In this section...
- Stylish and contemporary villa
- Pool heating available
- Views across to Calvi Citadel and the coast
- Calvi 30min walk
2024 Holidays... 2023 Prices
Our 2024 holidays are now priced online and with our early bird promise, you can enjoy December 2022 prices when you book by 31 December 2023. View Price Freeze Terms & Conditions here.
Perched on a hillside with far-reaching views over northern Corsica’s maquis-clad slopes to the infinite blue of Calvi Bay, impressive Villa Sopra is ideal for a large group or two families travelling together. The generous open-plan layout offers contemporary and comfortable interiors with an appealing sense of light and space, further enhanced by giant picture windows and an expansive pool terrace accessed from the main living area. There’s also an en-suite double bedroom on this level, whilst a further three stylishly appointed bedrooms lead out onto a second terrace on the lower level. The uppermost level is home to a charming master suite with its own balcony; a delightfully sunny spot to stretch out and enjoy the magnificent views of the coast.
It is rare to find such a luxurious property within walking distance of Calvi and its sweeping golden beach but a 30-minute stroll, or 5-minute drive, puts you at the heart of the action. Neighbouring Villa Sottu enjoys the same privileged position and beautiful views over Calvi’s historic Citadel and the sea; particularly magical at dusk, as the sun drops behind the rosy-gold peaks of the Balagne and the lights of Calvi announce that it’s time for a glass of something chilled and refreshing.
Whether you choose to rent the villas together for the ultimate house party or separately for a more modest Corsican affair, you are perfectly placed to enjoy the beauty, history, culture and gourmet delights of this spectacular region.
- 5 bedroom villa (sleeps 2-10)
- Open-plan living/dining/kitchen area with doors to pool terrace
- Kitchen includes hob, oven, fridge, freezer, microwave, two dishwashers and coffee machine
- Double bedroom (160 x 200cm bed) with doors to pool terrace and en-suite shower room/WC
- Additional WC
- Double bedroom (160 x 200cm bed) with doors to lower terrace and en-suite shower room/WC
- Double bedroom (160 x 200cm bed) with doors to lower terrace
- Bunk bedroom with doors to lower terrace (lower bunk 120 x 190cm, upper bunk 90 x 190cm)
- Shower room
Upper level (accessed via external staircase)
- Double bedroom (160 x 200cm bed) with en-suite shower room/WC and dressing room leading onto balcony
- Complimentary WiFi
- Air-conditioned throughout
- Iron, ironing board, pool and bath towels provided
- Utility room with washing machine and tumble dryer
- Table tennis, table football
- Private swimming pool 8m x 4m (depth 1.3m) with electric cover, ladder access
- Pool can be heated outside of July and August at a charge of £170 per week
- Private chef available on request (payable locally)
- Mid-week cleaning available at a supplement of £120
- Mid-week linen and towel change available at a supplement of £250
- Please note, a deposit of 30% of the villa price is required at the time of booking (plus full cost of flights for package holidays)
- All properties with WiFi are able to support basic functionality such as web browsing and checking emails. We aim to offer an uninterrupted service but sometimes due to factors beyond our control reliability can be affected.
- Check-in time – 5pm
- Check-out time – 10am
- Calvi town/beach 20min walk or 5min drive
- Calvi airport 10min drive
- Bastia airport 1hr 45min drive
Based on the number of people travelling, the following hire car(s) are included in the package price of your holiday:
- 2 guests – 1 Group B, Ford Fiesta or similar*
- 3 guests – 1 Group C, Seat Leon or similar*
- 4-5 guests – 1 Group D, Seat Arona or similar*
- 6 guests – 2 Group C, Seat Leon or similar*
- 7 guests – 1 Group C, Seat Leon, and 1 Group D, Seat Arona, or similar*
- 8-10 guests – 2 Group D, Seat Arona or similar*
* All our cars include comprehensive insurance with no excess charge. For this particular destination, the undercarriage are not included in the cover.
Group B – 4 seats, 1 large and 1 small suitcase*
Group C – 5 seats, 2 large and 1 small suitcase*
Group D – 5 seats, 3 large suitcases*
The following cars are available as alternatives on request (supplements apply). Please call our travel specialists for details.
Group F – Ford Mondeo or similar, 5 seats, 3 large suitcases*
Group H – Jeep Compass or similar, 5 seats, 3 large suitcase*
Group N – Toyota Proace – 9 seats, 1 large and 1 small suitcases*
Group O – Peugeot 5008 or similar, 5+2 seats, 2 large and 2 small suitcases*
Group E – Automatic Peugeot 3008 or similar, 5 seats, 3 large suitcases*
* Suitcase sizes are based on a large suitcase being approximately 75cm x 41cm x 31cm, a medium suitcase of approximately 65cm x 46cm x 29cm and a small suitcase of 55cm x 40cm x 20cm.
Categories B, C, D, F, H, M & O can be automatic or manual, we are able to request a specific transmission but this is not guaranteed.
The only car with guaranteed Automatic transmission is Group E
If you book a Group D, F and H please note Avis can give you any car within these groups subject to availability, no specific car can be guaranteed.
The views, the space, the light, the spec... loved absolutely everything about this house. What surprised us most was how peaceful it was, almost hypnotically silent at night and therefore so restful. Debbie the concierge was outstanding - we arrived in the middle of the night due to a very delayed ferry (storms!) but she insisted on coming to meet us with the keys and explain how everything worked. In this age of apps you sometimes feel that the role of the rep is redundant, and as regular travellers we felt that we'd never need her service. However she proved herself invaluable, and I did feel sorry for all our fellow ferry passengers going off into the night without a Debbie to look out for them! A superb experience all round, thank you.
Our choice of Corsican properties is as diverse as the island itself, ranging from simple seaside charm to genuine luxury and style. Much of our portfolio is privately owned, and price alone is therefore not a universal guide. We contract all our accommodation in person, and each property has its individual appeal. To help you make the right choice based on your own priorities, we have devised a simple grading guide to be considered in conjunction with each individual property description, awarding up to a maximum of five stars for the below categories.
* For further clarification on Facilities and Amenities, please view the 'Details' tab for each property or speak to one of our experienced sales consultants.
With fishermen mending their nets by the harbour, Calvi’s maritime heritage remains intact. However, the town has gained a new lease of life in the cafés and bars along Quai Landry, linking the marina and the port, with stretches of beach beyond.
Inland, the unspoilt beauty of The Balagne tells a different story of mountain wildernesses and the island's unspoilt and uniquely fragrant maquis. Follow the Route des Artisans through terracotta-tiled hilltop villages, overlooking a landscape of forests and mountains, and you’ll also find that an excellent glass of local wine is never far away.
BookingMultiple.mustache file to be converted
View holiday Booking Conditions