In this section...
- Charming renovated villa
- Stylish interiors
- 20min walk to central Florence
- Flexible stays available
Advance Registration... select your dates and reserve your 2023 holiday online, with a fully refundable deposit of £500.
Set in one of the most prestigious residential areas of Florence, Le Guardie was once part of the estate that guarded this popular approach to the city. Now beautifully renovated, the architect has blended renaissance style with 70’s influences to joyous effect, with all the contemporary comforts of the modern era and a wealth of character to guarantee a memorable stay.
But Le Guardie’s situation, within walking distance of central Florence, is its real selling point. The most artistically rich city in the world is on the doorstep and one of the finest views across it, from Piazzale Michelangelo, is just a 15-minute stroll away.
Whether you’re looking to savour the city’s myriad attractions slowly over the course of a week, or want to add a 3-night city break onto your Tuscan villa holiday, Le Guardie is perfectly placed for exploration and promises plenty of relaxation after a day out discovering its treasures.
In addition to the marvels of art and architecture, Florence is also a city of good living, promising a mouth-watering array of world-class restaurants, seriously sophisticated bars, and enough high-end retail opportunities to satisfy even the most dedicated shopaholic. The quality of Florentine jewellery, leatherwork and fashion is almost as legendary as Michelangelo’s David - though it goes without saying, nothing can ever compare to its shimmering beauty.
Visit the Uffizi, where Botticelli’s superlative Primavera and Birth of Venus are just two of the hundreds of masterpieces on display, or lose yourself amongst the maze of streets and admire the displays of colourful fruit and vegetables, cheeses and salamis - works of art in themselves and best savoured with a generous glass of Tuscan wine.
However you choose to spend your days, Le Guardie affords its guests a chance to experience city life as the Florentines do and, for a short while at least, live at the beating heart of one of the world’s most celebrated and beautiful cities.
Good to know... short stays of 3 nights or more are available at Le Guardie; please call for prices.
Explore our pre-bookable experiences in Tuscany
- Single storey 1 bedroom villa (sleeps 2)
- Entrance to large open-plan sitting/dining room with smart TV
- Kitchen with gas hob, oven, fridge-freezer, dishwasher and Nespresso machine
- Double bedroom with en-suite shower room
- Shower room
- Complimentary WiFi
- Iron, ironing board, hairdryer
- Simpson Travel pool towels
- Bluetooth speaker
- Gazebo for outdoor dining
- Washing machine
- Outdoor hot tub
- In Italy, a daily tourist tax applies for the first week of your stay only, which means that an average of €4 per person (12+ years) may be charged. This should be paid in cash to your villa or hotel owner during your stay.
Please note: Le Guardie's superb location close to central Florence means that there is some road noise audible in the garden.
- All properties with WiFi are able to support basic functionality such as web browsing and checking emails. We aim to offer an uninterrupted service but sometimes due to factors beyond our control reliability can be affected.
- Check in time – 4pm
- Check out time – 10am
- Bus stop serving central Florence 2min walk
- Piazzale Michelangelo 15min walk
- Central Florence 20min walk
- Ponte Vecchio 25min walk
- Florence airport 20min drive
- Pisa airport 1hr drive
This property is priced on an accommodation-only basis. To view details of recommended flights please click here.
We are happy to arrange your car hire in Italy; please click here to view options and prices. All hire cars booked with us include:
- Fully inclusive insurance, with zero excess*
- Free additional driver
When you book your car with us, we'll also make sure the paperwork is done in advance, leaving you free to simply check and sign for the vehicle when you arrive. For further information regarding travel arrangements click here.
* For this particular destination, the undercarriage is not included in the cover.
Our choice of Italian properties is diverse, ranging from simple charm to genuine luxury and style. Much of our portfolio is privately owned, and price alone is therefore not a universal guide. We contract all our accommodation in person, and each property has its individual appeal.
To help you make the right choice based on your own priorities, we have devised a simple grading guide to be considered in conjunction with each individual property description, awarding up to a maximum of five stars for the below categories.
* For further clarification on Facilities and Amenities, please view the 'Details' tab for each property or speak to one of our experienced sales consultants.
From the moment you arrive in Tuscany, you are invited to share in its grand passions and indulgent pleasures – world-famous wine, mouth-watering food and epic histories. Each of Tuscany’s ten provinces has its own unique personality, but wherever you stay, you’ll find yourself surrounded by a verdant patchwork of olive groves, cypress trees and vineyards. From the birthplace of the Renaissance, Florence, to the narrow streets of hilltop San Gimignano, Tuscany makes for a stunning escape.
Explore our pre-bookable experiences in Tuscany
View holiday Booking Conditions