In this section...
- Beachfront location
- Authentic Crete
- Short walk to tavernas
- Close to Palekastro
Crete is often cited as the best of all the Greek islands for a beach holiday, and whilst there are quite a few contenders for that accolade, we think that these wonderful new contemporary villas are an unbeatable choice for any beach-loving couple.
Muses Beach Villas are four, independent, one-bedroom villas on the edge of sandy Kouremenos Beach: Erato, Cleo, Urania and Thalia, the second villa back from the beach. Generously sized for two, each offers immaculate interiors and is well equipped with everything you could need. Think of it as beach life with all the comforts of home thrown in. The plot is also substantial for just four villas, allowing space for private pools, individual patios and a good glimpse of the sea from each. Privacy matters too of course, so the houses are staggered to ensure as much seclusion as possible and if you really want to get away from it all, take a wander along Kouremenos beach, which is rarely crowded, even in high of season.
We first offered holidays in this part of Crete back in the 1980s and returning recently, we were a little nervous about how it might have changed. Thankfully, the beaches, villages and traditional town of Palekastro remain reassuringly unspoilt and we were welcomed by old acquaintances with the unfailing hospitality that so typifies this wonderful island.
There are several charming tavernas within walking distance of Thalia, where you can indulge in traditional cuisine and local Sitia wine, so if you’ve come in search of a solar recharge and some shoe-free downtime, this is the ideal spot. But if you’ve a passion for exploring, the rugged drama of the eastern Crete mountains and coastline is incredibly rewarding.
Muses Beach Villas
- A cluster of four one-bedroom villas on Kouremenos Beach
- Thalia is the second villa from the beach
- Villas are staggered to retain as much privacy from each other as possible
- The villas share a driveway entrance, but benefit from private swimming pools, gardens and terraces
- 1 bedroom single story villa (sleeps 2)
- Open plan living/dining/kitchen area with Satellite TV; Sliding doors to patio
- Fully equipped kitchen includes full cooker, microwave, fridge-freezer and dishwasher
- Double bedroom; sliding doors to patio
- Shower room
- Complimentary wifi
- Air-conditioned throughout
- Iron, ironing board, hairdryer, bath and pool towels provided
- Washing machine
- Barbecue and spacious shaded terrace
- Swimming pool 8m x 4m (depth 1.5m), walk-in steps
- Parking space
- A torch is recommended when walking back from local tavernas in the evening
- Nearest taverna offers delivery service at no extra charge
- Masseuse available for villa visits (payable locally)
- All properties with wifi are able to support basic functionality such as web browsing and checking emails*
* We aim to offer an uninterrupted service but sometimes due to factors beyond our control reliability can be affected.
- Kouremenos Beach 1min walk
- Taverna 3min walk
- Chiona Beach and tavernas 10min walk
- Palekastro shops/tavernas 8min drive
- Vai 20min drive
- Sitia 25min drive
- Heraklion airport 2hr 45min drive
Based on the number of people travelling, the following hire car(s) are included in the package price of your holiday:
- 2 guests – 1 Group C, Fiat Grande Punto or similar*
* All our cars include comprehensive insurance with no excess charge. For this particular destination, the undercarriage, tyres, wing mirrors and windscreen are not included in the cover.
Group C – 1.2-1.4 litre engine, 1 large and 1 small suitcase*
The following cars are available as alternatives on request (supplements apply). Please call our travel specialists for details.
Group D – Hyundai i30 or similar, 1.4 litre engine, 2 large suitcases*
Group F1 – Fiat Doblo or similar, 1.6-2.0 litre engine, no suitcases with full occupancy*
Group G1 – Fiat Scudo 9 seater or similar, 2.0 litre engine, 3 large suitcases*
Group DA – Automatic Hyundai Accent Verna or similar, 1.4 litre engine, 2 large suitcases*
Group L1 – Hyundai Tuscon 4x4 Hard Top or similar, 2.0 litre engine, 3 large suitcases*
* Suitcase sizes are based on a large suitcase being approximately 75cm x 41cm x 31cm, a medium suitcase of approximately 65cm x 46cm x 29cm and a small suitcase of 55cm x 40cm x 20cm.
Simply exquisite, how can you not fall in love with the place? The east coast of Crete definitely has the charm that we felt when we first visited back in the 90's. True, unspoiled landscape with local hospitality to match.
Oliver, Chrissie & Charlie – September 2017
It has been lovely to be back in Crete again with such friendly, hospitable people. The villa was superbly equipped and very comfortable - the owner brought us delicious figs!
Ross & John – September 2017
Simply wonderful! We have loved our time here, it has been glorious; with a great location, weather and people what more could you wish for?
Julia & Adrian – August 2017
Our choice of Greek properties is as diverse as the islands themselves, ranging from simple seaside charm to genuine luxury and style. Much of our portfolio is privately owned, and price alone is therefore not a universal guide. We contract all our accommodation in person, and each property has its individual appeal. To help you make the right choice based on your own priorities, we have devised a simple grading guide to be considered in conjunction with each individual property description, awarding up to a maximum of five stars for the below categories.
* For further clarification on Facilities and Amenities, please view the 'Details' tab for each property or speak to one of our experienced sales consultants.
If you prefer the great outdoors still largely unspoilt, Eastern Crete should be on your list. From picturesque walking trails to dramatic gorges, Blue Flag beaches to windsurfing hotspots, it offers nature both wild and peaceful – and a host of traditional villages scattered in between, including Palekastro.
Should you need to touch base with more contemporary pursuits, Crete’s most easterly town, Sitia, will be happy to oblige with its shops, festival venue and restaurant-lined waterfront.
To base yourself in this ruggedly beautiful destination, visit our collection of handpicked villas in and around Palekastro and East Crete.
View holiday Booking Conditions