In this section...
- Spacious luxury villa
- Private gardens
- Southern Puglia location
- Simpson family extras available
- Gallipoli and beaches 15-minute drive
- Lecce 45-minute drive
Book with confidence...
Read our Covid-19 pledge to find out how you and your money are protected.
Sitting in delightful mature gardens of around an acre, Villa Floridita is an exceptionally private home-from-home offering a spacious and luxurious retreat in the Salento region of Southern Puglia.
Approached over a driveway lined with tropical palms and phormium, this stylishly decorated, contemporary villa brings a neutral palette to life with subtle accents of blue and green, clever detailing and lovely ornamental touches from the owner’s travels to Morocco and the East. Large picture windows in the well-appointed living area frame the vibrant greens of the sub-tropical gardens and doors leading out onto a beautiful covered terrace reveal a choice of relaxed seating areas offering shelter from the midday sun. There is a table for relaxed al fresco dining and beyond this, steps down leading to the pool and a delightfully sunny terrace, crafted from the local basolato stone.
Upstairs, all four of the villa’s elegant double bedrooms are tastefully furnished and have their own characterful en-suite bathrooms, where natural stone basins, mosaic flooring, decorative wooden mirrors and intricate laser-cut metalwork give the place a distinct, artistic flavour. And from the landing, a further terrace, with distant views across the olive groves to the sea, is the perfect spot to sit and watch the sunset over the Ionian.
Tucked away in a shady corner of the garden you’ll find the appealing summer house: sometimes used for meditation or yoga, it offers another restful retreat in which to lie back and enjoy the wonderful natural surroundings.
Villa Floridita is ideally situated for exploring vibrant Gallipoli and the many beaches that lie along this stretch of coast; some easily accessible with excellent restaurants and well-equipped beach clubs, others quieter and more remote where your efforts are rewarded with tranquillity and a stretch of sand to call your own. Undoubtedly, the jewel in the crown of Puglia’s baroque period is magnificent Lecce, a 45-minute drive from the villa. A day, or days, spent exploring here offer culture, splendour, enchantment and cuisine to rival anywhere in Italy. But however you choose to spend your time, Villa Floridita is an elegant and sophisticated base from which to enjoy the many riches this magical landscape has to offer.
- 4 bedroom villa (sleeps 2-8)
- Living/dining area with TV
- Steps down to kitchen with oven, hob, microwave, fridge-freezer, dishwasher, washing machine
- 4 Double bedroom with en-suite shower rooms, all lead out to private terraces
- Complimentary WiFi
- Air conditioned bedrooms only
- Flat screen TV in all bedrooms
- Iron, ironing board, hairdryer, pool and bath towels provided
- Portable barbecue
- Outside shaded dining area
- Private yoga teacher (available on request, payable locally)
- Private swimming pool 6m x 8m (depth 1.35m throughout)
- Unpaved concrete road leads to villa
- A daily tourist tax applies for the first two weeks of your stay only, which means that an average of €1.50 per person (12+ years) may be charged. This should be paid in cash during your stay.
Simpson family extras
- Complimentary cot and highchair available
- Car seats and booster seats can be provided at a supplement, subject to availability
- To pre-book any of our family extras please call 020 8392 5747
- All properties with WiFi are able to support basic functionality such as web browsing and checking emails*
* We aim to offer an uninterrupted service but sometimes due to factors beyond our control reliability can be affected.
- Check in time – 4:00pm
- Check out time – 10:00am
- Alezio (supermarket/shops/restaurants/cafés) 3min drive
- Gallipoli 10min drive
- Spiaggia di Baia Verde Beach 10min drive
- Lido San Giovanni Beach 10min drive
- Nardò 20min drive
- Lecce 30min drive
- Ostuni 1hr 10min drive
- Brindisi airport 1hr drive
- Bari airport 2hr drive
Our villas in Italy are sold on an accommodation-only basis, allowing you the flexibility to choose the best flights for you. Our specialists will happily advise on routes and airlines, alternatively please find our flying guide here.
Although this property is booked on an accommodation-only basis, we can arrange car hire for you. Usually we provide a 'meet and greet' service to ensure the best possible speed of collection and drop-off but due to Covid-19 this service has been suspended until further notice. We are also able to organise a transfer to your villa and have your car waiting for you on arrival. Please contact our destination specialists to discuss this service.
Based on the number of people travelling, the following hire car(s) are available:
- 2 guests – 1 group B, Fiat 500 or similar*
- 3 guests – 1 group C, Smart ForFour or similar*
- 4 guests – 1 group D, Fiat 500L or similar*
- 4 guests – 1 group E, VW T-Cross, Seat Arona or similar*
- 4 guests – 1 group F, VW T-ROC / Nissan Kadjar or similar*
* All our cars include comprehensive insurance with zero excess and additional second driver.
Group B – 1 litre engine, 1 medium suitcase*
Group C – 1.4 litre engine, 2 medium suitcases*
Group D – 1.4 litre engine, 2 medium suitcases*
Group E – 1.6 litre engine, 2 large suitcases*
Group F – 1.6 litre engine, 2 large and 2 small suitcases*
* Suitcase sizes are based on a large suitcase being approximately 75cm x 41cm x 31cm, a medium suitcase of approximately 65cm x 46cm x 29cm and a small suitcase of 55cm x 40cm x 20cm.
Thank you for letting us stay in your beautiful family villa. It was a pleasure to meet you and explore the area. It was also a pleasure to learn of your family history. We will have happy memories of our time staying at Villa Floridita.
Roger & Catie – September 2019
Our choice of Italian properties is diverse, ranging from simple charm to genuine luxury and style. Much of our portfolio is privately owned, and price alone is therefore not a universal guide. We contract all our accommodation in person, and each property has its individual appeal.
To help you make the right choice based on your own priorities, we have devised a simple grading guide to be considered in conjunction with each individual property description, awarding up to a maximum of five stars for the below categories.
* For further clarification on Facilities and Amenities, please view the 'Details' tab for each property or speak to one of our experienced sales consultants.
There’s a different side of Italy to discover on a holiday in Puglia – the land of the trulli, ancient olive groves and historic towns that take you on a journey from Byzantine to Baroque. And then there are the countless beaches and beach clubs that capture the diversity of this absorbing destination: unspoilt, unpretentious and full of creative flair, where the generosity of the locals is matched by the excellence of its cuisine.
Explore our pre-bookable experiences in Puglia.
View holiday Booking Conditions