In this section...
- Stylish and contemporary villa
- Delightful countryside views
- Shaded balcony for al fresco dining
- Bar/restaurant 15-minute walk
- Cisternino/Ostuni 15-minute drive
Advance Registration... select your dates and reserve your 2023 holiday online, with a fully refundable deposit of £500.
Although it’s built with the same luminous stone that sets Puglia’s historic towns and villages apart, Villa Aurora makes a decisive and stylish departure from traditional architecture. Boldly contemporary, the villa’s straight lines and crisp corners etch it out with precision against blue skies. However, if you want to escape the pace of 21st-century life, this is the place to do it.
The views are stunning and, aside from the roofs of distant trulli peeking above the olive trees and woodland of the Valle d’Itria, there’s little to disturb the feeling that the rest of the world is very far away, although Cisternino, described as one of Italy’s most beautiful towns, is less than 15 minutes by road. Here you can enjoy the luxury of numerous places from which to appreciate that unspoilt landscape: terraces, al fresco dining areas, the generous infinity pool and through the large sliding glass doors of the villa itself.
The two double rooms and a twin leading off the living-dining area are the epitome of comfortable minimalism, the whiter-than-white walls and kitchen units creating a sense of lightness and brightness and echoing the natural luminosity of the pale local stone that has made towns such as Ostuni, just 20 minutes away, some of Puglia’s most photographed. For anyone in your party who needs a little extra space, there’s a separate guest room on the lower ground floor, complete with en-suite shower, an open-plan kitchen/dining/sitting area and a small private courtyard. This floor can be self contained if required.
If you want to revel in a sense of seclusion and yet have everything you need within easy reach, Villa Aurora is an obvious choice. It’s about a 15-minute walk from Casalini for a bar and restaurants, which are best for lunch unless you take a torch, as the road there is unpaved and unlit. Otherwise some of the Val d’Itria’s most celebrated towns and villages are less than half an hour away, including Locorotondo, Cisternino, Martina Franca and impressive Ostuni, as are sandy Torre Canne beach and the White Ostuni Beach Club. A few minutes more on the road and you’ll reach Alberobello, the UNESCO-listed home of many of Puglia’s famous trulli houses and enchanting in every way, with plenty of shops and restaurants to explore once you’ve soaked up the history.
Explore our pre-bookable experiences in Puglia
- 4 bedroom villa (sleeps 2-8)
- Open-plan living/dining/kitchen area, sliding glass doors open to terrace
- Kitchen includes gas hob, electric oven, microwave, fridge-freezer, dishwasher
- Master bedroom with en-suite shower room
- Double bedroom; door opens to terrace
- Twin bedroom (beds can be configured into a double bed on request) with balcony
- Stove burner
- Shower room
Lower Ground Floor
- Open-plan kitchen/dining/living area with 8 seater sofa and large flat screen TV
- Master bedroom with four poster bed and en-suite shower room; opens to outdoor seating area
- Shower room
- Laundry room
- Outdoor shower
- Complimentary WiFi
- Air-conditioning throughout
- Smart TV (Netflix)
- Iron, ironing board, hairdryer, bath and pool towels provided
- Underfloor heating system
- Balcony for outdoor dining
- Covered outdoor dining area
- Roof terrace
- Heated private infinity swimming pool 12m x 4m (depth 1.1m – 1.5m), heated in May and October (pool can be heated on request all other months for €100/week, payable locally
- Some drops and walls that are lower than 1m so children should be supervised at all times
- A daily tourist tax applies for the first two weeks of your stay only, which means that an average of €1.50 per person (12+ years) may be charged. This should be paid in cash during your stay.
- Our Covid-19 pledge means your holiday is fully protected. However, there may be special conditions surrounding flexible booking at this property. For further details, please visit: /covid-pledge-flexible-booking.
Simpson family extras
- Complimentary cot and highchair available
- Car seats and booster seats can be provided at a supplement, subject to availability
- To pre-book any of our family extras please call 020 8392 5747
- All properties with WiFi are able to support basic functionality such as web browsing and checking emails*
* We aim to offer an uninterrupted service but sometimes due to factors beyond our control reliability can be affected.
- Check in time – 4:00pm - 8:00pm
- Check out time – 10:00am
- Casalini (bar/restaurant/mini-market) 15min walk (road unpaved and not lit at night) or 5min drive
- Cisternino (shops/restaurants/supermarket) 15min drive
- Ostuni 15min drive
- Locorotondo 20min drive
- Torre Canne beach 30min drive
- Savelletri beach clubs 30min drive
- Alberobello 30min drive
- Monopoli 35min drive
- Brindisi airport 45min drive
- Bari airport 1hr 20min drive
This property is priced on an accommodation-only basis. To view details of recommended flights please click here.
We are happy to arrange your car hire in Italy; please click here to view options and prices. All hire cars booked with us include:
- Fully inclusive insurance, with zero excess*
- Free additional driver
When you book your car with us, we'll also make sure the paperwork is done in advance, leaving you free to simply check and sign for the vehicle when you arrive. For further information regarding travel arrangements click here.
* For this particular destination, the undercarriage is not included in the cover.
We had our first trip outside the UK in 19 months – thanks to Covid – and Villa Aurora was bliss, we swam every day thanks to the pool being heated. We found a lot of places closed at this time of year but really enjoyed exploring the gorgeous towns nearby – especially Ostuni and Martine Franca. Angelo and his family have been lovely – we have bought some of their great olive oil to take home. Francesco was also really helpful. The villa is kitted out really well – there was everything we needed and more – we are not ready to go home tomorrow.
The Hatter family – October 2021
Lovely villa, very private – had everything we needed and the pool was fantastic. Francesco and the team were great guides and gave great recommendations.
Michael Wynn – August 2020
We have a wonderful stay at Villa Aurora. It is a beautiful villa with a wonderful pool, large enough for 'proper' swimming, and fabulous outdoor living areas. The views of the Valle d'Itria are lovely, and is well located for exploring the area. The description and photographs were completely accurate, and our rep was wonderful, making recommendations and booking taxis and restaurants for us. We would have no hesitation in recommending this lovely villa and will certainly be booking through Simpson Travel in the future.
Neil & Deborah Whitley – August 2019
A very professional service, we would highly recommend this company and will be using them again. Already browsing the site for the next holiday......!
K Reynolds – July 2019
We had a wonderful week in this gorgeous villa. The views are amazing and the villa is very comfortable and tastefully furnished. We all slept well in the comfortable beds with the air con. The children loved the pool and we all enjoyed watching the swallows diving for a drink during the day and the bats doing the same at night. The villa is in a handy location to visit lots of places nearby. We didn’t make it to any of the beaches as we were all happy relaxing in the peace and tranquillity by the pool. Donato’s olive oil is delicious and he kept us in plentiful supply during our stay and the welcome pack on arrival was incredibly well stocked with an amazing fruit/veg bowl. Francesco, Donato and Angelita have been so friendly and helpful with tips on where to visit – thank you very much for all your help during our stay.
Rob, Judy, Alex & Maisie – August 2018
We had a delightful stay. The air conditioning was excellent and very effective. We were very appreciative too of the swift response with our desire for the TV to be hooked up so we could watch the Coppa del Mondo! Thank you so much to Francesco, Angelita and Donato – all of whom were incredibly kind and helpful.
Fiona, Patrick & Theo – July 2018
This is a lovely villa, very peaceful and in a quiet and tranquil setting.
Tina & Steve – June 2018
Our choice of Italian properties is diverse, ranging from simple charm to genuine luxury and style. Much of our portfolio is privately owned, and price alone is therefore not a universal guide. We contract all our accommodation in person, and each property has its individual appeal.
To help you make the right choice based on your own priorities, we have devised a simple grading guide to be considered in conjunction with each individual property description, awarding up to a maximum of five stars for the below categories.
There’s a different side of Italy to discover on a holiday in Puglia – the land of the trulli, ancient olive groves and historic towns that take you on a journey from Byzantine to Baroque. And then there are the countless beaches and beach clubs that capture the diversity of this absorbing destination: unspoilt, unpretentious and full of creative flair, where the generosity of the locals is matched by the excellence of its cuisine.
Explore our pre-bookable experiences in Puglia.
View holiday Booking Conditions