In this section...
- Beautifully restored Mas
- Wonderful views of the Luberon
- Private heated pool
- Private tennis court
2024 Holidays... 2023 Prices
Our 2024 holidays are now priced online and with our early bird promise, you can enjoy December 2022 prices when you book by 31 December 2023. View Price Freeze Terms & Conditions here.
The location of Mas de Lavandes, just a few kilometres from sought-after Gordes, is reason enough to want to stay here, but this seductively lovely restoration has a host of other attractions up its very elegant sleeve.
Set in extensive, partly-landscaped grounds filled with lavender bushes and olive trees, the Mas enjoys a delightful location and wonderful views of the Luberon countryside. The interiors have an enviable, magazine-worthy gloss, mixing local antiques with country-style furnishings for a polished yet welcoming feel. It’s an ideal venue for friends or a family holiday, with a separate, two-bedroom annexe offering flexible accommodation for teenagers or anyone else who’d appreciate extra privacy. And of course, all the comforts of a contemporary holiday home are provided, including a private tennis court and heated pool. Here you’ll also find the pool house, complete with shower, barbecue and a summer kitchen where you can escape the midday heat at lunchtime, or relax over something ice cold in the soft, pink glow of evening.
Please note: there is a small drop at the back of the pool, so care is needed, especially with young children
The local area
Nearby Gordes is both an exceptionally pretty village and an important cultural centre, hosting museums, a festival, concerts and numerous exhibitions throughout the summer. You can walk to Gordes in around 50 minutes, or take the car and tour the many other iconic Luberon villages in the area, including Bonnieux, Roussillon and Lacoste for a visit to the Château of the Marquis de Sade. The antique shops of Isle-sur-la-Sorgue are under 30 minutes by car, and it’s less than an hour to Avignon. And if your children have patiently accompanied you round the many wonderful galleries, shops, museums and markets, you can always reward them with a visit to the magical Haribo sweet factory at Uzès (70km) as a special treat.
The Luberon mountains in central Provence is an area of charming hilltop villages, especially along the verdant northern slopes overlooking colourful plains of olive groves, cherry orchards, and pastureland. Roussillon, built in the local ochre stone, commands views as far as Mont Ventoux. Ménerbes has a colourful history and was home to Picasso and de Stael. The dramatic site occupied by Oppède-le-Vieux lay abandoned for years; the village has come back to life but still retains a haunting sense of vanished past.
Please note... This property is not included in our early bird price freeze promise.
Explore our pre-bookable experiences in Provence
- 7 bedroom house (sleeps 12)
- Living/dining room
- Kitchen with hob, oven, coffee maker, fridge, freezer, dishwasher, opens onto courtyard with door to self-contained wing
- Double air-conditioned bedroom (160cm bed) with en-suite bathroom, sofa bed
- Twin/double bedroom (2 x 90cm beds or 1 x 180cm) with en-suite bathroom, leads out to patio
- Shower room with WC
- Small air-conditioned single bedroom (90cm bed) on the mezzanine level
- Double air-conditioned bedroom (180cm bed, can be converted into twin beds on request) with en-suite shower room, private terrace
- Double air-conditioned bedroom (160cm bed)
- Shower room
- Double bedroom (180cm bed, can be converted into twin beds on request) with en-suite shower room with WC
- Mezzanine level double bed (160cm bed)
- Air-conditioned throughout
- Complimentary WiFi
- Simpson Travel telephone representative
- Washing machine and dryer
- Pool towels provided
- 2 cots (linen supplied on request) and highchair
- Telephone and fax
- Satellite TV, video, CD player
- 2 iPod docks
- Air-conditioning (4 bedrooms in main house, and throughout in guest cottage)
- Heating (on a meter €200-500 per week)
- Table tennis
- Tennis court (tennis balls and rackets provided)
- Boules court
- Shower and WC by pool
- Summer kitchen
- Private swimming pool 12m x 7m (depth 1m – 2.5m), security alarm, can be fenced off (on request for €90 per week), Roman steps, open mid-May to mid-October, pool can be heated (€200 per week)
- For further information on Terms and Conditions for this property please click here
- All properties with WiFi are able to support basic functionality such as web browsing and checking emails*
* We aim to offer an uninterrupted service but sometimes due to factors beyond our control reliability can be affected.
- Weekly linen change for bookings of two weeks or more
- Cleaning 4 hours/week included on Wednesdays
- Additional cleaning €15/hour (2.5 hours minimum)
- All services payable locally
- Prices quoted are subject to change
- Check-in time – 4.00-7.00pm
- Check-out time – 10.00am
TGV stationsAvignon 34km
- Cabrières-d'Avignon 2km – basic shops and services
- Restaurant (Les Imberts) 3km
- Coustellet 4km – basic shops and services, bakery, deli, supermarket, market Sundays
- Gordes 7km – a larger selection of shops and services, market Tuesdays
- Cavaillon 14km – ancient cathedral, market Mondays
- L’Isle-sur-la-Sorgue 15km – nearest large supermarket, intricate waterways, Thursdays and Sundays for the famous antique market
- Bonnieux 16km – market Fridays
- Apt 22km – market Saturdays
- Cadenet 30km
- St-Rémy-de-Provence 35km – market Wednesdays
- Carpentras 35km – market Fridays
- Avignon 44km
- Aix-en-Provence 66km
Places to see
- Luberon villages of Bonnieux, Roussillon, Oppède-le-Vieux, Lacoste (visit the Château of the Marquis de Sade), Goult, the Bories village (a group of 30 dry stone huts)
- Children's activities – visit the Haribo factory, a crocodile farm, a bamboo forest, grottoes, a giant maze and a treetop adventure course
- Fête de la Musique – 21 June
- Musicales du Luberon (in Ménerbes) – music festival in July
- Festival d’Aix-en-Provence – opera festival in July
- Chorégies d’Orange in the Orange Roman theatre – opera festival in August
- Festival de Lacoste created by Pierre Cardin – musical festival in July
- Festival d’Avignon – theatre and dance festival in July
- Les Suds d’Arles – music festival in July
- Festival de la Roque d'Anthéron – piano festival in July and August
- Festival de Lourmarin – music festival all summer
- Festival Jazz de Luberon – jazz festival in May
- Carry-le-Rouet 88km – pebble/rocky
- Marseille 89km – sandy/shingle/rocky
- Sausset-les-Pins 93km – sandy/shingle/rocky
- La Couronne 97km – sandy
- Bike hire at Coustellet 4km
- 9 and 18-hole golf courses at Saumane-de-Vaucluse 11km
- Horse riding at Isle-sur-la-Sorgue 15km
- Leisure lake for swimming and sailing at Apt 25km
- Truffle hunting in Cadenet 30km
An attractive Mas which was ideal for our house party - spacious property with a lovely pool and tennis court. Terrific location near Gordes. Our family and friends really enjoyed the stay and have happy memories of late dinners on the terrace overlooking the orchard and hills.
The villa completely met our expectations - lovely position with a great view and an excellent pool.
Lovely holiday in a beautiful house. Welcome pack was delicious, thoughtful and generous and much appreciated.
The villa was lovely – very clean and well equipped and a beautiful setting. The pool was a great size and the Simpson pool towels were excellent.
Simpson Travel was fantastic from beginning to end and we found the whole experience extremely civilised. The local representatives were there if needed, but otherwise left us alone to enjoy our holiday. Most importantly though Mas de Lavandes is incredibly special and I would not hesitate to recommend it and use Simpson Travel to do so to anyone. I have never written a review before but we were genuinely very, very impressed!
We had a wonderful time in one of the most beautiful areas of Provence. The location and the villa itself were delightful and the attention to detail outstanding. The inside of the house was perfect in every sense, with the atmosphere and charm of the traditional Provençal house plus the refined taste and details of a much-loved family home. The long evenings dining in on the terrace, sampling local produce and wines and looking for shooting stars were just perfect.
Our choice of French properties is diverse, ranging from simple charm to genuine luxury and style. Much of our portfolio is privately owned, and price alone is therefore not a universal guide. We contract all our accommodation in person, and each property has its individual appeal.
To help you make the right choice based on your own priorities, we have devised a simple grading guide to be considered in conjunction with each individual property description, awarding up to a maximum of five stars for the below categories.
* For further clarification on Facilities and Amenities, please view the 'Details' tab for each property or speak to one of our experienced sales consultants.
There's no better way to while away leisurely holiday hours than by visiting the many Provençal villages with their cobbled streets and cafes. Hilltop towns glow in pale golden stone, surrounded by vineyards, olive groves and fields of fragrant purple lavender. From celebrated Gordes to charming Eygalières, each town has a market to help you discover local produce, or treat yourself to a long lazy lunch; from pavement cafes to Michelin stars, the midday meal in France is nothing short of an art form.
The cities of Avignon, Orange, Nîmes and Arles offer an architecturally rich and cultural day out but try to make time for lesser-known gems like Vaison la Romaine, Uzès and Ile sur la Sorgue for a less crowded but equally impressive picture of the history of the region.
A day at the beach is always an option but you can find other open water options closer to home, from child-friendly paddling in the River Gardon below le Pont du Gard, to kayaking down La Sorgue as it winds its way through the Luberon. Close to Avignon, Lac de Monteux has a lifeguarded beach and various water activities for all ages.
This is a destination to rival any other. Complemented by our selection of handpicked villas we can help you make the most of your luxury holiday in Provence.
Explore our pre-bookable experiences in Provence
BookingMultiple.mustache file to be converted
View holiday Booking Conditions