In this section...
- Charming and romantic barn conversion
- Stunning views of the Lot valley
- Scenic rural location
- Surrounded by beautiful countryside in Lot-et-Garonne
Advance Registration... select your dates and reserve your 2023 holiday online, with a fully refundable deposit of £500.
This gorgeous barn conversion would make a wonderfully romantic retreat for a couple or a small family, nestled into unspoilt Lot-et-Garonne countryside with glorious views from the house, the garden and the pool. Seasoned Francophiles know that the Lot-et-Garonne offers all the charm of the neighbouring Dordogne, but with rather fewer visitors, so you’ll find the pace of life altogether gentler in amongst its sunflower fields, fruit orchards and meandering waterways.
Maison de la Combe is one of the smartest restorations we’ve come across, carefully preserving its original features and double-height spaces for maximum impact. The décor is tastefully 21st century, turning the two double bedrooms into elegant modern retreats that would look quite at home in a chic little country hotel. The atmosphere throughout is thoroughly relaxing however: just pull up a sunbed, pour yourself a drink and feast all your senses on the peaceful countryside views. And once you’ve wound down into holiday mode, you can take your time discovering the vineyards, medieval villages and bastide towns that give this region its timeless beauty and character. Your only near neighbours are the owners, who have a house near to Maison de la Combe, but the pool and grounds remain private to our guests.
The local area
The area is rich in natural beauty, and activities on offer including walking, cycling, horse riding, canoeing and fishing. Highlights include Villeneuve sur Lot (27km), a lively town overlooking the Lot River with a pleasant pedestrian shopping area leading to a beautiful square. Pujols (25km) is a charming fortified town classified as one of France’s 'most beautiful villages', while riverside Agen (40km) is a gastronomic centre renowned for its famous prunes. For a longer day out, Bergerac and Bordeaux are 60 and 90 minutes away by car respectively. Wine lovers are spoilt for choice with the celebrated Bordeaux, Duras and Cahors regions all within easy reach.
- 2 bedrooms (sleeps 4)
- Living/dining room
- Fully equipped kitchen with oven, hob, microwave, coffee maker, fridge-freezer, dishwasher
- 2 double bedrooms (160cm beds)
- Playroom with small single bed (suitable for a child)
- Bathroom with bath and WC
- Complimentary WiFi
- Simpson Travel telephone representative
- Washing machine and dryer
- Cot and highchair available on request
- Satellite TV and DVD player
- CD player
- Private swimming pool 6.57m x 4.07m (depth 1.20m), security alarm, ladder
- For further information on Terms and Conditions specific to this French property please click here
- Check in time – 4.00-7.00pm
- Check out time – 10.00am
- All properties with WiFi are able to support basic functionality such as web browsing and checking emails*
* We aim to offer an uninterrupted service but sometimes due to factors beyond our control reliability can be affected.
- Bed linen, bath and pool towels are provided.
- Weekly linen change for stays of two weeks or more.
- End of stay clean included
- Ferry ports
Le Havre 796km
- TGV stations
- Lot-et-Garonne region
- Restaurant (Castelmoron) 10min drive
- Shops (Castelmoron) 10min drive
- Villeneuve-sur-Lot 35min drive
- Agen 50min drive
- Bergerac airport 1hr drive
Tory was extremely helpful and friendly. As Loyalty members we asked for an enhanced welcome pack and she arranged that with the owner. All our contact with her from pre-departure to being on holiday was wonderful.
Mrs Ronaldson – July 2019
Tory kindly recommended some things to do for kids while we were there – super service!
Mr Tipping – July 2019
We could not at any turn fault the service we received from Simpson Travel from the moment we booked to our departure from the villa. Nothing was too much trouble and they tried to help us every step of the way. Tory, our rep, was very helpful and did try to help with queries or questions and got back to us very quickly with answers. We would definitely use Simpson Travel again.
Mrs Emma Wright – July 2019
Excellent property in the middle of nowhere. Ideal for a complete get away from it all holiday.
Mrs A – October 2018
From start to finish the experience of booking and the holiday itself at Villa les Oliviers was 99.9% faultless. The care taken by Simpson Travel to choose the properties they represent is quite obvious. They seem to really care about their client’s enjoyment and go out of their way to ensure things run smoothly. Can't ask for more than that.
Peter Jarvis & Gay Twyman – September 2018
Maison de la Combe is a beautiful converted barn with glorious views across the Lot valley. It had everything we needed for a very comfortable stay. We would highly recommend it.
Mike & Sue Clark – June 2018
Beautiful barn conversion with an amazing view. All looked after with great care by Marie and her family.
Dr Bell – August 2017
Our choice of France properties is diverse, ranging from simple charm to genuine luxury and style. Much of our portfolio is privately owned, and price alone is therefore not a universal guide. We contract all our accommodation in person, and each property has its individual appeal.
To help you make the right choice based on your own priorities, we have devised a simple grading guide to be considered in conjunction with each individual property description, awarding up to a maximum of five stars for the below categories.
* For further clarification on Facilities, please view the 'Details' tab for each property or speak to one of our experienced sales consultants.
From the Dordogne’s forest-covered hillsides to the undulating countryside of Lot-et-Garonne, these fertile landscapes have long played their part in human history – the famous Lascaux cave paintings testify to that. For a taste of spectacular coastline on your holiday, head to Charente-Maritime or find a lakeside beach that’s perfect for a picnic – this region is known for its abundant food and excellent wines. Choose a restaurant in an ancient village square and enjoy the sense of history repeated.
And for a place to stay in Dordogne and the South West, explore our collection of luxury villas.
View holiday Booking Conditions