In this section...
- Stunning contemporary villa
- Mesmerising sea views
- Close to vibrant Sitia
- Discover authentic Eastern Crete
Perched on a hillside overlooking nearby Sitia and the sea, shiny new Isidora sums up everything we look for in a Simpson Travel villa. Laden with contemporary style and comfort, it comes with mesmerising views and is just a ten-minute drive from a charming and still very authentically Cretan town.
A location like this is a gift for an architect – and one that has not been squandered. With floor-to-ceiling glass, a double-height living space and natural, seaside-inspired colours, the villa is light-filled and airy, with magnificent views from the terraces, gardens and swimming pool. Clever design means that while the views are huge, the pool and its attractive stone terrace are nicely private, so you can enjoy this sublime spot in peace all day long and into the soft rosy glow of a Cretan evening.
The villa works well for a family with older children offering three en-suite bedrooms and generous living space both inside and out. The terrace is a perfect setting for relaxed family meals, but you’ll also want to explore the wonderful tavernas and ouzeries along the seafront in Sitia. With a sandy beach and attractive hillside setting, Sitia is one of the most appealing towns in the area where low-key tourism rubs along happily with the altogether more ancient trades of olive growing and wine producing. The stunning beach of Vai (a 30-minute drive away) is undeniably more touristy, but worth a visit to experience the only palm tree forest in Europe, and the remainder of this unspoilt eastern end of the island is easily explored by hire car.
- 3 bedroom villa (sleeps 2-6)
- Open-plan living/dining/kitchen area with Satellite/Smart TV and fireplace; sliding doors lead out to terrace
- Fully-equipped modern kitchen includes full cooker, Illy coffee machine (pods not supplied), microwave, fridge-freezer, dishwasher
- Office area
- Gallery seating area looking down to living area; sliding doors lead out to balcony
- Master double bedroom with en-suite Jacuzzi bathroom and walk-in wardrobe; leads out to balcony
- Double/twin bedroom
- Shower room
- Laundry room
Lower ground floor
- Private entrance or internal access
- Seating area with sofa-bed
- Small double bedroom
- Shower room
- Air-conditioning in seating area only, but will cool both rooms
- Access to pool, terrace and gardens
- Complimentary wifi
- Private parking space
- Washing machine
- Iron, ironing board, hair dryer, bath and pool towels provided
- Olive grove garden
- Private swimming pool 9.8m x 3m (depth 0.4m – 1.65m), steps into pool
- Sharp turn into steep access road to villa
- All properties with wifi are able to support basic functionality such as web browsing and checking emails*
* We aim to offer an uninterrupted service but sometimes due to factors beyond our control reliability can be affected
National tourist licence (EOT): 0829K10TK7644001
- Roussa Ekklisia village shops/tavernas 5min drive
- Sitia 10min drive
- Beach 10min drive
- Palekastro 20min drive
- Vai Palm forest beach 25min drive
- Heraklion airport 2hr 15min drive
Based on the number of people travelling, the following hire car(s) are included in the package price of your holiday:
- 2-3 guests – 1 Group C, Fiat Grande Punto or similar*
- 4-5 guests – 1 Group D, Hyundai i30 or similar*
- 6 guests – 2 Group C, Fiat Grande Punto or similar*
* All our cars include comprehensive insurance with no excess charge. For this particular destination, the undercarriage, tyres, wing mirrors and windscreen are not included in the cover.
Group C – 1.2-1.4 litre engine, 1 large suitcase*
Group D – 1.4 litre engine, 2 large suitcases*
The following cars are available as alternatives on request (supplements apply). Please call our travel specialists for details.
Group F1 – Fiat Doblo or similar, 1.6-2.0 litre engine, no suitcases with full occupancy*
Group G1 – Fiat Scudo 9 seater or similar, 2.0 litre engine, 3 large suitcases*
Group DA – Automatic Hyundai Accent Verna or similar, 1.4 litre engine, 2 large suitcases*.
Group L1 – Hyundai Tuscon 4x4 Hard Top or similar, 2.0 litre engine, 3 large suitcases*
* Suitcase sizes are based on a large suitcase being approximately 75cm x 41cm x 31cm, a medium suitcase of approximately 65cm x 46cm x 29cm and a small suitcase of 55cm x 40cm x 20cm.
Villa Isidora (or the peaceful villa) has been a delight to stay at. Any problems were sorted out with a phone call to Evie very quickly. The cleaners are just first class and came twice a week. Having visited the west side of Crete for many years we thoroughly enjoyed this more authentically Greek East side. There is so much to see and do we feel we have only managed to touch the surface in this fantastic part of Crete. We have had a wonderful 2 weeks.
Roz, Martin & Xanthe – August 2017
Congratulations on picking such a great villa and fantastic area of Crete . This was our first visit and we were surprised by the empty beaches and roads, even in the prime holiday season of August Bank Holiday. In common with other comments, we recommend the beach at Xerocampos. Beautiful sand, pretty empty and a spectacular drive home over the mountains. Evie was fabulous, with lots of great suggestions about what to do and always on hand to answer any query. The cleaners were also first-class, leaving the place spotless. We hope you have an excellent holiday and enjoy this superb property and part of the world as much as we have done.
Caroline & Roger – August 2017
Villa Isidora is just brilliant - please don't book it, we want to go again
Mr Awenat – August 2017
Let us be the first to share our wonderful 2 week holiday at this amazing villa. Beaches; we spent most of our time at a lovely beach next to Xerocampos. The beach was right by a small taverna and has sunbeds and umbrellas... We hope you enjoy your stay as much as we have. Evie was a great help & always on hand to answer all of our questions, even on a sunday.
Johnny & Linda – July 2017
Our choice of Greek properties is as diverse as the islands themselves, ranging from simple seaside charm to genuine luxury and style. Much of our portfolio is privately owned, and price alone is therefore not a universal guide. We contract all our accommodation in person, and each property has its individual appeal. To help you make the right choice based on your own priorities, we have devised a simple grading guide to be considered in conjunction with each individual property description, awarding up to a maximum of five stars for the below categories.
* For further clarification on Facilities and Amenities, please view the 'Details' tab for each property or speak to one of our experienced sales consultants.
If you prefer the great outdoors still largely unspoilt, Eastern Crete should be on your list. From picturesque walking trails to dramatic gorges, Blue Flag beaches to windsurfing hotspots, it offers nature both wild and peaceful – and a host of traditional villages scattered in between, including Palekastro.
Should you need to touch base with more contemporary pursuits, Crete’s most easterly town, Sitia, will be happy to oblige with its shops, festival venue and restaurant-lined waterfront.
To base yourself in this ruggedly beautiful destination, visit our collection of handpicked villas in and around Palekastro and East Crete.
View holiday Booking Conditions