In this section...
- Spacious and contemporary
- Heated swimming pool
- Beach 300m
- Walking distance to shops and restaurants
- Guest annexe
Minimum 14-night stay... between 30 July and 20 August 2022.
Charming La Flotte is one of the oldest and most attractive of the ten villages on the Ile de Ré, and this smart five-bedroom villa puts you within strolling distance of all its considerable charm. The house is built in two sections, creating a protective L-shape around the heated swimming pool, and with it a delightful sense of seclusion. You could happily while away hours or even days in this pretty, landscaped space, tucked away from passers-by but with everything you need close to hand.
The main house is beautifully finished, and holds the bulk of the interior living space, plus a master suite and two bedrooms. Further accommodation – ideal for older kids – is provided in the two-bedroom annexe, but for us the real appeal of this place is the barefoot, indoor/outdoor feeling provided by huge glass doors that open up all the social areas to large courtyard garden and the pool. A covered dining area creates a natural gathering point for a quiet game of cards or a lively family barbecue, and if you’re travelling with teens who’d rather find their own entertainment, L'Arnérault beach is just 300 metres away. Whatever your age, the emphasis here is on absolute comfort, with extras such as a private sauna, fireplace and family games table making this a delightful oasis even in the early or late season months.
A gentle 15-minute stroll takes you through town to the harbour where you can watch the leisure craft come and go or sample the freshest possible oysters at one of several family-run establishments which have tempted the palates La Flotte’s most discerning visitors for over 50 years. As the day fades into evening, the harbour comes even more to life as diners savour a perfectly chilled aperitif and cast an expert eye over menus. With shops, restaurants and the beach all within comfortable walking distance, Villa du Préau works for all kinds of groups and makes a very stylish base for an extended family gathering.
La Flotte harbour (1km) is the social hub of the village, surrounded by shops, cafes and restaurants that add to its classic island charm. Here you’ll find everything you need for day to day food shopping in its bakeries, delis and daily summer market, and some very appealing restaurants. If you’d like to see more of delightful Ré, bikes are your best bet. Trails connect La Flotte with the island capital St Martin de Ré (6km) and all the other island attractions, from beaches to oyster beds and numerous coastal villages. Less visited than the UNESCO-protected Vauban walls at St Martin but no less impressive is Fort La Prée, a 17th century defensive masterpiece with delightful coastal views. There are many wonderful beaches within a 5km ride of the villa, most offering a life guard service in July and August plus a range of watersports including wind and kite-surfing, body and paddle-boarding.
- 5 bedroom villa (sleeps 2-10)
Ground floor main house
- L-shaped living/dining room with fireplace and TV (French channels); TV seating corner
- Kitchen includes oven, hob, microwave, Nespresso coffee machine, fridge-freezer, dishwasher, doors lead to courtyard garden and pool
- Double bedroom (160cm bed); with en suite bathroom with hand-held shower
- 2 guest WCs
- Laundry room
- Open staircase to first floor (children to be supervised at all times)
First floor main house
- Double bedroom (160cm bed) with small en-suite shower room
- Double bedroom (160cm bed)
- Children’s room with cot & convertible sofa bed; en suite bath with shower attachment
- Guest WC
- 2 double bedrooms (160cm beds) accessed from pool/terrace
- Shower room with separate WC
- Complimentary WiFi
- Cot and highchair available
- Iron, ironing board, hairdryer, pool and bath towels provided
- Washing machine and dryer
- Outside dining
- Private heated swimming pool 11m x 3.5m, electric cover
- 1 garage parking space and one in front of the house
- No pets permitted
- Bookings are for a minimum of 14 nights during the first 3 weeks of August
- For further information on Terms and Conditions specific to this French property please click here
- All properties with WiFi are able to support basic functionality such as web browsing and checking emails*
* We aim to offer an uninterrupted service but sometimes due to factors beyond our control reliability can be affected.
Villa access times
- Check-in time – 5.00-7.00pm
- Late arrival supplement of €50 for arrivals after 7.00pm (latest arrival time 10.00pm)
- Check-out time – 10.00am
La Rochelle 20km
- Ferry ports
- TGV stations
La Rochelle 23km
- Plage de L'Arnérault (300m)
- La Flotte (market, boulangerie, shops, restaurants) 15min walk (1km)
- Watersports beaches 5km
Below are some of the flight options available. Schedules and routes are subject to change, please check with the airline for the most up to date information.
|Departure airport||Airline||Flight days||Seasonality|
|London Gatwick||easyJet||Saturday||13 Jun – 19 Sep|
|Manchester||Jet2||Saturday||23 May – 19 Sep|
|London Stansted||Ryanair / Jet2||Saturday||All season|
|Leeds||Jet2||Saturday||23 May – 19 Sep|
|Bristol||easyJet||Saturday||27 Jun – 29 Aug|
Our choice of French properties is diverse, ranging from simple charm to genuine luxury and style. Much of our portfolio is privately owned, and price alone is therefore not a universal guide. We contract all our accommodation in person, and each property has its individual appeal.
To help you make the right choice based on your own priorities, we have devised a simple grading guide to be considered in conjunction with each individual property description, awarding up to a maximum of five stars for the below categories.
* For further clarification on Facilities and Amenities, please view the 'Details' tab for each property or speak to one of our experienced sales consultants.
Described as the Pearl of the Atlantic, Ile de Ré has long since been on the radar of upmarket Parisians, sailors and sophisticates, famed for the beauty of its contrasting landscapes and the refined elegance of its towns and villages. The island’s ease of access and well-marked cycle trails afford a realistic opportunity for a car-free holiday and with 100km of glorious unspoilt coastline, a micro-climate that makes it one of the sunniest regions in France and a way of life that celebrates nature and conservation, this chic little island is an enchanting destination for beach-lovers, foodies and anyone looking to embrace the great outdoors.
View holiday Booking Conditions