In this section...
- Indoor/outdoor heated swimming pool
- Spacious and contemporary
- Walk to beach & town centre
- Air-conditioning/heating throughout
- Hot tub, hammam & gym
- Volleyball court
2024 Holidays... 2023 Prices
Our 2024 holidays are now priced online and with our early bird promise, you can enjoy December 2022 prices when you book by 31 December 2023. View Price Freeze Terms & Conditions here.
Spread over an impressive 500m2 of living space, the inventory of facilities at Chênes Verts reads like a fantasy villa shopping list: a pool, hot tub, hammam and gym all vie for attention with five elegant bedrooms, and all very conveniently located close to the beaches and centre of La Tranche sur Mer.
The villa sits on a large residential plot that borders the pine forest. There are other similar homes in the vicinity, but Chênes Verts is not overlooked, so your privacy is assured, whether you’re enjoying dinner and drinks in the garden or challenging the kids to volleyball on the villa’s own sandy court. The Vendée’s famous microclimate makes it one of the sunniest places in France, but should the weather not play ball, the pool can be glassed in from the elements, and the vast living room is a bright and welcoming space even on a dull day. And after a day in the surf or cycling the myriad forest paths, you can retreat to the hammam or hot tub and emerge refreshed and fabulous: just how a holiday should make you feel.
With two master suites and three further bedrooms, the villa is a practical and luxurious option for two families or a group of friends looking for space and comfort within easy reach of what many consider France’s finest sand and surf. La Tranche sur Mer is the area hotspot for high-adrenalin watersports, but if waves are not your thing then there are plenty of gentler ways to enjoy this wonderful natural playground, from biking and hiking through forests and wetlands, to paddle boarding or canoeing on the sheltered inland waterways. A magnificent seven local beaches enjoy coveted Pavillon Bleu status, meaning they are particularly clean and managed in an environmentally respectful way, and with shops and restaurants a mere 15 to 20-minute walk away, it’s hard to imagine a better base for an indulgent week or two by the sea.
Please note... This property is not included in our early bird price freeze promise.
- 5 bedroom villa (sleeps 10)
- Open-plan kitchen/dining area, sliding doors on two sides to garden/pool
- Kitchen includes dishwasher, fridge, fridge-freezer, cooker, hob and microwave, Delonghi coffee machine
- Additional dining/entertaining options: raclette set, beer pump (please request 2 weeks in advance) and stocked wine fridge (charge per bottle)
- Separate living room with sliding doors to garden and terrace
- Further lounge/games area with air hockey
- Fitness room
- Wellness suite: hot tub, hammam, shower
- 'Suite PMR' with 180cm double bed, shower cubicle adapted for reduced mobility, WC; dressing area with TV; terrace access and garden view
- 'Suite les Floralies' with 1 x 180cm or 2 x 90cm beds and a shower cubicle; dressing area; terrace access and garden view
- 2 guest WC
- Twin/double bedroom 'Les Pins' with 1 x 180cm or 2 x 90cm beds; view to back garden, terrace & pool; balcony shared with bedrooms 3,4 & 5
- Twin/double bedroom 'Les Marais' with 1 x 180cm or 2 x 90cm beds; view to back garden, terrace & pool; balcony shared with bedrooms 3,4 & 5
- Small double bedroom 'Le Savinier' with 1 x 140cm bed; view to back garden, terrace & pool; balcony shared with bedrooms 3,4 & 5
- Bathroom with bath-tub, shower cubicle, hand-basin
- Separate WC
- Complimentary WiFi
- Air-conditioning/heating throughout
- Simpson Travel telephone representative
- Washing machine and dryer
- Hairdryers in all bathrooms
- Volleyball court
- Private indoor/outdoor pool 8m x 4m (max depth 1.5m), heated May to September
- Pool access is via lockable door inside and via sliding doors on the outside; fully retractable bifold doors on both sides
- Young children will need to take care on the staircase, please see photos
- For further information on Terms and Conditions specific to this French property please click here
- All properties with WiFi are able to support basic functionality such as web browsing and checking emails*
* We aim to offer an uninterrupted service but sometimes due to factors beyond our control reliability can be affected.
- Bed linen, bath and pool towels are provided
- Weekly linen change for bookings of one week or more
- Additional cleaning €25 per hour (minimum 2 hours)
- All services payable locally
- Prices quoted are subject to change
- Check-in time – 4.00-7.00pm
- Check-out time – 10.00am
La Rochelle 65km
- Ferry ports
Le Havre 490km
- TGV stations
La Roche-sur-Yon 40km
La Rochelle 62km
Les Sables-d'Olonne 50km
- Restaurants & shops (La Tranche sur Mer) 1.6km
- Beach 1.3km
- La Rochelle airport 65km
Our choice of French properties is diverse, ranging from simple charm to genuine luxury and style. Much of our portfolio is privately owned, and price alone is therefore not a universal guide. We contract all our accommodation in person, and each property has its individual appeal.
To help you make the right choice based on your own priorities, we have devised a simple grading guide to be considered in conjunction with each individual property description, awarding up to a maximum of five stars for the below categories.
* For further clarification on Facilities and Amenities, please view the 'Details' tab for each property or speak to one of our experienced sales consultants.
They may not have Côte d’Azur chic, but the charming towns along Vendée’s Atlantic coastline have 200km of sandy beaches to make up for it. And don’t miss the old fishing village of Les Sables-d’Olonne, one of France’s original seaside destinations. Vendée is also home to La Roche-sur-Yon, a stately town built by Napoleon, who never envisaged the waterpark and golf courses there today. Venture inland and you’ll find the Marais Poitevin (Green Venice) with its canals, forest-covered hills, picturesque villages and historic abbeys.
And to complete the picture, choose from our handpicked collection of Vendée villas for a comfortable home from home to return to.
BookingMultiple.mustache file to be converted
View holiday Booking Conditions