In this section...
- Elegant Partner Hotel
- 12 stylish suites
- Excellent central Heraklion location
- 2min walk to Archaeological Museum
- 3-night cultural itinerary included
Early bird offer... Many of our 2022 holidays are now on sale and we're promising this year's prices when you book before 30 June 2021. The offer only applies to properties where 2022 prices are listed but all other properties can still be reserved online using our Advance Registration scheme.
Within its 15th century walls, Crete’s capital Heraklion is a vibrant and cosmopolitan city with a charming pedestrianised centre and a wealth of history at its heart. The museums rival the best that Greece has to offer, and a lively café culture and impressive selection of restaurants will satisfy even the most exacting gourmands. Hard then to understand why the city is so frequently overlooked by visitors to the island and we are delighted to have found a Partner Hotel enjoying a prime position in the centre of town, so that Simpson clients can discover its secrets.
The Legacy Gastro Suites are a unique celebration of Crete’s culture and gastronomy, offering 5-star service in a beautifully restored 1950’s building overlooking Eleftherias Square. Just two-minutes’ walk from the internationally famous archaeological museum, home to the most important collection of Minoan art and artifacts anywhere in the world, the hotel’s 12 suites all enjoy sea views and strike a perfect note between contemporary chic and upmarket Mediterranean charm. The suites are inspired by three of the island’s most iconic characters; the artist and architect El Greco, Zorba the Greek author Nikos Kazantzakis, and the Cretan renaissance poet Vincenzos Kornaros. All are comfortably furnished, elegant and individually styled with some delightful 1950’s touches honouring the building’s origins. Each suite houses a wooden dresser showcasing some of Crete’s finest produce, available to enjoy during your stay or to purchase as a memento, whilst the hotel’s à la carte private dining service means it is possible to enjoy meals in your room or on your private balcony. There is also a restaurant serving regional specialities, expertly prepared using fresh local ingredients and beautifully presented to offer a feast for the eyes as well as the tastebuds.
Three-night stays at Legacy Gastro Suites
Designed to offer every comfort in an unbeatable central location, The Legacy Gastro Suites are the perfect base in Heraklion. Our 3-night package allows Simpson guests to enjoy the best of this atmospheric city whilst experiencing an introduction to the island’s famous history. Combine 3-nights here with a flexible stay at one of our other hotels in Crete or add it on to a week in one of our villas for the perfect 10-night break. If you’re feeling adventurous, we’ll even tailor make your own Cretan experience with a journey from east to west.
Your itinerary includes:
- Private transfer from Heraklion airport to Legacy Gastro Suites
- Afternoon and evening at leisure
- Morning tour of The Palace of Knossos (includes taxi transfers, entrance fees and private guide)
- Afternoon tour of Heraklion Archaeological Museum (includes entrance fees and private guide)
- Evening at leisure
- Morning and afternoon at leisure
- Minoan Theatre Experience followed by traditional meal with live music and dancing (includes taxi transfers, tickets and food)
Explore our pre-bookable experiences in Crete
- 12 suites with balcony and sea view (sleeps 2)
- Concierge service
- Reception open 24 hours/day (7 days/week)
- Breakfast included and served daily
- Legacy Gastro suites has two restaurants, Sky Lounge and dining and Gastro Bar and restaurant
- In Greece, a nominal visitor tax applies, known as the Overnight Stay Tax, which varies depending on the accommodation. During your stay at the Legacy Gastro Suites, €4.00 per night per suite must be paid locally in cash and will be collected either by the property owner or our local representative on their behalf
- Our Covid-19 pledge means your holiday is fully protected. However, there may be special conditions surrounding flexible booking at this property. For further details, please visit: /covid-pledge-flexible-booking.
- 30 to 32m2
- Complimentary WiFi
- Double bed (Kingsize bed, can be turned into twin beds on request)
- Shower room with WC
- Tea and coffee making facilities
- Iron, ironing board, hairdryer
- Private balcony with dining table and chairs
- All properties with WiFi are able to support basic functionality such as web browsing and checking emails. We aim to offer an uninterrupted service but sometimes, due to factors beyond our control, reliability can be affected.
- Daily maid service
- Laundry (payable locally)
- Restaurants/shops/museums 2min walk
- Heraklion airport 10min drive
- Knossos 15min drive
Our choice of Greek properties is as diverse as the islands themselves, ranging from simple seaside charm to genuine luxury and style. Much of our portfolio is privately owned, and price alone is therefore not a universal guide. We contract all our accommodation in person, and each property has its individual appeal. To help you make the right choice based on your own priorities, we have devised a simple grading guide to be considered in conjunction with each individual property description, awarding up to a maximum of five stars for the below categories.
* For further clarification on Facilities and Amenities, please view the 'Details' tab for each property or speak to one of our experienced sales consultants.
As the birthplace of Zeus, Central Crete carries a certain historic and spiritual gravitas. Knossos, the Minoan Bronze Age palace, steals the show, but there are many other smaller archaeological sites, churches and towns to cast you back in time. However, with harbourside dining, beautiful beaches, mountain villages and vibrant summer festivals, the here and now also has a lot to offer. And Rethymno, which has clung on to much of its authentic beauty and charm, is a welcome addition to your island experience.
View holiday Booking Conditions