In this section...
- Simpson Exclusive
- Elegant contemporary villa
- Beautiful spacious gardens
- 16m heated pool
- Perfectly private
- 2-minute walk to beach
For an elegant house party just a stone’s throw from the beach, with every modern comfort and a bounty of upmarket Ile de Ré style, Villa les Grenettes is unbeatable.
The creative flair and imaginative design of this stunning villa take contemporary chic and quiet good taste to a whole new level. A state-of-the-art kitchen and spacious open-plan dining area, several beautifully furnished living rooms and seven luxurious bedrooms are housed in two connected wings; ideal for a social gathering that’s as relaxed as it is harmonious. French windows and folding doors allow a seamless flow between inside and out and the spacious terrace offers a choice of comfortable seating for relaxed lounging and dining. A splendid heated pool is an inviting focal point in the lush tropical gardens which are a particular feature of the property; affording seclusion and privacy they are also home to a wonderfully indulgent summer kitchen and shaded dining area, blissful for sociable alfresco meals.
Villa les Grenettes is situated in a quiet residential area to the north of the charming centre of Sainte-Marie, the oldest of the island’s ten villages and one of the most peaceful. Returning to this tranquil retreat after a day at the beach or exploring the island’s towns and villages is a true joy; in fact, the difficult bit will be tearing yourself away in the first place.
The Local Area
A 2-minute walk from the golden sands of unspoilt Plage des Grenettes, the villa is an ideal base for anyone who wants to put beach life at the heart of their holiday. Popular with bathers and bodyboarders yet never overcrowded, this is a lovely natural corner of the island. Cycle paths lead through the woods to the busier beaches around La Bois Plage where there are plenty of watersports and supervised activities for children in the summer months and there are lovely trails leading across the island to Saint Martin and La Flotte as well. For day-to-day provisions and services, La Noue (2km) is a short cycle ride away; host to a supermarket, boulangerie and a couple of restaurants, whilst the excellent daily market in Le Bois Plage can be reached in around 15-minutes.
- 7 bedroom villa (sleeps 10 maximum)
South wing ground floor
- Kitchen/dining area with state-of-the-art kitchen, access to terrace
- Laundry room
- Guest WC
- Living area with fireplace, access to terrace
- TV room
- 2 double bedrooms (160cm bed) both with access to small private terraces
- Shower room with WC
North wing ground floor
- Living room
- Master bedroom (180cm bed) with en-suite shower room with WC, dressing area, access to pool terrace
- Double bedroom (160cm bed, can be converted into a twin on request) with en-suite bathroom with shower over bath and WC, access to terrace
- Twin bedroom (90cm beds) with en-suite shower room (no WC)
- 2 double bedrooms (160cm beds)
- Shower room with WC
- Separate WC
- Complimentary WiFi
- Iron, ironing board and hairdryer
- Simpson pool/beach towels provided
- Cot and high chair available
- iPod speaker system
- DVD player
- Smoking is not permitted in the house
- Pets are not permitted
- Shaded dining area
- Outdoor shower
- Private heated swimming pool 16m x 5m
- Children’s swing
- Vegetable garden
- Ample parking on the property
- Nearby activities include cycling, horse riding, oyster-tasting, water sports, boat trips
- Can be rented along with nearby Villa Noysbé for larger groups
- All properties with WiFi are able to support basic functionality such as web browsing and checking emails*
* We aim to offer an uninterrupted service but sometimes due to factors beyond our control reliability can be affected.
Villa access times
- Check-in time – 5.00-7.00pm
- Check-out time – 10.00am
- Daily cleaning Monday-Friday
- Weekly change of linen and towels
Simpson family extras
- Complimentary infant pack
- Car seats and booster seats can be provided at a supplement, subject to availability
- To pre-book any of our family extras please call 020 8392 5858.
- Nearest restaurant 12min walk (1km)
- Nearest shops 14min walk (1.1km)
- Supermarket 3min drive (2km)
- La Rochelle 30min drive (via Ile de Ré toll bridge)
Our choice of French properties is diverse, ranging from simple charm to genuine luxury and style. Much of our portfolio is privately owned, and price alone is therefore not a universal guide. We contract all our accommodation in person, and each property has its individual appeal.
To help you make the right choice based on your own priorities, we have devised a simple grading guide to be considered in conjunction with each individual property description, awarding up to a maximum of five stars for the below categories.
* For further clarification on Facilities and Amenities, please view the 'Details' tab for each property or speak to one of our experienced sales consultants.
Described as the Pearl of the Atlantic, Ile de Ré has long since been on the radar of upmarket Parisians, sailors and sophisticates, famed for the beauty of its contrasting landscapes and the refined elegance of its towns and villages. The island’s ease of access and well-marked cycle trails afford a realistic opportunity for a car-free holiday and with 100km of glorious unspoilt coastline, a micro-climate that makes it one of the sunniest regions in France and a way of life that celebrates nature and conservation, this chic little island is an enchanting destination for beach-lovers, foodies and anyone looking to embrace the great outdoors.
Every Simpson Exclusive Villa includes our complimentary Concierge Service, designed to make your holiday experience as relaxing and seamless as possible.
It includes our dedicated pre-departure services to help you plan the details of your trip before you leave the UK, from the logistics of your journey to the personal requests that will make your time away truly magical.
Drawing on our experience and extensive local knowledge, we will do our utmost to accommodate any feasible request.
However, as a minimum, we can arrange:
- UK airport hotels and parking
- UK airport lounge access
- Private chef service
- Grocery shopping and delivery
- Restaurant recommendations and reservations
- In-villa massage and beauty treatments
- Boat hire and excursions
- Private jets
Once you reach your destination, our local Concierge will be on hand to offer any further advice or assistance.
View holiday Booking Conditions