In this section...
- Contemporary cottage
- Beautifully refurbished
- Private courtyard
- Set in the heart of La Flotte
- Short walk to shops and restaurants
- Car not essential
One of the absolute joys of the Ile de Ré is being able to go car-free a lot of the time: less stress, more steps and the chance to fully relax into the easy rhythm of summer by the sea.
Newly refurbished (2023), this delightful, terraced cottage in the heart of La Flotte is just 200m from the port and 500m from the beach, a convenient and rather romantic bolt hole for a couple or a small family. The house has been immaculately restored by its French owners to include two stylish bedrooms and a private courtyard with both comfy seating and a dining table for four; it’s an idyllic place to ease yourself into the day with coffee and a buttery croissant or sun-ripened fruit from La Flotte’s famous covered market.
Clos Fleuri is located on a narrow, quiet side street. If you arrive by car, there is public parking about 350m away (weekly passes are available) and the cottage has its own dedicated bike storage room. Sweet, stylish and enviably central, the cottage comes highly recommended for those looking for the real Ré experience, with the added benefit of plenty of little shops, bars and restaurants virtually on your doorstep.
La Flotte very much deserves its official status as one of the ‘most beautiful villages in France’ and has a certain cachet that comes with it. The harbour is just a few minutes’ stroll from the cottage and is the social heart of the village. Here you’ll also find all your daily essentials, the market, a few speciality shops and plenty of places to wine and dine. From this perfect spot the whole island is your oyster – and if you’re a fan of that particular delicacy, a visit to one of the oyster beds in the northwest of the island is a great morning out by bike. Your nearest seaside is the Plage de L’Arnérault, a 10-minute walk, and a little pedal power will take you to the string of beaches on the south of the island in 20 or 30 minutes.
- 2 bedroom house (sleeps 2-4)
- Open plan kitchen/dining/living area with Smart TV; access to terrace
- Kitchen includes dishwasher, washing machine, fridge-freezer, microwave, oven, hob and coffee maker
- Bike storage room accessed from exterior
- Double bedroom (160cm bed)
- Twin bedroom (90cm beds, can be converted into a double on request)
- Shower room
- Simpson Travel telephone representative
- Complimentary WiFi
- Iron, ironing board and hairdryer provided
- Simpson pool/beach towels provided
- Outdoor sofa, chair and coffee table with shade
- Electric plancha barbecue
- The property has no private parking spot, however there is some free street parking, or weekly passes are available for around 45 - 50 Euros, depending on the car park.
- All properties with WiFi are able to support basic functionality such as web browsing and checking emails*
* We aim to offer an uninterrupted service but sometimes due to factors beyond our control reliability can be affected.
- Check-in time – 4.00-7.00pm
- Check-out time – 9.45am
- Weekly clean and linen change
La Rochelle 20min drive
Nantes 2hr drive
Bordeaux 2hr 15min drive
- TGV stations
La Rochelle 35min drive
- Plage de l'Arnerault beach (La Flotte) 10min walk
- Restaurant 3min walk
- Basic shops 2min walk
- Supermarket 4min drive/11min walk
- Bike hire (La Flotte) 2min walk
Our choice of France properties is diverse, ranging from simple charm to genuine luxury and style. Much of our portfolio is privately owned, and price alone is therefore not a universal guide. We contract all our accommodation in person, and each property has its individual appeal.
To help you make the right choice based on your own priorities, we have devised a simple grading guide to be considered in conjunction with each individual property description, awarding up to a maximum of five stars for the below categories.
* For further clarification on Facilities, please view the 'Details' tab for each property or speak to one of our experienced sales consultants.
Described as the Pearl of the Atlantic, Ile de Ré has long since been on the radar of upmarket Parisians, sailors and sophisticates, famed for the beauty of its contrasting landscapes and the refined elegance of its towns and villages. The island’s ease of access and well-marked cycle trails afford a realistic opportunity for a car-free holiday and with 100km of glorious unspoilt coastline, a micro-climate that makes it one of the sunniest regions in France and a way of life that celebrates nature and conservation, this chic little island is an enchanting destination for beach-lovers, foodies and anyone looking to embrace the great outdoors.
Explore our collection of villas in Ile de Ré and discover why everyone’s talking about the Pearl of the Atlantic.
View holiday Booking Conditions