In this section...
- Stunning Provençal villa
- Attractive and spacious gardens
- Surrounded by beautiful woodland
- Walking distance to Gordes restaurants
A 15-minute walk from Gordes – perhaps the most sought-after of all the Luberon villages – Mas des Cyprès is an elegant country house, built in traditional style from pale golden stone and cocooned by extensive mature woodland. Once you arrive at the villa, you could spend your entire holiday here without using the car, though it would be shame not to spend just a little time exploring the nearby villages and countryside.
With three Michelin-starred restaurants and numerous art workshops and galleries, Gordes has plenty of diversions for the culturally minded, but this three-bedroom villa will also appeal to parents with children who need to let off a little holiday steam. Apart from the obvious attraction of the swimming pool, there’s a decent-sized lawn for badminton or a gentle kick about and a play area with a trampoline, slide and swings. The pool terrace is romantically lit at night, so if you don’t fancy a full-on French dinner out, you can settle in here for a relaxed family meal or drinks beneath a canopy of stars. During the day you’ll find lots of lovely spots to sit in the sun or the shade around the house and two of the bedrooms open directly onto a terrace, making it easy to slip outside for morning sun.
The local area
Gordes is full of excellent places to eat, from pavement cafés to fine-dining restaurants where advance bookings are a must. The Tuesday market is fantastically photogenic and a good place to pick up little gifts such as lavender or linens as well as local honey, sausage and jam. The village is arranged in tiers around the Renaissance château, with splendid views over plains of olive groves, cherry orchards and pastureland. Gordes may be the pin-up Provençal village, but there are many others within a 20 to 30-minute drive, including Bonnieux, Ménerbes, Roussillon and Lacoste. If you need to stretch your legs, there are hiking paths and bike routes all around, plus an 18-hole golf course at Saumane (20km). Gordes lies in one of the main lavender-growing regions, and the purple fields are a spectacular sight from June to August; fans of this magical plant should visit the Musée de la Lavande at nearby Coustellet, which also has an excellent deli for picnic supplies.
Explore our pre-bookable experiences in Provence
- 3 bedroom villa (sleeps 2-6)
- Fully equipped kitchen includes electric hob, oven, Nespresso coffee machine, toaster, microwave, fridge, freezer, dishwasher, dining table
- 2 double bedrooms (160cm beds)
- Shower room
- Double bedroom (160cm bed) with en suite bathroom and WC
- Complimentary WiFi
- Air-conditioned throughout
- Simpson Travel telephone representative
- Open staircase
- Washing machine and tumble dryer
- TV with Satellite, DVD and Blu-Ray player
- iPod dock
- Gas barbecue
- Private swimming pool 7 x 4m (depth 1m – 2.5m), electric security cover, 3 steps, pool can be heated
- Some drops and low walls in the garden and terrace
- For further information on Terms and Conditions specific to this French property please click here
- Check-in time: 4.00pm – 7.00pm
- Arrival 7pm – 9pm at a supplement
- Check-out time: 10.00am
- All properties with WiFi are able to support basic functionality such as web browsing and checking emails*
* We aim to offer an uninterrupted service but sometimes due to factors beyond our control reliability can be affected.
- Bed linen, bath and pool towels are provided
- Weekly linen change for stays of two weeks or more
- End of stay clean included
- Heating not included in April, May and October (€300 supplement if requested)
- Cook available on request
- Services payable locally
- Prices quoted are subject to change
- TGV stations
- Restaurants (Gordes) 15min walk
- Shops (Gordes) 15min walk
- St-Rémy-de-Provence 50min drive
- Avignon 55min drive
- Marseille airport 1hr 5min drive
Our choice of French properties is diverse, ranging from simple charm to genuine luxury and style. Much of our portfolio is privately owned, and price alone is therefore not a universal guide. We contract all our accommodation in person, and each property has its individual appeal.
To help you make the right choice based on your own priorities, we have devised a simple grading guide to be considered in conjunction with each individual property description, awarding up to a maximum of five stars for the below categories.
* For further clarification on Facilities and Amenities, please view the 'Details' tab for each property or speak to one of our experienced sales consultants.
There’s no better way to while away leisurely holiday hours than by visiting the boutiques, chic cafés and flower markets of elegant Aix-en-Provence or wandering the cobbled streets of the beautiful hilltop village of Gordes. And in Provence the past is ever-present in Tarascon’s Medieval, Romanesque and Gothic influences and the Roman amphitheatre in Arles.
Introduce fragrant fields of lavender, rolling hills and the red salt lagoons of the nearby Camargue National Park and before you lies a holiday destination to rival any other, complemented by our selection of handpicked luxury villas to help you make the most of your luxury holiday in Provence.
Explore our pre-bookable experiences in Provence
BookingMultiple.mustache file to be converted
View holiday Booking Conditions