restaurants. The town also has some impressive fortifications to explore, and all the island’s roads and excellent cycle paths converge here, so you really are at the heart of the heart! La Cible beach is delightfully family friendly with shallow, calm waters, and for a change of scene you can cycle across the island to Le Bois Plage (4km). The beach here is larger, with sand dunes and a few waves to play in. Ré may be small but there’s always plenty to do in addition to bikes and beaches, with surfing, paddle boarding, sailing, boat trips, birdwatching and oyster tasting all on the menu and never far away.
- 4 bedroom villa (sleeps 8)
- Open-plan living/kitchen/dining area with Smart TV and Bluetooth speaker; leads to terrace and garden
- Kitchen includes island/breakfast bar with 3 bar stools and oven, hob, microwave, coffee-maker, fridge-freezer and dishwasher
- Dining space with table for 8 in open-plan living room
- Laundry room
- 2x WC
- Bedroom 1: double room (160cm bed) with en-suite shower room
- Bedroom 2: twin bedroom (90cm beds that can be made as a double)
- Bedroom 3: 2 sets of bunk beds
- Bedroom 4: double bedroom (160cm bed) with en-suite shower room
- Complimentary WiFi
- Iron, ironing board and hairdryer provided
- Simpson pool/beach towels provided
- Heated swimming pool 6m x 3m with 4 pool loungers
- Gas plancha barbecue
- Outdoor dining with shade
- Outdoor shower
- Small garage for one car, bike storage and beach equipment
- Parking space available in cul-de-sac
- For further information on Terms and Conditions for this property please click here
- All properties with WiFi are able to support basic functionality such as web browsing and checking emails*
* We aim to offer an uninterrupted service but sometimes due to factors beyond our control reliability can be affected.
- Weekly clean and linen change
Biarritz airport 20min drive
- TGV stations
La Rochelle 30min drive
- Beach and restaurant (Plage de la Cible) 5min walk
- Basic shops (Saint-Martin-de-Ré) 20min walk
- Supermarket (Saint-Martin-de-Ré) 6min walk
- Bike hire (Saint-Martin-de-Ré) 20min walk
We’ve had a wonderful two weeks despite some rather inclement weather. What a fantastic villa and Majid is great.
Our choice of France properties is diverse, ranging from simple charm to genuine luxury and style. Much of our portfolio is privately owned, and price alone is therefore not a universal guide. We contract all our accommodation in person, and each property has its individual appeal.
To help you make the right choice based on your own priorities, we have devised a simple grading guide to be considered in conjunction with each individual property description, awarding up to a maximum of five stars for the below categories.
* For further clarification on Facilities, please view the 'Details' tab for each property or speak to one of our experienced sales consultants.
Described as the Pearl of the Atlantic, Ile de Ré has long since been on the radar of upmarket Parisians, sailors and sophisticates, famed for the beauty of its contrasting landscapes and the refined elegance of its towns and villages. The island’s ease of access and well-marked cycle trails afford a realistic opportunity for a car-free holiday and with 100km of glorious unspoilt coastline, a micro-climate that makes it one of the sunniest regions in France and a way of life that celebrates nature and conservation, this chic little island is an enchanting destination for beach-lovers, foodies and anyone looking to embrace the great outdoors.
Explore our collection of villas in Ile de Ré and discover why everyone’s talking about the Pearl of the Atlantic.
BookingMultiple.mustache file to be converted
View holiday Booking Conditions