In this section...
- Air conditioned
- Heated swimming pool
- Large enclosed grounds
- La Flotte 5-10min walk
- Beach 10min walk
2024 Holidays... 2023 Prices
Our 2024 holidays are now priced online and with our early bird promise, you can enjoy December 2022 prices when you book by 31 December 2023. View Price Freeze Terms & Conditions here.
Le Clos de Ré is a spacious, stylish villa in a superbly convenient location, an easy walk from the centre of La Flotte. This former fishing village is one of the oldest on the island, brimming with character as well as cafes, shops and restaurants clustered around its picturesque harbour.
Land in such a prime spot is naturally at a premium, so a property of this size so close to La Flotte is a real find. The house sits in a 900m2 plot, with a pool, deck and dining terrace to the front and a lawn and second dining area to the rear, ideal if adults and kids want to claim a bit of independent space. It’s a little more urban-chic in style than the typical Ile de Ré holiday home, though with the Plage de l’Arnérault and the sea just a 10-minute walk away, the atmosphere is still very much beach-house chilled. The all-mod-cons spec also means air-con throughout, which is a relatively unusual benefit on this island.
The location makes it brilliant if you’re a party of mixed ages as everyone can get around easily on foot or by bike, and while La Flotte doesn’t offer anything approaching wild nightlife, having a little freedom to come and go as they please is a definite plus for most tweens and teens. With space for up to 10 and all bedrooms en suite, it would be a great choice for two families or a group of couples looking to enjoy all the island’s beaches, watersports, fabulous seafood and rich cultural heritage.
Please note... This property is not included in our early bird price freeze promise.
For lazy beach days and wonderful places to eat, La Flotte has all you need, and enjoys coveted status as ‘one of the most beautiful villages in France.’ The harbour is the social heart of town whether you want a quick café au lait or luxuriously long lunch, and for fresh produce and deli specialities, there’s a daily market too. When you feel like exploring, cycle paths take you further afield to the island capital – Saint-Martin-de-Ré (15 mins by bike) – and the south side of the island, where you’ll find the best beaches (20 mins by bike). Saint Martin is the cultural hub of Ré, with impressive Vauban fortifications and a museum showcasing the art and history of the island, and of course many delightful restaurants, shops and cafes.
- 5 bedroom villa (sleeps 2-10)
- Open-plan living/kitchen/dining area with Smart TV and Bluetooth speaker; leads to terrace and garden
- Kitchen includes island/breakfast bar with 3 bar stools and oven, hob, microwave, coffee-maker, fridge-freezer and dishwasher
- Dining space with table for 10 in open-plan living room
- Laundry cupboard
- 2x WC
- 2x double bedrooms (160cm beds) with en-suite shower rooms
- Twin bedroom (90cm beds that can be made as a double) with en-suite bathroom
- Double bedroom (160cm bed) with en-suite shower room
- Twin bedroom (90cm beds that can be made as a double) with en-suite shower room
- Complimentary WiFi
- Air conditioned throughout
- Iron, ironing board, hairdryer, pool and bath towels provided
- 2 on-site parking spaces
- Private heated swimming pool 8m x 4m
- Pool shower and WC
- Gas plancha barbecue
- Table tennis
- Outdoor dining area on shaded poolside terrace for 10 people and outdoor dining area on rear terrace for 6 people
- Partially wheelchair accessible
- Open-tread staircase leads to first floor (not suitable for toddlers)
- For further information on Terms and Conditions for this property please click here
- All properties with WiFi are able to support basic functionality such as web browsing and checking emails*
* We aim to offer an uninterrupted service but sometimes due to factors beyond our control reliability can be affected.
La Rochelle 20min drive
- TGV stations
La Rochelle 30min drive
- Plage de l’Arnérault beach 10min walk
- Restaurant and basic shops (La Flotte) 5min walk
- Supermarket (La Flotte) 7min walk
- Bike hire (La Flotte) 5min walk
We had a wonderful holiday and found the local team to be helpful and responsive. This is our fifth holiday with Simpson Travel and will definitely use them again next year.
Our choice of French properties is diverse, ranging from simple charm to genuine luxury and style. Much of our portfolio is privately owned, and price alone is therefore not a universal guide. We contract all our accommodation in person, and each property has its individual appeal.
To help you make the right choice based on your own priorities, we have devised a simple grading guide to be considered in conjunction with each individual property description, awarding up to a maximum of five stars for the below categories.
* For further clarification on Facilities and Amenities, please view the 'Details' tab for each property or speak to one of our experienced sales consultants.
Described as the Pearl of the Atlantic, Ile de Ré has long since been on the radar of upmarket Parisians, sailors and sophisticates, famed for the beauty of its contrasting landscapes and the refined elegance of its towns and villages. The island’s ease of access and well-marked cycle trails afford a realistic opportunity for a car-free holiday and with 100km of glorious unspoilt coastline, a micro-climate that makes it one of the sunniest regions in France and a way of life that celebrates nature and conservation, this chic little island is an enchanting destination for beach-lovers, foodies and anyone looking to embrace the great outdoors.
Explore our collection of villas in Ile de Ré and discover why everyone’s talking about the Pearl of the Atlantic.
BookingMultiple.mustache file to be converted
View holiday Booking Conditions