In this section...
- 300m2 historic conversion
- Elegant and tasteful
- Superb mountain views
- Walking distance to Búger
We love a house with history, especially when it comes with a sprinkling of contemporary luxury too. Nestled into a private country estate, these former farm buildings and olive mill date back to the 15th century. So tranquil is this spot that you could close your eyes and imagine yourself transported back hundreds of years, but step inside El Refugio and you find yourself in an elegant and tastefully renovated 21st century holiday home covering 300m2.
El Refugio is located a 15 to 20-minute walk from Búger, one of our favourite villages in the north of the island. The old agricultural buildings have been sympathetically reinvented as a very spacious five-bedroom retreat; some of the bedrooms have their own sitting room, one has a private terrace and all have luxury hotel-style bathrooms. The quality is high but the look is pared-back simplicity, creating a relaxing atmosphere that respects the original architecture of the estate.
Outside you’ll find a large free-form swimming pool, with gently shelving access to mimic the gorgeous beaches that are not far away. There’s also a sun deck with views across to the Tramuntana mountains, plus a barbecue terrace for laid-back summer dining beneath the stars. If you prefer to eat out, there are a couple of simple local restaurants in nearby Búger, with a wider choice in Sa Pobla which claims some of the best restaurants on the island. A stay here is chance to experience a more authentic part of the island that many never see, yet still be within easy reach of the beach at Puerto Pollença or Playa de Muro when you want to up the pace a little.
El Refugio is one of three individual properties (the others being Casa Piedra and El Cortijo) on a private country estate close to Búger. Each is fully independent from the others, though they may be booked together to accommodate a large group.
Explore our pre-bookable experiences in Pollença & Puerto Pollença
- 5 bedroom villa (sleeps 5-10)
- Open plan living/dining room with Smart TV (limited English-speaking channels); leads to terrace and back garden
- Kitchen/dining room includes oven, hob, microwave, fridge-freezer, dishwasher, coffee maker; leads to terrace
- Twin bedroom (90cm beds) with en-suite bath and shower room; includes lounge area
- Courtyard with laundry room and washing machine
- Double bedroom (150cm bed) with en-suite shower room; leads to terrace
- Twin bedroom (90cm beds) with en-suite shower room; includes reading area with bookcase
- Twin bedroom (90cm beds) with en-suite shower room
- Twin bedroom (90cm beds) with en-suite shower room; includes lounge area
- Complimentary WiFi
- Air-conditioned throughout
- Iron, ironing board, hairdryer, pool and bath towels provided
- Mid week towel change and bathroom clean
- Outdoor dining with shade and outdoor kitchen with pizza oven, hob and sink
- Charcoal barbeque
- Private large free-form chlorine swimming pool (0.5cm - 1.90cm depth)
- Pool can be fenced on request at no extra charge - pre-booking essential
- 10 pool loungers
- Private catering can be arranged through My Chef Catering
- Deposit of 30% of the total package price is required to book this holiday
Simpson family extras
- Complimentary infant pack (includes cot/travel cot, bed guard, highchair, baby-gate, bottle steriliser, baby bath, non-slip bath mat, potty)
- Nappies and Babywipes – order at least 7 days prior to departure for delivery to your villa before you arrive
- Car seats and booster seats can be provided at a supplement, subject to availability
- Family favourite range of toys and games, suitable for ages 5-11
- To pre-book any of the above please call 020 8392 5747
- Private nanny service offering babysitting and full or half-day childcare packages. Please ask one of our Destination Specialists for details or visit Jelly and Ice-Cream.
- All properties with WiFi are able to support basic functionality such as web browsing and checking emails*
* We aim to offer an uninterrupted service but sometimes due to factors beyond our control reliability can be affected.
Villa access times
- Check-in time – 4.00pm
- Check-out time – 10.00am
- Restaurants/taverna/basic shops/supermarket (Búger) 5min drive
- Beach (Playa de Muro) 25min drive
- Boat and bike hire (Puerto de Pollença / Alcudia) 25/30min drive
- Airport (Palma de Mallorca) 40min drive
Based on the number of people travelling, the following hire car(s) are included in the package price of your holiday:
- 5 guests – 1 Group C3, Peugeot 308 or similar*
- 6 guests – 2 Group B5, Citroën C3 or similar*
- 7 guests – 1 Group B5, Citroën C3, and 1 Group C3, Peugeot 308, or similar*
- 8 guests – 2 Group C3, Peugeot 308 or similar*
* All our cars include comprehensive insurance with no excess charge. For details of exclusions please view our Mallorca Booking conditions here.
Group B5 – 1.2 litre engine, 2 large suitcases*
Group C3 – 1.4 litre engine, 3 large suitcases*
The following cars are available as alternatives on request (supplements apply). Please call our travel specialists for details.
Group E3, Citroën C4 Automatic or similar, 1.2 litre engine, 1 large and 2 medium suitcases*
Group P1, Peugeot 5008 (can be a 7 seater 5+2) or similar, 1.6 litre engine, 4 large and 1 small suitcase (less luggage space when being used as a 7 seater)*
Group P6, Ford Transit 9 seater or similar, 1.6 litre engine, 5 large suitcases*
* Suitcase sizes are based on a large suitcase being approximately 75cm x 41cm x 31cm, a medium suitcase of approximately 65cm x 46cm x 29cm and a small suitcase of 55cm x 40cm x 20cm.
Our choice of Mallorquín properties is as diverse as the island itself, ranging from simple seaside charm to comfortable and stylish. Much of our portfolio is privately owned, and price alone is therefore not a universal guide. We contract all our accommodation in person, and each property has its individual appeal.
To help you make the right choice based on your own priorities, we have devised a simple grading guide to be considered in conjunction with each individual property description, awarding up to a maximum of five stars for the below categories.
* For further clarification on Facilities and Amenities, please view the 'Details' tab for each property or speak to one of our experienced sales consultants.
For centuries an inspiration for writers and painters, Pollença continues to capture the imagination and makes the perfect Mallorca holiday destination. The town square, with its array of bars and restaurants, is at the heart of town, while the Calvari Chapel at the top of the famous 365 steps offers stunning panoramic views. Just 7km from the town is Puerto Pollença whose sandy beach boasts crystal clear waters, watersports and the much-loved seafront Pine Walk, perfect for a pre-or post-dinner stroll.
To complete the picture of your luxury holiday in Pollença and Puerto Pollença, we offer a selection of handpicked villas and a delightful agroturisme hotel, an inspiring blend of old and new for families and couples alike.
Explore our pre-bookable experiences in Pollença & Puerto Pollença
BookingMultiple.mustache file to be converted
View holiday Booking Conditions