In this section...
- Unique apartment in historic centre of Ostuni
- Traditional building, stylishly appointed
- Heated plunge-pool with hydromassage
- Quiet and convenient location
- Flexible stays, 3-night minimum
- Moments from shops, restaurants and bars
Our 2022 holidays are now available to reserve online. For more information, visit our Advance Registration page.
+39 391 7265463.
Il Sogno is unique; brimming with charm and full of surprises. Stepping off the cobbled streets from the historic centre of Ostuni into this grand traditional building, you enter a world where antiquity meets avant-garde with striking results. Every effort has been made to maintain the integrity of this elegant building, built in 1600, from restoring the original stone floor, to preserving the original plaster and mineral paint on the beautiful vaulted ceilings. But the eclectic interiors are from another age; a sleek sideboard holds a pop-up kitchen, a mirrored chamber contains a luxurious shower room, a hidden sound-system plays your favourite tunes and beyond the comfortable bed, made up with the finest Frette linens, a heated pool with hydromassage is a further revelation.
The ‘White City’ of Ostuni is a wonderful place for exploration and though the apartment is in the heart of the old town, it enjoys a peaceful position in a residential area close to the formidable walls of the Monastero delle Benedettine di San Pietro. Stepping out into the narrow streets you will find treasures whichever way you go. Wander down to the Piazza della Libertá and enjoy a coffee by the Town Hall, stroll back towards the Museum of Preclassical Civilisation for incontrovertible proof that Puglia was inhabited during the Neolithic period, marvel at the rose window in the ornate cathedral and head up to the top of town for some gelato on the Terrazza Panoramica.
There are a good number of excellent bars and restaurants in Ostuni and a pleasant mix of boutiques and artisan shops selling local produce. The bakery close to the apartment is also well worth a visit. The vast wood-burning oven has been catering to the locals of the town for hundreds of years and it’s the perfect place to pick up a tempting treat for breakfast or some Focaccia for a picnic lunch.
Out and about, Ostuni’s position makes it a great base for exploring the renowned villages of the Valle d’Itria and it affords excellent access to the Adriatic coast, with a couple of beautiful beaches, Lido Stella and Lido Morelli, less than 10km away. The town-centre location makes Il Sogni particularly suitable for shorter breaks, perhaps combined with a stay at one of our Masserias in the region. For further details and prices please call one of our Destination Specialists.
- 1 bedroom apartment (sleeps 2)
- Living/dining area with TV (English-speaking news channels)
- Kitchen with oven, hob, fridge-freezer, dishwasher
- Double bedroom with en-suite shower room and heated plunge pool with hydromassage 4m x 3m (depth 1.1m)
- Complimentary WiFi
- Air-conditioned throughout
- Iron, ironing board, hairdryer and Simpson pool/beach towels provided
- All properties with WiFi are able to support basic functionality such as web browsing and checking emails. We aim to offer an uninterrupted service but sometimes, due to factors beyond our control, reliability can be affected.
National tourist licence (CIS): BR07401232000020848
- Shops, restaurants, cafés 1min walk
- Nearest beach 10min drive
- Ceglie 11min drive
- Martina Franca 25min drive
- Cisternino 25min drive
- Torre Canne beach 25min drive
- Torre Guaceto Natural Reseve 25min drive
- Polignano a Mare 40min drive
- Locorotondo 40min drive
- Conversano 45min drive
- Alberobello 45min drive
- Brindisi airport 30min drive
- Bari airport 1hr 10min drive
This property is priced on an accommodation-only basis. To view details of recommended flights please click here.
We are happy to arrange your car hire, using one of our trusted local suppliers; please ask us about options and prices. All hire cars booked with us include:
- Fully inclusive insurance, with zero excess*
- Free additional driver
When you book your car with us, we'll also make sure the paperwork is done in advance, leaving you free to simply check and sign for the vehicle when you arrive. For further information regarding travel arrangements click here.
* For this particular destination, the undercarriage is not included in the cover.
- 2 guests – 1 group B, Fiat 500 or similar
- 3 guests – 1 group C, Smart ForFour or similar
- 4 guests – 1 group D, Fiat 500L or similar
- 4 guests – 1 group E, VW T-Cross, Seat Arona or similar
- 4 guests – 1 group F, VW T-ROC / Nissan Kadjar or similar
Group B – 1 litre engine, 1 medium suitcase*
Group C – 1.4 litre engine, 2 medium suitcases*
Group D – 1.4 litre engine, 2 medium suitcases*
Group E – 1.6 litre engine, 2 large suitcases*
Group F – 1.6 litre engine, 2 large and 2 small suitcases*
* Suitcase sizes are based on a large suitcase being approximately 75cm x 41cm x 31cm, a medium suitcase of approximately 65cm x 46cm x 29cm and a small suitcase of 55cm x 40cm x 20cm.
Our choice of Italian properties is diverse, ranging from simple charm to genuine luxury and style. Much of our portfolio is privately owned, and price alone is therefore not a universal guide. We contract all our accommodation in person, and each property has its individual appeal.
To help you make the right choice based on your own priorities, we have devised a simple grading guide to be considered in conjunction with each individual property description, awarding up to a maximum of five stars for the below categories.
* For further clarification on Facilities and Amenities, please view the 'Details' tab for each property or speak to one of our experienced sales consultants.
There’s a different side of Italy to discover on a holiday in Puglia – the land of the trulli, ancient olive groves and historic towns that take you on a journey from Byzantine to Baroque. And then there are the countless beaches and beach clubs that capture the diversity of this absorbing destination: unspoilt, unpretentious and full of creative flair, where the generosity of the locals is matched by the excellence of its cuisine.
Explore our pre-bookable experiences in Puglia.
View holiday Booking Conditions