In this section...
- 12m heated pool
- Private dining service
- Short walk to village shop and restaurant
- Expansive lawned gardens
- Quintessential French country house
2024 Holidays... 2023 Prices
Our 2024 holidays are now priced online and with our early bird promise, you can enjoy December 2022 prices when you book by 31 December 2023. View Price Freeze Terms & Conditions here.
For a taste of classic French country living, La Chartreuse boasts all the right ingredients. Set in delightful private gardens, this spacious maison de maître has immediate kerb appeal thanks to its elegant proportions, pale blue shutters and lovely edge-of-village location. Inside, tasteful décor, traditional flooring (flagstones in the hall and living rooms, parquet in the dining room) and a host of characterful features add to its charms, creating a mood of refined informality and relaxed style.
Set over three floors, the house comfortably accommodates groups of 10 and on the top floor there is even a large games room – a paradise for the young at heart, with table football and a TV with Netflix, DVD player and DVD library.
Outside, the lawned gardens are wonderfully private and offer plenty of space for large groups to spread out and enjoy the spot, whether hard at rest or play. Table tennis and boules are provided, and the generous heated pool is equally suited to serious swimming or splashing about in the sunshine. Alfresco entertaining is a dream thanks to a built-in barbecue and Green Egg cooker and the wooden dining table on the terrace is very much at the heart of the home in the summer months. Alternatively, the owners of La Chartreuse offer a bespoke private dining option, where you can treat yourself to a superb chef-prepared meal in the comfort and privacy of your holiday home.
The Local Area
La Chartreuse enjoys an ideal edge-of-village location in St Jean de Marsacq, within walking distance of the local mini-market (with bakery) and restaurant. The surrounding countryside is a peaceful reflection of rural life in Aquitaine but the world-class beaches and surf scene of Hossegor are just a 25-minute drive away, when you fancy a little more action. Here you’ll find an excellent choice of shops, restaurants, weekly markets and oyster shacks, and the centre is a magnet for style-conscious teens wanting to explore the trendy boutiques and cafés. The numerous trails connecting the coast, forests and lagoons make cycling here a joy and golf lovers will enjoy the 18-hole courses at Hossegor and nearby Seignosse.
Explore our pre-bookable experiences in Aquitaine
- 5 bedroom villa (sleeps 2-10)
- Entrance hall
- Living room with feature fireplace
- Dining room
- Summer room leading to terrace
- Kitchen includes oven, hob, Krups percolator and espresso maker, microwave, fridge-freezer, dishwasher
- Utility room with additional fridge-freezer, washing machine, tumble dryer
- Double bedroom (180cm bed) with en-suite bathroom with WC
- Double bedroom (180cm bed) with en-suite shower room, no WC
- Double bedroom (180cm bed)
- Double bedroom (180cm bed)
- Double bedroom (180cm bed, can be converted into twin beds on request)
- Bathroom with bath, shower and WC
- Shower room with WC
- TV/games room, TV (with basic UK channels inc. BBC News), Netflix and Apple TV enabled (guests need to use their own passwords), DVD player with DVD library
- Sofa bed for 1-2 additional guests, though please note this is intended for occasional use and is not a designated bedroom space
- The owner of this villa will consider requests to bring a pet dog (no other pets). Please advise us of the age and breed of your dog, and we will contact the owner on your behalf. The owner reserves the right to refuse the request.
- Complimentary WiFi
- Cot and highchair available on request
- Iron, ironing board, hairdryer
- Simpson Travel pool towels
- Smoking/vaping is not permitted in the villa
- Outside terrace
- Table football
- Table tennis
- Covered pergola poolside with seating and summer kitchen
- 7 sunbeds plus reclining chairs
- Big Green Egg barbecue
- Private heated swimming pool 12m x 5m, hard cover
- Private dining service
- Activities nearby include surfing, cycling, stand-up paddleboard, sailing, golf, horse riding, birdwatching, oyster tasting and water park
- For further information on Terms and Conditions for this property please click here
- All properties with WiFi are able to support basic functionality such as web browsing and checking emails. We aim to offer an uninterrupted service but sometimes, due to factors beyond our control, reliability can be affected.
Villa access times
- Check-in time – 5-7pm
- Check-out time – 10am
- Weekly clean and linen change for stays of two weeks or more
Optional services offered
- Additional cleaning €25/hour
- Babysitting €15/hour
- Surfing lessons (please enquire)
- Bike rental and delivery (please enquire)
- All extra services payable locally
- Prices quoted are subject to change
- Saint-Jean-de-Marsacq (shop, bakery, restaurant) 10 min walk (900m)
- River canoeing 5min drive (4km)
- Supermarket 8 min drive (7km)
- Tennis club 8min drive (7km)
- Hossegor lake beach 22min drive (18km)
- Hossegor (shops, market) 22min drive (18km)
- Hossegor ocean beaches 25min drive (20 km)
Our family had a great time. Communication was clear and prompt. House managers were friendly and helpful.
We had a beautiful holiday at La Chartreuse and loved it all; the house is classic and gorgeous, the salt water pool is stunning, the chickens so fun and friendly and we loved the fabulous beaches nearby. Thank you so much.
Our choice of French properties is diverse, ranging from simple charm to genuine luxury and style. Much of our portfolio is privately owned, and price alone is therefore not a universal guide. We contract all our accommodation in person, and each property has its individual appeal.
To help you make the right choice based on your own priorities, we have devised a simple grading guide to be considered in conjunction with each individual property description, awarding up to a maximum of five stars for the below categories.
* For further clarification on Facilities and Amenities, please view the 'Details' tab for each property or speak to one of our experienced sales consultants.
Once entirely marshland, this region is now a natural playground of sand dunes and beaches, pine forests and picturesque lakes, where walking and cycling are the most pleasurable ways of getting around. An idyllic meeting of France and California with truly spectacular waves and wide-ranging cuisine, upmarket Hossegor thrives on a surfing culture of stylish, laid-back living. However, in authentic Capbreton next door, and many of the towns and villages no more than an hour away, the historical roots go deeper and there’s much to explore.
Visit our collection of handpicked villas in Hossegor and the Landes Coast to complete your luxury holiday on the Aquitaine Coast.
BookingMultiple.mustache file to be converted
View holiday Booking Conditions