In this section...
- Simpson family extras available
- Prime NE Corfu location
- Pretty single-storey villa
- Attractive garden
- Agios Stephanos 5min walk
Advance Registration... select your dates and reserve your 2023 holiday online, with a fully refundable deposit of £500.
Agios Stephanos is the place to be along north east Corfu’s illustrious coastline and pretty Villa Maria occupies a prime spot, just a five-minute stroll from the waterfront. Two bedrooms (a double and a twin) are unfussy and comfortably furnished and the light, open-plan living area is thoughtfully designed with doors out onto the veranda overlooking the pool. Dining here is a pleasure at any time of day but when you’re in the mood for a little flame-grilled fare, there’s additional seating near the barbecue area, set to one side of the house in the attractive walled garden.
The villa is simple in style but tastefully decorated and offers an appealing base for a couple or a small family looking to enjoy the very best of island living. There’s plenty of space to stretch out on the terrace by the pool and after a day dedicated to leisure, the upmarket selection of bars and tavernas in Agios Stephanos strike the perfect note between fashionable and understated.
Whichever direction you set off along the coast, Villa Maria is within a five-minute drive of two lovely beaches, Avlaki and Kerasia. Both play host to excellent tavernas serving well-cooked local dishes; popular venues for lunch and worth booking in high-season. Agios Stephanos has a little beach of its own too and there are boats for hire should you wish to explore the coastline and drop anchor somewhere a little more remote. Or you could head south to the famous White House, onetime home of Gerald Durrell; a splendid spot to enjoy a leisurely meal by the water and imagine the Corfu childhood he enjoyed with his family - and other animals.
Explore our pre-bookable experiences in Corfu
- 2-bedroom villa (sleeps 2-4)
- Open plan living/dining/kitchen area with TV and doors onto balcony
- Kitchen includes hob, oven, microwave, fridge-freezer, dishwasher, washing machine
- Double bedroom (160cm x 200cm bed)
- Twin bedroom (90cm x 200cm beds)
- Shower room and WC
- Outside covered dining area with steps down to pool terrace
- Complimentary WiFi
- Air-conditioned bedrooms
- Iron, ironing board, hairdryer
- Simpson Travel pool towels
- Private swimming pool 4.0m x 7.5m (depth 1.2m – 1.7m)
Simpson family extras
- Complimentary infant pack (includes cot/travel cot, bed guard, highchair, baby-gate, bottle steriliser, baby bath, non-slip bath mat, potty)
- Car seats and booster seats can be provided at a supplement, subject to availability
- To pre-book any of our family extras please call 020 8392 5747
- Private nanny service offering babysitting and full or half-day childcare packages. Please ask one of our Destination Specialists for details or visit Ionian Nannies.
- All properties with WiFi are able to support basic functionality such as web browsing and checking emails. We aim to offer an uninterrupted service but sometimes, due to factors beyond our control, reliability can be affected.
Local Boat Hire – in partnership with San Stefano Boats
- There is no better way to explore the coastline’s clear waters and discover some deserted bays than in a boat. Small boats, speedboats and cruisers can be pre-booked with our UK office prior to departure and we recommend early reservations, especially for July and August, as availability can be limited.
National tourist licence (EOT):
- Agios Stephanos (tavernas, shops, mini-market, beach) 4min walk
- Kerasia beach 5min drive
- Avlaki beach 5min drive
- Kassiopi 10min drive
- Corfu Town 40min drive
- Corfu airport 50min drive
Based on the number of people travelling, the following hire car(s) are included in the package price of your holiday:
- 2-3 guests – 1 Group C, Peugeot 208 or similar*
- 4 guests – 1 Group D, Peugeot 301 or similar*
* All our cars include comprehensive insurance with no excess charge. For this particular destination, the undercarriage, tyres, wing mirrors and windscreen are not included in the cover.
Group C – 1.25 litre engine, 1 large and 1 medium suitcase*
Group D – 1.4 litre engine, 2 large and 1 medium suitcase*
The following cars are available as alternatives on request (supplements apply). Please call our travel specialists for details.
Group L – Fiat Tipo or similar, 1.6 litre engine, 2 large and 2 medium suitcases*
Group M – Fiat Tipo Station Wagon or similar, 1.2 litre engine, 3 large and 2 medium suitcases*
Group E1 – Automatic Citroën C3 or similar, 1.4 litre engine, 1 large and 1 medium suitcase*
Group E2 – Automatic Fiat Tipo or similar, 1.6 litre engine, 2 large and 2 medium suitcases*
Group G1 – Automatic Nissan Qashqai SUV or similar, 1.3 litre engine, 3 medium suitcases*
Group G2 – Automatic Ford Kuga SUV or similar, 1.5 litre engine, 3 medium suitcases*
Group F1 – VW Caddy 7 seater or similar, 1.6 litre engine, 2 large and 2 medium suitcases*
Group F2 – Fiat Talento 9 seater or similar, 1.5-2.0 litre engine, 3 large and 2 medium suitcases*
* Suitcase sizes are based on a large suitcase being approximately 75cm x 41cm x 31cm, a medium suitcase of approximately 65cm x 46cm x 29cm and a small suitcase of 55cm x 40cm x 20cm.
We had a brilliant time! Jackie was brilliant, sorted a perfect table for us and helped with our last day and getting a boat for us during the week.
Sue, Josh, Evie and Anna, June 2022
We have had a wonderful week here at Villa Maria. Gorgeous location, loved the garden and butterflies. We are returning home relaxed.
Mark and Amanda, June 2022
This holiday was exactly what we needed. A lovely villa in a wonderful position, perfect for a quiet restful holiday. We explored the footpaths and found peaceful little bays within 30 minutes walk. We intend to return. Thank you to Jackie and Peter Maude and Christine for your help.
Pete and Caroline Carter, May 2022
Our choice of Greek properties is as diverse as the islands themselves, ranging from simple seaside charm to genuine luxury and style. Much of our portfolio is privately owned, and price alone is therefore not a universal guide. We contract all our accommodation in person, and each property has its individual appeal. To help you make the right choice based on your own priorities, we have devised a simple grading guide to be considered in conjunction with each individual property description, awarding up to a maximum of five stars for the below categories.
* For further clarification on Facilities and Amenities, please view the 'Details' tab for each property or speak to one of our experienced sales consultants.
A hundred stories unfold on lovely Corfu… Tales of gods and goddesses, Phoenicians and Venetians, vibrant towns and sleepy villages. There’s also a rich natural history of mountains, olive groves, fertile valleys and a coastline dotted with picturesque coves, sandy beaches and rocky inlets. Follow in the footsteps of Lawrence and Gerald Durrell with a luxurious retreat near Agios Stephanos, or venture North West, to enjoy more sandy beaches and scenic coastal drives.
To help you make the most of your holiday in Corfu, our collection includes a magical range of luxury villas and a charming beachfront hotel overlooking Avlaki Bay. Choose a romantic cottage by the water's edge for an idyllic couples' retreat or a contemporary family villa complemented by our private nanny service, for a relaxing holiday in the elegant North East of the island.
Explore our pre-bookable experiences in Corfu
View holiday Booking Conditions