In this section...
- Stylish and spacious
- Sunny courtyard garden
- Walk to shops and restaurants
- 5-minute bike to the beach
- Heated swimming pool
Advance Registration... select your dates and reserve your 2023 holiday online, with a fully refundable deposit of £500.
Minimum 14-night stay... between 30 July and 27 August 2022.
If you’ve been charged with organising a group holiday this year, then Villa de la Loubrie may be just what you’re looking for, sleeping up to ten and very conveniently located within easy walking distance of the shops and restaurants of Bois-Plage village. Covering 265m2, the space is both generous and practical, with two large sitting areas to accommodate different groups and moods (adults/kids, guys/girls, night owls/early risers; there’s room for everyone) and five comfortable bedrooms. Stylish but not stuffy, it’s the sort of place that makes you feel instantly at ease, whether you’re doing dinner for 8 in the galley-style kitchen or stretched out with your Kindle on the big comfy sofas while someone else kindly takes care of the cooking.
To enhance the wonderful feeling of light and space, most of the living areas open directly onto the sunny courtyard, complete with a 10-metre heated swimming pool and plenty of lounging room. There’s also a barbecue and covered dining area for lazy lunches and long summer evenings putting the world to rights, encouraged perhaps by a glass of chilled Pineau, the classic Ré aperitif which you can taste and buy locally. It’s just a 10-minute walk to the village centre and its cafés, bars and celebrated covered market, the perfect place to buy fresh fish for the barbecue and sample all sorts of deli deliciousness for an instant gourmet picnic or pre-dinner appetizer. Alternatively, hop on the bikes for the 5-minute (1.5km) ride to Gollandières beach, a long stretch of fine, golden sand with views of Oléron island across the bay.
Charming Le Bois Plage offers everything you need for an indulgent breach break, combining a market and speciality stores with a reasonable size supermarket if you prefer to do a one-stop shop to fill the fridge or stock the car with goodies to take home. The Plage des Gollandières (1.5km) is your nearest beach, with a lifeguard and watersports in the main summer season; fractionally further south is Gros Jonc beach, which also has a café and a snack bar. If you’re after an active break, there are numerous opportunities for sailing, windsurfing, paddle-boarding, surfing, kayaking and more all within just a few kilometres. The village is handily placed for a visit to the island capital and UNESCO World Heritage site of St Martin (10-minute bike ride), or keep things very local and spend an hour sampling island wine, bubbly and Cognac at the Ré winemakers’ collective on the edge of Le Bois-Plage.
- 5 bedroom villa (sleeps 2-10)
- Large open-plan living/dining room with two seating areas; TV, fireplace
- Galley kitchen includes oven, hob, microwave, Nespresso coffee machine, fridge-freezer, dishwasher
- Spacious double bedroom (160cm bed) with en suite shower and WC
- Guest WC
- Open-tread staircase leads to first floor; toddlers and young children must be supervised
- 2 x double bedrooms (160cm bed) with en suite shower room (separated from sleeping area by half-wall/glass screen); reduced-height ceiling near window
- Double bedroom (160cm bed) with en suite shower room (separated from sleeping area by half-wall/glass screen)
- Children’s bedroom with 2 x 190cm single beds plus a cot; low ceiling by the window
- Bathroom with bath and shower plus adjacent WC
- Complimentary WiFi
- Cot and highchair available
- Iron, ironing board, hairdryer, pool and bath towels provided
- Washing machine
- Courtyard-style pool terrace with barbecue
- Covered dining area
- Outdoor seating corner
- Private swimming pool 10m x 2.5m with electric cover, heated May to September
- Bookings are for a minimum of 14 nights in August
- For further information on Terms and Conditions specific to this French property please click here
- All properties with WiFi are able to support basic functionality such as web browsing and checking emails*
* We aim to offer an uninterrupted service but sometimes due to factors beyond our control reliability can be affected.
Villa access times
- Check-in time – 5.00-7.00pm
- Late arrival supplement of €50 for arrivals after 7.00pm (latest arrival time 10.00pm)
- Check-out time – 10.00am
La Rochelle 25min drive (19km)
- Ferry ports
St Malo 345km
- TGV stations
La Rochelle 35min drive (28km)
- Residential street location
- Gollandières Beach 5min cycle (1.5km)
- Le Bois-Plage village centre 10min walk (750m)
- St Martin de Ré 10min cycle ride (4km)
Our choice of French properties is diverse, ranging from simple charm to genuine luxury and style. Much of our portfolio is privately owned, and price alone is therefore not a universal guide. We contract all our accommodation in person, and each property has its individual appeal.
To help you make the right choice based on your own priorities, we have devised a simple grading guide to be considered in conjunction with each individual property description, awarding up to a maximum of five stars for the below categories.
* For further clarification on Facilities and Amenities, please view the 'Details' tab for each property or speak to one of our experienced sales consultants.
Described as the Pearl of the Atlantic, Ile de Ré has long since been on the radar of upmarket Parisians, sailors and sophisticates, famed for the beauty of its contrasting landscapes and the refined elegance of its towns and villages. The island’s ease of access and well-marked cycle trails afford a realistic opportunity for a car-free holiday and with 100km of glorious unspoilt coastline, a micro-climate that makes it one of the sunniest regions in France and a way of life that celebrates nature and conservation, this chic little island is an enchanting destination for beach-lovers, foodies and anyone looking to embrace the great outdoors.
View holiday Booking Conditions