In this section...
- Short walk to Kouremenos Beach
- Beautiful views
- Gentle stroll to nearest taverna
- Authentic Crete at its best
If you’re planning a holiday with little ones, you’ll probably already know that children and long hot walks don’t tend mix, which is why Villa Paleskastro is brilliant for younger families. The gorgeous sandy sweep of Kouremenos beach is just a toddler-friendly 150m from the front door, and if your little ones get fazed by the waves, you can always retreat to the pool in a matter of minutes. The villa’s pool is a pretty and private oasis, surrounded by trees with wonderful mountain views beyond, and if you want to see the sea, the front patio is a perfect vantage point. You can park yourself here with a book and a drink while the children take a nap perhaps, and at the same time admire the beautifully maintained lawned gardens, which are shared with two other villas. Eating out is convenient and very local; easier still is your villa’s own outdoor kitchen/barbecue terrace for the ultimate in relaxed family dining.
Of course, you don’t have to bring the family to get the most out of Villa Palekastro: with the beach, tavernas and a windsurf school and bar all within easy strolling distance, this cosy house will appeal just as much to couples looking for a really relaxing seaside escape in an authentically Cretan area. Your holiday includes a hire car, and this is an ideal base from which to discover the wilder side of Crete, from authentic little towns like nearby Palekastro, to the sleepy villages and unspoilt eastern coastline, where the beaches remain crowd-free even in the height of summer.
- 2 bedroom villa (sleeps 4)
- Suitable for families with children under 12
- Open plan living/dining/kitchen area with TV.
- Fully equipped kitchen includes full cooker, microwave, ILLY Mitaca coffee capsule machine, fridge-freezer, dishwasher
- Newly refurbished shower room
- 7 steps up to double bedroom; Doors to pool and terrace
- Steps up to twin bedroom accessed through double bedroom; suitable for children under 12
- Complimentary wifi
- Air-conditioned bedrooms
- Iron, Ironing board, hair dryer, bath and pool towels provided
- Laundry service available
- Shared extensvie lawned garden
- Private swimming pool 8m x 4m (depth 1.5m) with walk-in steps
- Shared entrance with two other villas
- Parking space
- All properties with wifi are able to support basic functionality such as web browsing and checking emails*
* We aim to offer an uninterrupted service but sometimes due to factors beyond our control reliability can be affected.
National tourist licence (EOT): 1040Κ10000014500
- Beach 5min walk
- Windsurf bar and taverna 5min walk
- Chiona Beach and taverna 15min walk
- Palekastro shops/tavernas 5min drive
- Vai 20min drive
- Sitia 25min drive
- Heraklion airport 2hr 45min drive
Based on the number of people travelling, the following hire car(s) are included in the package price of your holiday:
- 2-3 guests – 1 Group C, Fiat Grande Punto or similar*
- 4 guests – 1 Group D, Hyundai i30 or similar*
* All our cars include comprehensive insurance with no excess charge. For this particular destination, the undercarriage, tyres, wing mirrors and windscreen are not included in the cover.
Group C – 1.2-1.4 litre engine, 1 large and 1 small suitcase*
Group D – 1.4 litre engine, 2 large suitcases*
The following cars are available as alternatives on request (supplements apply). Please call our travel specialists for details.
Group F1 – Fiat Doblo or similar, 1.6-2.0 litre engine, no suitcases with full occupancy*
Group G1 – Fiat Scudo 9 seater or similar, 2.0 litre engine, 3 large suitcases*
Group DA – Automatic Hyundai Accent Verna or similar, 1.4 litre engine, 2 large suitcases*
Group L1 – Hyundai Tuscon 4x4 Hard Top or similar, 2.0 litre engine, 3 large suitcases*
* Suitcase sizes are based on a large suitcase being approximately 75cm x 41cm x 31cm, a medium suitcase of approximately 65cm x 46cm x 29cm and a small suitcase of 55cm x 40cm x 20cm.
A great sunny week. The villa is very comfortable and everything was provided for us. We visited all the popular beaches, we swam in the sea every day and a pre-breakfast swim in the pool. Thank you to Evie for her welcome!
The Rushbrookes – October 2017
Just what we needed – an extremely relaxing holiday in a beautiful, authentic part of Crete. This is our second holiday in Crete with Simpson Travel, and this one is definitely the best so far. The villa is great, quiet and beautifully maintained. The location is great, with lots of small tavernas in town to choose from, always with friendly service and a smile. Everywhere we went was no more than 30 minutes away, which meant we could make the most of the villa pool for a lazy breakfast and swim. Thank you to Evie for your great recommendations and the present!
The Bristol Family – October 2017
We booked Villa Palekastro in Crete for myself and my wife. There are two other villas nearby, managed by the owner, but the layout is good as no villa overlooks another. The location is good, near the beach with several good tavernas nearby. The representative was excellent as we have found with all Simpson Travel reps. Booking staff and the overall organisation is excellent and for a villa holiday in the Med we would always use and recommend them. Their local reps are all reliable and we have used Simpson Travel in Corsica twice, Turkey twice and Mallorca once, as well as this time in Crete. The attention to detail is what sets them apart from others.
Mr Le Coyte – September 2017
We have had a lovely time in this beautiful villa. The weather has been perfect and we have enjoyed the pool and local beaches. Evie was incredibly helpful and friendly and Ellie kept the place in great shape. Thanks to all the team who looked after the villa!
Jeremy & Helen – September 2017
This is our first stay in a Simpson Travel villa and our first time in Crete. We have loved them both! The drive over the mountains was really lovely, and then the views of the bright blue seas for the first time were very seducing. We visited Xerokampos which was a beautiful beach, lovely and safe for our 7-year-old. Clear blue sea which is great for snorkelling. There are many little beaches around here so it does not really matter when you turn off the road towards the beach. Then we found Itamos, there is nothing there but beach and sea but it is so beautiful! The snorkelling was great off the beach to the left as you park. We have also enjoyed the villa and swimming pool time also. Thanks also go to Evie for being so helpful and Ellie the maid who was amazing. A week was not enough! Crete and its people have been so lovely.
Ralph, Helen & Barnaby – August 2017
Comfortable, easy villa – close to sea and village. Lovely area, friendly people, great beaches and walking.
Mr McLellan – June 2017
Suffice to say we had a great fortnight! Ellie keeps the place spotless and is always charming and helpful. Her husband looks after the pool and grounds. He's always been friendly too as has the lovely, charming Evie who instantly responded to our texts or WhatsApp messages for any help to ensure we have a great holiday.
John & Dave – June 2017
Our choice of Greek properties is as diverse as the islands themselves, ranging from simple seaside charm to genuine luxury and style. Much of our portfolio is privately owned, and price alone is therefore not a universal guide. We contract all our accommodation in person, and each property has its individual appeal. To help you make the right choice based on your own priorities, we have devised a simple grading guide to be considered in conjunction with each individual property description, awarding up to a maximum of five stars for the below categories.
* For further clarification on Facilities and Amenities, please view the 'Details' tab for each property or speak to one of our experienced sales consultants.
If you prefer the great outdoors still largely unspoilt, Eastern Crete should be on your list. From picturesque walking trails to dramatic gorges, Blue Flag beaches to windsurfing hotspots, it offers nature both wild and peaceful – and a host of traditional villages scattered in between, including Palekastro.
Should you need to touch base with more contemporary pursuits, Crete’s most easterly town, Sitia, will be happy to oblige with its shops, festival venue and restaurant-lined waterfront.
To base yourself in this ruggedly beautiful destination, visit our collection of handpicked villas in and around Palekastro and East Crete.
View holiday Booking Conditions