In this section...
- Delightful lakeside setting
- Huge grounds
- Stylish and contemporary
- Partially air-conditioned
- Walking distance to village shops & restaurant
- Beach 12min drive
We love the Aquitaine coast for many reasons, and one of the biggest is the sheer scale of it, offering mile upon mile of golden beaches where you can always find a relatively peaceful spot, even in the height of summer. If space and peace appeal to you too, we think you’ll love La Cabane. Fully renovated in 2023, this very attractive home sits in 20,000m2 of private land on the edge of the Etang Noir nature reserve. Beautifully contemporary inside, the house is timber clad to blend unobtrusively into the surrounding woodland, enhancing the feeling of retreat and bringing welcome natural shade.
From the back of the house, you can look out through the glass-fronted living space into a sea of green, with the calm waters of the lake just beyond. The lake is a strictly protected nature reserve which means you can enjoy the view, but no swimming, SUPs or other water access is permitted. You can still have a swim whenever you like however, as La Cabane has a sparkling new pool at the front of the house. There’s also a large deck here, complete with barbecue kitchen for easy family meals and a huge area of open space for those with the energy to run around. All this room makes La Cabane feel delightfully secluded, but you can still walk into the village of Seignosse Bourg for groceries, bread, bike hire and perhaps a meal at one of the two local restaurants. The vast Atlantic beaches are a 12-minute drive away, with surf schools for those so inclined and a wide array of shops and restaurants in both Hossegor and Seignosse Ocean. The owners and their young family live in a yurt at the boundary of the land and will take care of the pool and gardens for our guests. Their accommodation has its own private access and is not visible from the main house, ensuring privacy for all.
Please note: the lake is about 50 metres from the house and is not fenced. Children and non-swimmers must be carefully supervised.
Seignosse Bourg is an attractive village with all the shops you need for daily provisions, and just far enough inland to retain a more authentic feel than the surfy coastal buzz. If that buzz is just what you’re after however, there’s The Zone (surf stores, cafes, bars & restaurants) a five-minute drive away, and Hossegor just under ten minutes by car. With its laid-back surfy vibe, cool boutiques and ‘Califrench’ cuisine, Hossegor appeals to all ages, and if you want to get into the waves, there are around 20 different surf schools within just a few kilometres. For alternative water thrills, Atlantic Park in Seignosse is the largest water park in the region. 18-hole Seignosse golf course is very highly rated, with the added challenge of hundred-year-old pines and cork oaks spread over its 70,000m2. The raised boardwalks and deep green spaces of the Etang Noir Reserve make for a refreshingly different diversion: the park is free to visit, with guided tours offered weekly during the main summer months.
- 4 bedroom villa (sleeps 2-8)
- Open plan kitchen/dining/living area with Smart TV; access to terrace
- Kitchen includes dishwasher, washing machine, fridge-freezer, fridge, freezer, oven, microwave, hob, coffee maker (filter & capsule), breakfast bar with 4 stools
- Laundry room with washing machine, dryer and shower
- Double bedroom (160cm bed) with dressing area, en-suite bath and shower room with WC; leads to terrace
- Twin bedroom (2 x 90cm beds); access to terrace
- Double bedroom (160cm bed); access to terrace
- Shower room
- Double bedroom (160cm bed that can be converted to twin beds on request) with en-suite shower room
- Simpson Travel telephone representative
- Complimentary WiFi
- Air-conditioned in 2 bedrooms and corridor
- Iron, ironing board, hairdryer and Simpson beach towels provided
- Private, heated swimming pool 9m x 3m
- 6 pool loungers and outdoor shower by the pool
- Gas plancha barbecue
- Outdoor kitchen with fridge, sink, plancha and 4 bar stools
- Outdoor shaded dining area
- On-site covered car parking for 2 cars with EC charging port
- Please note: due to open water at the foot of the garden, care must be taken and children must be supervised.
- For further information on Terms and Conditions for this property please click here
- All properties with WiFi are able to support basic functionality such as web browsing and checking emails. We aim to offer an uninterrupted service but sometimes due to factors beyond our control reliability can be affected.
Villa access times
- Check-in time – 5-7pm
- Check-out time – 10am
- Weekly cleaning and linen change
Biarritz airport 40min drive
- TGV stations
Biarritz 35min drive
- Seignosse ocean 12min drive
- Seignosse Bourg (restaurant, basic shops, bike hire) 12min walk
- Supermarkert (Hossegor) 9min drive
- Hossegor (town) 10min drive
Our choice of French properties is diverse, ranging from simple charm to genuine luxury and style. Much of our portfolio is privately owned, and price alone is therefore not a universal guide. We contract all our accommodation in person, and each property has its individual appeal.
To help you make the right choice based on your own priorities, we have devised a simple grading guide to be considered in conjunction with each individual property description, awarding up to a maximum of five stars for the below categories.
* For further clarification on Facilities and Amenities, please view the 'Details' tab for each property or speak to one of our experienced sales consultants.
Once entirely marshland, this region is now a natural playground of sand dunes and beaches, pine forests and picturesque lakes, where walking and cycling are the most pleasurable ways of getting around. An idyllic meeting of France and California with truly spectacular waves and wide-ranging cuisine, upmarket Hossegor thrives on a surfing culture of stylish, laid-back living. However, in authentic Capbreton next door, and many of the towns and villages no more than an hour away, the historical roots go deeper and there’s much to explore.
Visit our collection of handpicked villas in Hossegor and the Landes Coast to complete your luxury holiday on the Aquitaine Coast.
View holiday Booking Conditions