In this section...
- Sought-after Le Bois Plage location
- Comfortable and contemporary
- Walking distance to shops and restaurants
- Plage des Gollandières 7min walk
- Heated swimming pool
- Private sauna
Minimum 14-night stay... between 30 July and 27 August 2022.
This contemporary, excellently-equipped holiday home enjoys an absolutely prime spot, nestled into its own garden midway between Le Bois Plage market and the beautiful wide beach after which it’s named. It’s just a seven-minute walk from your front door to the golden sand, which means that once you arrive you can easily dispense with the car for the whole holiday. This make the whole experience so much more relaxing for all: ideal if you have older children who like the freedom to come and go as they please, and a huge bonus when you want to have a glass or two of wine while you’re out.
The villa is generously sized, wrapped around a heated swimming pool with an attractive wooden deck. You can step straight from your bedroom onto the sun-warmed timbers before a morning swim or an indulgent breakfast of still-warm baguette as you plan the day. Top quality food is an integral part of an Ile de Ré holiday, and whether you’re browsing for deli specialities at the market, shucking oysters at a cabane or sampling wine from the vineyards that surround Le Bois Plage, everything is within easy reach. The island’s huge network of cycle trails will take you anywhere you want to go on two wheels, and if you rent bicycles or bring your own, the house has its own garage for safe and convenient storage of bikes, boards and more. The combination of stylish comfort and unbeatable location makes this a particularly good choice for an early or late season break, with the luxury of a private sauna to return to after an active day on the water, and a delightful sun-trap created by the walled garden.
Le Bois Plage offers everything you need for a sophisticated yet family-friendly beach holiday, with beaches, watersports, restaurants, cafes and a popular covered market bursting with seasonal local produce as well as homewares. Each of the local beaches has its own particular character; some are deliberately untouched, while others have handy facilities that make a day out a breeze, even with little ones. For more organised activity, there are numerous opportunities for sailing, windsurfing, paddle-boarding, surfing, kayaking and more. Le Bois Plage sits in the middle of Ré, just a 10-minute bike ride from the island capital and UNESCO World Heritage site of St Martin, full of tempting speciality shops and restaurants in its cobbled old town streets. Sunset from Plage de la Conche (15km) is a romantic way to end the day, or take a bike tour round the salt marshes and oyster beds that are such a key part of the island’s heritage and landscape.
- 4 bedroom house
- Kitchen with island/breakfast bar and oven, hob, microwave, coffee-maker, fridge-freezer and dishwasher
- Open-plan living/dining area with flat screen Smart TV with French channels, Blueray DVD player
- Master bedroom with 180cm double bed and en suite bathroom including a sauna for 2 people, bathtub, shower and WC; doors open to terrace
- Double bedroom with 160cm bed, en suite shower room and adjacent WC; doors open to terrace
- 2 x double/twin bedrooms, both with 160cm double convertible to 2x 80cm twins, open on to terrace
- Shower room with WC
- Complimentary WiFi
- Cot and high chair available
- Iron, ironing board and hairdryer provided
- Laundry room with dryer & washing machine
- Simpson pool/beach towels provided
- Garage for storing bikes & beach equipment
- Enclosed, landscaped garden
- Private heated swimming pool, 8m x 4m
- Smoking is not permitted anywhere on the property
- Pets are not permitted
- Bookings are for a minimum of 14 nights in August
- For further information on Terms and Conditions specific to this French property please click here
- All properties with WiFi are able to support basic functionality such as web browsing and checking emails*
* We aim to offer an uninterrupted service but sometimes due to factors beyond our control reliability can be affected.
- Check-in time – 5.00-7.00pm
- Late arrival supplement of €50 for arrivals after 7.00pm (latest arrival time 10.00pm)
- Check-out time – 10.00am
- Weekly clean and linen change for stays of two weeks or more
Optional services offered
- Additional cleaning available
- Babysitting available
- Surf lessons (please enquire)
- Bike rental (please enquire)
- All extra services payable locally
- Prices quoted are subject to change
La Rochelle 25km
- Ferry ports
- TGV stations
La Rochelle 30km
- Located in Le Bois Plage (shops, bars, restaurants)
- Bakery: 500m
- Beach: 550m
- Saint Martin de Ré: 10min cycle ride (4km)
- La Rochelle: 30min drive (via Ile de Ré toll bridge)
Below are the some of the flight options available. Flight schedules are subject to change, so please check directly with the carrier when planning your booking.
|Departure airport||Airline||Flight days||Seasonality|
|London Gatwick||easyJet||Saturday||13 Jun – 19 Sep|
|Manchester||Jet2||Saturday||23 May – 19 Sep|
|London Stansted||Ryanair / Jet2||Saturday||All season|
|Leeds||Jet2||Saturday||23 May – 19 Sep|
|Bristol||easyJet||Saturday||27 Jun – 29 Aug|
Our choice of France properties is diverse, ranging from simple charm to genuine luxury and style. Much of our portfolio is privately owned, and price alone is therefore not a universal guide. We contract all our accommodation in person, and each property has its individual appeal.
To help you make the right choice based on your own priorities, we have devised a simple grading guide to be considered in conjunction with each individual property description, awarding up to a maximum of five stars for the below categories.
* For further clarification on Facilities, please view the 'Details' tab for each property or speak to one of our experienced sales consultants.
Described as the Pearl of the Atlantic, Ile de Ré has long since been on the radar of upmarket Parisians, sailors and sophisticates, famed for the beauty of its contrasting landscapes and the refined elegance of its towns and villages. The island’s ease of access and well-marked cycle trails afford a realistic opportunity for a car-free holiday and with 100km of glorious unspoilt coastline, a micro-climate that makes it one of the sunniest regions in France and a way of life that celebrates nature and conservation, this chic little island is an enchanting destination for beach-lovers, foodies and anyone looking to embrace the great outdoors.
View holiday Booking Conditions