In this section...
- Stylish and newly renovated
- 1.5 acres of enclosed gardens
- Summer kitchen
- 13m x 6m swimming pool
- Six-minute bike to the beach
Advance Registration... select your dates and reserve your 2023 holiday online, with a fully refundable deposit of £500.
Minimum 14-night stay... between 30 July and 27 August 2022.
If you’re looking for lots of space to spread out and buckets of seaside chic, stylish Villa Gros Jonc on the edge of Le Bois Plage should be absolutely top of your list. Set in almost 1.5 acres of fully enclosed gardens and surrounded by forest, this is your very own holiday domain, complete with extensive lawns, palm trees and a fabulous 13m by 6m swimming pool. There’s lots of grassy play space for outdoor games, and any budding skateboarders in the family will love the sloping driveway from the gate to the house. The garden is also a fantastic grown-up socialising space, with a wide pool terrace, a shaded dining area for ten and an outdoor kitchen, perfect for laid-back entertaining and sampling some fresh local produce washed down with a chilled Ile de Ré wine.
Villa Gros Jonc was entirely renovated in 2021, and the interiors are beautifully finished in restful summery shades. With five bedrooms (including one in its own annexe for additional privacy) and four bathrooms, there’s ample space here for a group of friends or perhaps two families, and the proximity to Le Bois Plage means it’s easy for everyone to please themselves on the plans for the day. A bike path close to the house will take you to the beach in just six minutes, or you might prefer to explore the renowned daily market, packed with speciality food stalls and all the summer essentials from baguettes to bikinis. The villa is 300m away from the nearest main road, so passing cars may be audible, but we feel that the top quality and unusually generous space of the property more than compensate for any traffic sounds.
The villa is located 2.5km from Le Bois Plage, where you’ll find shops, cafes and restaurants plus a lively daily market in the summer months. The nearest beaches are Le Gouillaud (1.25km), good for body boarding and surfing, and Gros Jonc (1.5km) which offers a wide range of watersports and its own surf school. There are numerous other beaches to choose from within a few kilometres, including some more isolated spots for those who prefer a more natural coastal environment. Cycle paths connect all the island’s main attractions, from beaches to oyster beds and numerous coastal villages, while St Martin de Ré, the island’s diminutive capital and a UNESCO World Heritage site, is a 15-minute ride away.
- 5 bedroom villa (sleeps 2-10)
- Open plan living/dining room/kitchen, open to gardens on both sides; Smart TV with French satellite channels
- Kitchen includes oven, hob, microwave, fridge-freezer, dishwasher
- Double bedroom (180cm bed) with en suite shower, opens onto terrace
- Double bedroom (180cm bed) with en suite shower
- 2 twin bedrooms sharing a Jack-and-Jill shower room
- 2 separate WC
Ground floor annexe
- Spacious independent double bedroom (160cm bed) with en suite shower and WC
- Complimentary WiFi
- Cot and highchair available
- Iron, ironing board, hairdryer, pool and bath towels provided
- Washing machine
- Large, enclosed grounds of approx. 1.5 acres, surrounded by mature forest
- Private swimming pool 13m x 6m with electric cover; heated from May to September
- Summer kitchen with barbecue, sink and a fridge
- Parking for several cars behind the house
- House access is via an unmade road which is unsuitable for low-slung vehicles/sports cars
- Bookings are for a minimum of 14 nights in August
- For further information on Terms and Conditions specific to this French property please click here
- All properties with WiFi are able to support basic functionality such as web browsing and checking emails*
* We aim to offer an uninterrupted service but sometimes due to factors beyond our control reliability can be affected.
Villa access times
- Check-in time – 5.00pm
- Late arrival supplement of €50 for arrivals after 7.00pm (latest arrival time 10.00pm)
- Check-out time – 10.00am
La Rochelle 25min drive (19km)
- Ferry ports
St Malo 345km
- TGV stations
La Rochelle 35min drive (28km)
- Beach Le Gouillaud 6 minute bike ride (1250m)
- Le Bois-Plage village centre (shops, cafes, restaurants) 2.5km
- St Martin de Ré 15min bike ride (4km)
Our choice of French properties is diverse, ranging from simple charm to genuine luxury and style. Much of our portfolio is privately owned, and price alone is therefore not a universal guide. We contract all our accommodation in person, and each property has its individual appeal.
To help you make the right choice based on your own priorities, we have devised a simple grading guide to be considered in conjunction with each individual property description, awarding up to a maximum of five stars for the below categories.
* For further clarification on Facilities and Amenities, please view the 'Details' tab for each property or speak to one of our experienced sales consultants.
Described as the Pearl of the Atlantic, Ile de Ré has long since been on the radar of upmarket Parisians, sailors and sophisticates, famed for the beauty of its contrasting landscapes and the refined elegance of its towns and villages. The island’s ease of access and well-marked cycle trails afford a realistic opportunity for a car-free holiday and with 100km of glorious unspoilt coastline, a micro-climate that makes it one of the sunniest regions in France and a way of life that celebrates nature and conservation, this chic little island is an enchanting destination for beach-lovers, foodies and anyone looking to embrace the great outdoors.
View holiday Booking Conditions