In this section...
- On Crete’s unspoilt southern shore
- Metres from magical beach
- Walking distance to tavernas
- Spacious garden with outdoor cinema
Southern Crete has a charm all of its own, offering a gentle, traditional way of life in an area renowned for its fertile soil and agriculture. Turning off the coast road and driving down towards the sea, it is hard to imagine a lovelier place for a relaxing holiday than this. Alongside the stunning shoreline of this gently-shelving sand and shingle bay, Armonia Beach House is a very special find.
This lovely home, located just a few metres away from the water’s edge, sits behind our Apothikes Beach Suites and though not all rooms benefit from the glorious sea views, it is only a hop and a skip away from the warm turquoise waters and a lovely beachfront spot especially reserved for Armonia residents. With sunbeds for stretching out and a delightful little boat nestled under a tamarisk tree, converted by the owner to provide additional seating, lazy days melt effortlessly into moonlit evenings in this beautiful location.
The simple furnishings and décor of the house enhance its beach-side appeal; with white-washed walls and cobalt blue woodwork creating a rustic Grecian feel. Two cosy bedrooms upstairs, a double and a twin, make it ideal for couples or families and some delightfully unusual features, including a traditional sauna downstairs and an outdoor gym, offer an extra dimension to your holiday. And tucked away in the gardens, full of delightful nooks and crannies, is a magical outdoor cinema – wonderful for watching a romantic film or a childhood favourite under the stars. As an added bonus, the owner of Armonia Beach House is a professional masseur and will be happy to treat you in a quiet corner of the garden or down on the beach, against the peaceful backdrop of waves lapping gently on the shore.
Just a gentle stroll along the beach will take you to a much-loved family taverna and the nearby Kakkos Bay Hotel offers an elegant alternative, for stylish beach-front dining. A mini-market within easy walking distance of the property, allows you to be wonderfully self-sufficient, but for those looking for a little more life Makrigialos, with its gentle shelving beaches and choice of excellent tavernas is a 20-minute drive away. Europe’s most southerly town, Ierapetra, offers an interesting and authentically Greek day out and if you can tear yourself away from the unspoilt beaches on your doorstep, you could catch a boat to uninhabited Chrissi island, where the white sand beaches and unbelievable blue of the water have a decidedly tropical feel.
- 2 bedroom villa (sleeps 2-4)
- Living/dining area with TV (English-speaking news channels)
- Kitchen with oven, hob, microwave, fridge-freezer
- Bathroom with sauna
- Double bedroom, leads to shared balcony
- Twin bedroom (only suitable for children or teenagers), leads to shared balcony
- Bathroom with shower over bath
- Complimentary WiFi
- Air-conditioned throughout
- Iron, ironing board, hairdryer, bath and beach towels provided
- Massage room (special rates available)
- Outdoor cinema
- Outdoor gym
- Outside shaded dining area
- Low balconies on upper terraces
- Steep unpaved road down to villa entrance
- All properties with WiFi are able to support basic functionality such as web browsing and checking emails*
* We aim to offer an uninterrupted service but sometimes due to factors beyond our control reliability can be affected.
National tourist licence (EOT): 1012041
- Ferma Beach 1min walk
- Taverna 1min walk
- Taverna at Kakkos Bay Hotel 5min walk (up steep hill)
- Mini-market 10min walk
- Ierapetra 20min drive
- Makrigialos 20min drive
- Agios Nikolaos 40min drive
- Heraklion Airport 1hr 35min drive
Based on the number of people travelling, the following hire car(s) are included in the package price of your holiday:
- 2-3 guests – 1 Group C, Fiat Grande Punto or similar*
- 4 guests – 1 Group D, Hyundai i30 or similar*
* All our cars include comprehensive insurance with no excess charge. For this particular destination, the undercarriage, tyres, wing mirrors and windscreen are not included in the cover.
Group C – 1.2-1.4 litre engine, 1 large and 1 small suitcase*
Group D – 1.4 litre engine, 2 large suitcases*
The following cars are available as alternatives on request (supplements apply). Please call our travel specialists for details.
Group DA – Automatic Hyundai Accent Verna or similar, 1.4 litre engine, 2 large suitcases*
Group D3 – Skoda Octavia or similar, 1.4 - 2.0 litre engine, 3 large suitcases*
Group L1 – Hyundai Tuscon 4x4 Hard Top or similar, 2.0 litre engine, 3 large suitcases*
* Suitcase sizes are based on a large suitcase being approximately 75cm x 41cm x 31cm, a medium suitcase of approximately 65cm x 46cm x 29cm and a small suitcase of 55cm x 40cm x 20cm.
Armonia is a lovely place to stay, with only a few steps to the beach. The outdoor cinema is an absolute blast, with loads of DVDs or take your favourites. The owner, Michail, is a lovely, very helpful man, and of course, the Simpson reps are exactly as good as you would expect.
Mr & Mrs Simmons – September 2019
Beautiful gardens and the outdoor cinema was amazing! Lots of places to sit in sun or shade.
Mrs D Akin – August 2019
Simpson is a brilliant company to travel with – they have thought of everything and are charming and helpful. Highly recommend.
Deborah Harwood – August 2019
Our choice of Greek properties is as diverse as the islands themselves, ranging from simple seaside charm to genuine luxury and style. Much of our portfolio is privately owned, and price alone is therefore not a universal guide. We contract all our accommodation in person, and each property has its individual appeal. To help you make the right choice based on your own priorities, we have devised a simple grading guide to be considered in conjunction with each individual property description, awarding up to a maximum of five stars for the below categories.
* For further clarification on Facilities and Amenities, please view the 'Details' tab for each property or speak to one of our experienced sales consultants.
The road from north to south Crete takes you on an inspiring journey from the exclusivity of Elounda and the elegance of lakeside Agios Nikolaos into a rugged landscape harbouring the soul food of a simpler life. From gorges and caves to the mountain communities of the beautiful Lasithi Plateau – and then on to the romantically unspoilt beaches and homely tavernas of Myrtos, Makrigialos and Ferma in the south – this is Crete at its most warmly welcoming, without artifice, where you’re a guest and never a tourist.
Discover it for yourself from a handpicked villa in The Gulf of Mirabello & South East Crete.
View holiday Booking Conditions