In this section...
- Smart contemporary interiors
- Heated swimming pool
- Walled garden
- Summer kitchen
- Separate guest annexe
- Central La Flotte location
- Beach, shops and restaurants short walk
Bright and beautiful as a day at the beach, this stylish villa invites you to kick off your shoes, pour a glass of something cold and relax into the laid-back seaside vibe that makes Ile de Ré so utterly irresistible. With six bedrooms and some 300m2 of living space, it’s perfect for a family gathering, complete with a separate one-bedroom annexe for anyone who needs their own space from time to time. The bedrooms in the main house are split over two floors; upstairs is ideal teen territory, with a three bedrooms and a TV lounge with billiards table. The ground floor has the master, a further twin and a large living/dining room which opens directly onto the terrace and pool area.
Like many Ré villas, this house has its own traditional stone-walled garden, attractively landscaped and fully enclosed. It’s tailor made for outdoor living, with a heated pool so you can swim all season long, and shade sails on the dining terrace to protect you from the midday rays. A summer kitchen makes it easy to cater for a crowd, but if you prefer to eat out, you can stroll to La Flotte’s many harbour-side restaurants and cafes in around five minutes. The beach is equally close by, which means a little bit of precious independence for teenagers and a hassle-free experience for those with younger children and all the paraphernalia that can entail! Whatever the make up of your party, we’re confident you’ll feel delightfully at home in Villa des Châteliers.
La Flotte is one of the larger settlements on Ré, both delightfully seaside-y and quietly chic, and one of France’s ‘most beautiful villages’. The picturesque harbour and market are the social centre of the village, and this is the place to come for daily food shopping and local specialities. Your nearest beach is Plage de L’Arnérault, a four-minute walk. When you feel like exploring, cycle paths take you further afield to the island capital – Saint-Martin-de-Ré (15 mins by bike) – and the south side of the island, where you’ll find the best beaches (20 mins by bike). Saint Martin offers a little insight into the island's past, with an impressive Vauban fortifications and an absorbing art and history museum. The little capital also has wonderful places to eat, whether it’s just a quick café au lait and croissant while you rest your cycling legs or a luxuriously long lunch with Ile de Ré white wine and the freshest local seafood.
- 6 bedroom villa (sleeps 2-12)
Lower ground floor
- Fitness room with sauna, TV and elliptical bike
- Laundry room with washing machine and dryer
- Kitchen equipped with dishwasher, fridge-freezer, microwave, oven, hob, coffee-maker, wine fridge, Nespresso machine and island with bar stools. Leads to intimate patio area.
- Living room with large corner sofa; open directly to pool and terrace
- Air-conditioned double bedroom (180cm bed) with dressing area, TV and en-suite bath & shower room with WC. Opens to garden.
- Twin bedroom (2 x 90cm beds) with TV and en-suite shower room
- Double bedroom (160cm bed)
- Double bedroom (140cm bed)
- Double bedroom (140cm bed)
- Shower room with WC
- TV room with pool table & TV
- Living room and kitchen
- Double bedroom (140cm bed) with en-suite shower room with WC
- Simpson Travel telephone representative
- Complimentary WiFi
- On-site car parking: garage with space for 1 car, open parking space in garden and EV charging point. Parking lot for additional cars within 1-minute walk
- Iron, ironing board, hairdryer, pool and bath towels provided
- Weekly cleaning & linen change
- Private heated swimming pool (7m - 3m) with Roman steps at one end. Protected by electric shutter.
- Gas plancha barbecue
- Outdoor kitchen with hob, fridge and grill
- Outdoor shaded dining
For further information on Terms and Conditions for this property please click here
- All properties with WiFi are able to support basic functionality such as web browsing and checking emails*
* We aim to offer an uninterrupted service but sometimes due to factors beyond our control reliability can be affected.
La Rochelle 17min drive
- TGV stations
La Rochelle 35min drive
- Plage l'Arnerault, 4min walk
- La Flotte village (restaurant, basic shops, bike hire) 6min walk
- Supermarket 4min drive
Our choice of French properties is diverse, ranging from simple charm to genuine luxury and style. Much of our portfolio is privately owned, and price alone is therefore not a universal guide. We contract all our accommodation in person, and each property has its individual appeal.
To help you make the right choice based on your own priorities, we have devised a simple grading guide to be considered in conjunction with each individual property description, awarding up to a maximum of five stars for the below categories.
* For further clarification on Facilities and Amenities, please view the 'Details' tab for each property or speak to one of our experienced sales consultants.
Described as the Pearl of the Atlantic, Ile de Ré has long since been on the radar of upmarket Parisians, sailors and sophisticates, famed for the beauty of its contrasting landscapes and the refined elegance of its towns and villages. The island’s ease of access and well-marked cycle trails afford a realistic opportunity for a car-free holiday and with 100km of glorious unspoilt coastline, a micro-climate that makes it one of the sunniest regions in France and a way of life that celebrates nature and conservation, this chic little island is an enchanting destination for beach-lovers, foodies and anyone looking to embrace the great outdoors.
Explore our collection of villas in Ile de Ré and discover why everyone’s talking about the Pearl of the Atlantic.
View holiday Booking Conditions