In this section...
- Five modern seafront suites
- Magical setting in charming village
- On Crete’s unspoilt southern shore
- Beach and tavernas a gentle stroll away
Moments from the beach, our boutique Myrtos Mare Suites are surrounded by spectacularly unspoilt scenery – but dramatic mountains and sparkling seas aside, it’s the intimate nature of this simple village setting that we love. Here, you can slow down; enjoy sun, sea and sand, and soak up the experience of being treated like a guest and not a tourist.
In two adjacent buildings, at the quieter end of a palm-lined promenade, the three studios and two maisonette apartments are newly refurbished; small, but perfectly formed. They offer a comfortable, well-designed place to lay your head, lulled to sleep by the sound of the waves. And with the sea so close, there’s magic in the air from the moment you wake, with the tempting possibility of a morning dip or, a few steps along the road, a hearty Cretan breakfast to start your day.
Bougainvillea-scented Myrtos is a simple agricultural village at heart, vibrant and engaging without ever being ‘too much’. It has all the necessary shops and services the locals rely on, but also a charming little museum, quirky boutiques and a PADI-certified diving school. And tucked between the houses, wooden chairs spilling out across roads, into tree-covered courtyards and even onto the sand, there’s a choice of cafés and atmospheric restaurants, some with live music in the evening.
If you feel like stretching your legs, follow one of the local walking trails that lead you not only around Myrtos itself, but also over to Tertsa beach (a ten-minute drive away) with its beach taverna and drop-in yoga classes, or the traditional villages of Mithi and Mournies for breathtaking views. You could also take a boat trip over to Chrissi Island, Europe’s most southerly point, for a swim in shimmering turquoise waters and the chance to sunbathe on pink sand made from coral and sea shells.
- 3 Studios (sleeps 2)
- 2 Junior Suites (sleeps 4; 2 adults and 2 children on a double sofa bed; sofa bed not suitable for over 12s)
- Complimentary WiFi
- Air-conditioned throughout
- Iron, ironing board, hairdryer, pool and bath towels provided
- TV (English-speaking news channels)
- Due to steep steps, the Junior Suites are unsuitable for guests with limited mobility
- Both Junior Suites and Studios are not suitable for wheelchair access
- Parking is limited in the village and available spaces are often up to 100m from the suites
- In Greece, a nominal visitor tax applies, known as the Overnight Stay Tax, which varies depending on the accommodation. During your stay, €0.50 per night per suite must be paid locally in cash and will be collected either by the property owner or our local representative on their behalf.
- All properties with WiFi are able to support basic functionality such as web browsing and checking emails*
* We aim to offer an uninterrupted service but sometimes due to factors beyond our control reliability can be affected.
National tourist licence (EOT): 1040K132K3107700
- Beach on doorstep
- Set in village
- Taverna 1min walk
- Ierapetra 25min drive
- Agios Nikolaos 1hr drive
- Heraklion airport 1hr 20min drive on minor roads or 1hr 45min on major roads
Our choice of Greek properties is as diverse as the islands themselves, ranging from simple seaside charm to genuine luxury and style. Much of our portfolio is privately owned, and price alone is therefore not a universal guide. We contract all our accommodation in person, and each property has its individual appeal. To help you make the right choice based on your own priorities, we have devised a simple grading guide to be considered in conjunction with each individual property description, awarding up to a maximum of five stars for the below categories.
* For further clarification on Facilities and Amenities, please view the 'Details' tab for each property or speak to one of our experienced sales consultants.
The road from north to south Crete takes you on an inspiring journey from the exclusivity of Elounda and the elegance of lakeside Agios Nikolaos into a rugged landscape harbouring the soul food of a simpler life. From gorges and caves to the mountain communities of the beautiful Lasithi Plateau – and then on to the romantically unspoilt beaches and homely tavernas of Myrtos, Makrigialos and Ferma in the south – this is Crete at its most warmly welcoming, without artifice, where you’re a guest and never a tourist.
Discover it for yourself from a handpicked villa in The Gulf of Mirabello & South East Crete.
View holiday Booking Conditions