In this section...
- Introductory offer
- Stylishly renovated trullo
- Beautiful lawned garden
- Beach/restaurant 15-minute drive
Unique to our chosen region of Puglia, the conical, white-painted trulli bring a certain fairy-tale charm to the unspoilt countryside around Fasano and Monopoli. This bold and stylish renovation, three years in the making, is a reinvention of what that ancient abode can be – and with a private pool and the advantage of being just 15 minutes from the upmarket beach clubs and sandy coastline of Capitolo, it’s an ideal spot for a family of up to five.
Walk into the contemporary kitchen-diner and the shades of sophisticated grey strike a marked contrast to the brilliant white-washed walls of the original 18th-century building. From there, it’s a straight line from one end of the house to the other, passing through two cosy double rooms, each with the same monochromatic colour scheme and the pale-stone trullo roof doming above you.
At the far end, beyond the second shower room (the first being next to the kitchen) there’s one more room, with a single day bed – a quiet place to retreat to. Like the master bedroom it has direct access to the spacious stone terrace and one of the real pleasures of Trullo Bianco: the great outdoors. The garden is spacious; lush green lawns meeting the rich red soil from which an olive grove flourishes and, beyond that, one of Puglia’s very few hills rises up protectively. The sturdy stone table in the garden gives you a chance to appreciate your unspoilt natural surroundings or, for a slightly different perspective, take in the view from the trullo’s roof terrace – but keep an eye on any children that accompany you as the open stone staircase leading up to it has no handrail, and likewise the steps leading down from the parking area.
Puglia is populated with fascinating towns and villages, and the nearest to Trullo Bianco is the village of L’Assunta, just a 12-minute drive away, where you’ll find a deli and bakery that’s evolved into a popular bistro. Capitolo, home to some of the area’s most upmarket beach clubs, is 15 minutes away, and you’ll see numerous restaurants along the busy coastal road. In the same time, you can reach Fasano, with its Acquapark Egnazia, Zoosafari and an archaeological park showcasing the ruins of an ancient Greek settlement. Spend a morning in Monopoli, 20 minutes away, with its castle and pretty harbour, or visit its neighbour, Polignano a Mare, where poetry is written on doors and stairwells and the Old Town perches precariously on a cliff top, surrounded by the bluest of seas. Alberobello, the famous trulli village, is also just a half-hour drive away.
- 2 bedroom villa (sleeps 2-5)
- Sitting room with fireplace and flat screen TV; French door opens to garden
- Open-plan kitchen/dining area
- Kitchen includes gas hob, electric oven, fridge-freezer, dishwasher
- Master bedroom; French door opens to garden
- Small double bedroom
- Small room with single day bed; French door opens to garden
- 2 shower rooms
- Reduction of 10% on published prices for all bookings until photographs of the new swimming pool are available
- Insect screens on all doors and windows
- Washing machine
- Iron, ironing board, hairdryer, bath and pool towels provided
- Pergola for outdoor dining
- Some drops and walls lower than 1m so children should be supervised at all times
- A daily tourist tax applies for the first week of your stay only, which means that an average of €1.50 per person (12+ years) may be charged. This should be paid in cash to your villa owner during your stay.
- Check in time – 4-8pm
- Check out time – 10am
- L’Assunta (deli/bakery/bar) 12min drive
- Capitolo (beach/bar/restaurant/bakery) 15min drive
- Fasano 15min drive
- Savelletri beach 20min drive
- Monopoli (shops/restaurants/supermarket) 20min drive
- Alberobello 30min drive
- Ostuni 35min drive
- Conversano 35min drive
- Brindisi airport 45min drive
- Bari 50min drive
- Bari airport 1hr drive
Based on the number of people travelling, the following hire car(s) are included in the package price of your holiday:
- 2 guests – 1 group B, Fiat Panda or similar*
- 3 guests – 1 group C, Lancia Ypsilon or similar*
- 4 guests – 1 group D, Volkswagen Golf or similar*
- 5 guests – 1 group F, Volkswagen Golf AUT or similar*
* All our cars include comprehensive insurance with zero excess. For this particular destination, the undercarriage is not included in the cover.
Group B – 1.2 litre engine, 2 small suitcases*
Group C – 1.2 litre engine, 2 medium suitcases*
Group D – 1.6 litre engine, 3 large suitcases*
Group F – 1.6 litre engine, 3 large suitcases*
* Suitcase sizes are based on a large suitcase being approximately 75cm x 41cm x 31cm, a medium suitcase of approximately 65cm x 46cm x 29cm and a small suitcase of 55cm x 40cm x 20cm.
Our choice of Italian properties is diverse, ranging from simple charm to genuine luxury and style. Much of our portfolio is privately owned, and price alone is therefore not a universal guide. We contract all our accommodation in person, and each property has its individual appeal.
To help you make the right choice based on your own priorities, we have devised a simple grading guide to be considered in conjunction with each individual property description, awarding up to a maximum of five stars for the below categories.
* * For further clarification on Facilities, please view the 'Details' tab for each property or speak to one of our experienced sales consultants.
There’s a different side of Italy to discover on a holiday in Puglia – the land of the trulli, ancient olive groves and historic towns that take you on a journey from Byzantine to Baroque. And then there are the countless beaches and beach clubs that capture the diversity of this absorbing destination: unspoilt, unpretentious and full of creative flair, where the generosity of the locals is matched by the excellence of its cuisine.
View holiday Booking Conditions