In this section...
- Contemporary and cosy family villa
- Private pool, can be heated
- Close to forest trails
- Many nearby activities
- Moliets beach 15-minute walk
2024 Holidays... 2023 Prices
Our 2024 holidays are now priced online and with our early bird promise, you can enjoy December 2022 prices when you book by 31 December 2023. View Price Freeze Terms & Conditions here.
In the Royal Club Aquitaine estate of Moliets-Plage, a residential area, attractive Villa Aliénor is a leisurely 15-minute walk from the golden expanse of Moliets’ main beach, and also close to the quieter Chênes-Lièges, a lovely Plage Verte within a nature reserve.
Warmly welcoming and cosily styled, the contemporary single-storey layout makes it easy if you’ve got little ones, and outside, a small lawn and an enclosed pool with optional heating keep it toddler friendly and a great spot to enjoy in the cooler months of summer. There’s also an electric barbecue for evenings eating al fresco on the decked terrace.
The local area
A short drive from the village of Moliets-et-Maa and surrounded by pine forests interwoven with peaceful cycle trails, this is the perfect base to relax into the natural beauty of your surroundings – and make the most of them. Meanwhile, its proximity to the beach puts kitesurfing, windsurfing and bodyboarding on the agenda, as well as the challenge of finding your feet on a surfboard!
Much of the area’s beach life is centred on Moliets’ impressive and highly organised main beach. The promenade leading down to the sand, lined with boutiques, surf shops and places to eat, is relatively touristy, but extremely family friendly. You could let teens flex their independence here for a few hours: there’s plenty to keep them occupied, in addition to the tennis courts nearby. And after the fun of the Atlantic Ocean’s tumbling surf, there’s a gentler side of beach life to be found around the charming Lac de Léon, including paddle-boarding, kayaking, pedalos and La Haut Aventure Park all about a ten-minute drive away.
Meanwhile, pretty Léon village is Moliets’ quieter, more traditional cousin with morning markets and at least three good local restaurants. It’s also a five-minute drive from the tranquil Courant d’Huchet nature reserve, where the main attraction is a guided gondola trip down to the coast through lush scenery described as the Amazon of Les Landes.
Hossegor, a 25-minute drive away, is where the laid-back surfer vibe of California meets the sophistication of France – and image-conscious teens will love it! Its excellent food hall, designer surf wear and chic markets and boutiques also make it a destination for shopping as well as soaking up beach life at its best. Nearby Capbreton offers a more authentic taste of coastal life and its renowned marina restaurants are where the locals go to sample the catch of the day from the local fish market.
The Pays Basque offers a different side of Aquitaine, with historic villages and rolling hills. The capital, Bayonne, is rarely on the tourist radar, but it’s a historic gem with a stunning cathedral as well as being the chocolate capital of France! A little further along the coast, you’ll find Biarritz, where Belle Époque glamour sits alongside a vibrant shopping, eating and cultural scene – all the more impressive for its dramatic coastal location.
Explore our pre-bookable experiences in Aquitaine
- 4 bedroom villa (sleeps 2-6)
- Open-plan living/dining area, fireplace, TV, DVD player, music dock/speaker
- Fully-equipped kitchen with microwave, fridge-freezer, dishwasher, washing machine
- Master double bedroom with en-suite bathroom (no WC)
- Double bedroom
- Double bedroom (can be converted into a twin on request)
- Twin bedroom with en-suite shower room (no WC)
- Family bathroom with Jacuzzi bath (no WC)
- 2 WCs
Please note that although there are four bedrooms, the maximum occupancy of this villa is six people.
- Complimentary WiFi
- Iron, ironing board, hairdryer and pool towels provided
- Cot, highchair and baby changing mat
- Electric barbecue
- Decked terrace with shaded area, sunbeds and garden furniture
- Solar-powered outdoor shower
- Private swimming pool 5m x 10m (depth 1m – 1.9m), can be heated, £200/week supp applies
- Smoking is not permitted in the villa
- Underground garage for 2-3 cars
- Nearby activities include surfing, kitesurfing, windsurfing, sailing, water-skiing, jet-skiing, kayaking, golf, cycling, horse-riding, birdwatching, fishing, course landaise, adrenaline park, aqua parc
- For further information on Terms and Conditions specific to this French property please click here
- All properties with WiFi are able to support basic functionality such as web browsing and checking emails*
* We aim to offer an uninterrupted service but sometimes due to factors beyond our control reliability can be affected.
Villa access times
- Check-in time – 5.00-7.00pm
- Check-out time – 10.00am
- Weekly change of linen, bath and pool towels for bookings of two weeks or more
- Light mid-stay clean for bookings of two weeks or more
- Ferry ports
St Malo 680km
- TGV stations
- Moliets beach 15min walk (1km)
- Chênes-Lièges (beach) 15min walk (1km)
- Courant d’Huchet nature reserve 5min drive
- Restaurants/supermarket/bakery (Moliets-Plage) 6min drive (2km)
- Lac de Léon 15min drive (10km)
- Waterpark 25min drive (20km)
- Hossegor beach and centre 25min drive (22km)
Excellent service from start to finish. From the moment we booked the holiday everyone we dealt with was professional and helpful. We were contacted by Jonathan prior to our holiday who helped us with numerous queries, from booking vet appointments to recommending places to eat and even suggesting alternative routes when major roads were closed due to the forest fires. Both houses were of an excellent standard and the local reps were both very knowledgeable and available to answer any queries. The Simpson App is also a really useful feature, especially if you are travelling as a large group. The attention to detail provides a truly personal service. We had an amazing holiday and will definitely be booking through Simpson Travel again in the future.
We love Alienor. The house is spacious and elegantly comfortable. The pool is beautiful too. The location is ideal with so much to do all around and being able to walk to the beach makes it the perfect place to stay.
A beautiful location with stunning beaches and numerous cycle routes. The house was perfect and very close to the beach. There’s lots to do and it is very well equipped.
Such a brilliant service from Simpson Travel! Accommodation was wonderful and location perfect. We had the best family holiday to date!
Great villa in a great location. This is a new area of France for us, but we would thoroughly recommend it to anyone – lots to do and see and some great food!
Our choice of French properties is diverse, ranging from simple charm to genuine luxury and style. Much of our portfolio is privately owned, and price alone is therefore not a universal guide. We contract all our accommodation in person, and each property has its individual appeal.
To help you make the right choice based on your own priorities, we have devised a simple grading guide to be considered in conjunction with each individual property description, awarding up to a maximum of five stars for the below categories.
* For further clarification on Facilities and Amenities, please view the 'Details' tab for each property or speak to one of our experienced sales consultants.
Once entirely marshland, this region is now a natural playground of sand dunes and beaches, pine forests and picturesque lakes, where walking and cycling are the most pleasurable ways of getting around. An idyllic meeting of France and California with truly spectacular waves and wide-ranging cuisine, upmarket Hossegor thrives on a surfing culture of stylish, laid-back living. However, in authentic Capbreton next door, and many of the towns and villages no more than an hour away, the historical roots go deeper and there’s much to explore.
Visit our collection of handpicked villas in Hossegor and the Landes Coast to complete your luxury holiday on the Aquitaine Coast.
BookingMultiple.mustache file to be converted
View holiday Booking Conditions