In this section...
- Tastefully renovated
- Set in traditional Üzümlü
- Romantic retreat
- Wonderfully private
- 15min walk to Üzümlü and restaurants
If walls could talk then this charming Simpson Secret would whisper stories stretching back to the turbulent years of the late Ottoman Empire. There’s been a building on this site for centuries, and it’s been in the family of the current owner Bayram Tufekci for over a hundred years. In times past the house was a waypoint for travellers from the Taurus Mountains bringing their goods and livestock to market down at the coast at Kalamaki, or Kalkan as we know it today.
Nowadays there’s still a welcoming sense of refuge about the cottage, which has been beautifully renovated keeping as much of the original building material as possible. Drawing on his experience as owner of popular Villa Sezim, Bayram has created a top-notch retreat for two, blending Ottoman-inspired elements with modern comforts such as an outdoor Jacuzzi and a traditional köşk in the private garden. Upstairs, the bedroom is fit for the noble rank of Pasha, with a carved ‘floating’ bed and the warm patina of natural wood creating a cosy and romantic atmosphere. Equally romantic are the sunsets over Patara beach in the distance, best enjoyed with a cold drink on the balcony before the stroll into Üzümlü for dinner.
Üzümlü is a thriving Turkish village and a favourite summer retreat thanks to its elevated position which makes it a degree or two cooler in the hottest months. There are several shops for daily food provisions, and a good selection of local restaurants. Nearby Islamlar is renowned for its fresh trout, and you don’t have to drive very much further to find yourself deep in the Taurus mountains and a world where low-key tourism works sustainably alongside traditional farming. With your own pool to enjoy and restaurants within walking distance you might not stray from this pretty hideaway for a whole week, but if you feel like a change of pace, Kalkan’s shops, cafes, restaurants and beach clubs are just a 15-minute drive away.
Explore our pre-bookable experiences in Islamlar & Üzümlü
- 1 bedroom villa (sleeps 1-2)
- Open-plan living/dining/kitchen area with Smart TV, Bluetooth speaker, leads to terrace and garden
- Kitchen includes dishwasher, washing machine, fridge-freezer, oven, full hob and coffee maker
- Double bedroom (180cm bed) with en-suite shower room; leads to balcony
- Sauna accessed via the balcony
- Jacuzzi on balcony
- Complimentary WiFi
- Air-conditioned throughout
- Iron, ironing board, hairdryer and bath towels provided
- Twice weekly cleaning and linen change
- Open car parking
- Standard charcoal barbecue
- Washing machine
- Private chlorine heated swimming pool 7.90m x 3m (1.40m - 1.50m depth)
- Pool heated for May and October departures
- Please note there is a steep interior staircase with no banister on the first 5 steps
- All properties with WiFi are able to support basic functionality such as web browsing and checking emails*
* We aim to offer an uninterrupted service but sometimes due to factors beyond our control reliability can be affected.
From 2 March 2020, British nationals travelling to Turkey for tourism or business purposes will no longer need a visa for visits of up to 90 days within any 180-day period.
- Village restaurants (Islamlar) 15min walk downhill
- Kalkan (shops/restaurants/beach clubs)15min drive
- Patara beach 25min drive
- Dalaman airport 1hr 45min drive
Based on the number of people travelling, the following hire car(s) are included in the package price of your holiday:
- 2 guests – 1 Group B, Fiat Egea or similar*
* All our cars include full comprehensive insurance with zero excess. For this particular destination, the undercarriage, tyres and windscreen are included in the cover.
Group B – 1.3 litre petrol engine, 2 large and 2 medium suitcases*
The following cars are available as alternatives on request (supplements apply). Please call our travel specialists for details.
Group D – Dacia Duster or similar, 1.5 litre diesel engine, 3 large and 2 medium suitcases*
Group F – Automatic Fiat Egea or similar, 1.6 litre petrol engine, 2 large and 2 medium suitcases*
Group A – Automatic Ford Kuga SUV or similar, 1.6 litre diesel engine, 3 large and 1 medium suitcases*
Group C – Automatic Citroen C4 SUV or similar, 1.5 litre diesel engine, 2 large and 1 medium suitcases
*Suitcase sizes are based on a large suitcase being approximately 75cm x 45cm x 23cm and a medium suitcase of approximately 60cm x 40cm x 23cm.
* For further clarification on Facilities and Amenities, please view the 'Details' tab for each property or speak to one of our experienced sales consultants.
A pretty mountain village just above Kalkan Bay, Islamlar is a place of bucolic tranquillity and rustic architecture set against the dramatic backdrop of the Taurus Mountains. In the heart of Islamlar you will still find a truly traditional way of life, unchanged throughout the centuries: an old tea house, a bakery where flour is still ground by millstones and shepherds herding their sheep among the olive trees.
Nearby is Islamlar’s even sleepier neighbour, Üzümlü. This traditional village is wonderfully unspoilt – a place where you can fully immerse yourself in the every-day comings and goings of rural Turkey.
But should you wish to experience a more cosmopolitan expression of Turkish hospitality, Kalkan with its beach clubs, vibrant waterfront bars and rooftop restaurants, is just a short drive away, giving you the best of all worlds.
To complete the picture, visit our handpicked selection of lovely villas in Islamlar & Üzümlü.
Explore our pre-bookable experiences in Islamlar & Üzümlü
BookingMultiple.mustache file to be converted
View holiday Booking Conditions