In this section...
- Charming family house
- Beautiful rural location
- Monflanquin (shops/restaurants) 10-minute drive
- Badminton, table tennis, boules and croquet
Advance Registration... select your dates and reserve your 2023 holiday online, with a fully refundable deposit of £500.
Boasting all the charm and character of a classic 'maison du maître', Maison Mondou sits in the heart of the Lot-et-Garonne. It's in an area of majestic rivers, historic bastide towns and castles, and lively night markets, only a short distance from Monflanquin.
Set in an expanse of unspoilt countryside, this attractive stone-built house is a traditional French retreat with original beams combined with period furniture, personal touches galore and inviting leather sofas. For older children or grandparents who prefer their own space, there’s a barn conversion separate from the main house with a second living room, additional bedrooms and a bathroom.
Maison Mondou offers wonderful outside living with a paved sunbathing terrace, shaded dining area and pool house. A purpose-built boules court (complete with spectator benches), table tennis, croquet and badminton are enough to keep you there all day, until it’s time to throw something on the barbecue.
If you want to get out into the stunning countryside, bikes are available for hire in nearby Monflanquin. This charming bastide town has a distinctive arcaded main square, restaurants, a weekly Thursday market and tennis courts. Golf is on offer at the Villeneuve-sur-Lot Golf & Country Club close by and there’s a very good beauty salon there too for anyone less interested in hitting a ball around.
If sightseeing is preferable, the impressive Dordogne châteaux are not far away or hire a boat at Casseneuil on the Lot River and experience this authentically French world from the water.
The local area
Maison Mondou enjoys a lovely location in the heart of the Lot-et-Garonne region, an area rich in all the delights France has to offer. Beautiful dramatic scenery greets you at every turn: castles perched high over the Dordogne River valley, the spectacular Gouffre de Padirac caves, tranquil rivers winding their way through limestone cliffs, and many fascinating prehistoric sites. The fortified 'bastide' towns of Monpazier, Eymet, Villefranche, and others are remarkably well-preserved witnesses to turbulent times. Nowadays they host lively night markets and local farmers' markets, with the finest local produce and gourmet specialities on offer.
- 5 bedroom house (sleeps 10)
- Kitchen/breakfast/dining room, opens onto terrace
- Fully equipped kitchen with oven, hob, microwave, toaster, kettle, fridge, freezer and dishwasher
- Sitting area in hallway
- Laundry room with WC
- Large living room with two separate sitting areas
- Double bedroom with en-suite shower room and WC, dressing room
- 2 double bedrooms both with en-suite shower rooms and WC
- Sitting room
- Small twin bedroom
- Double bedroom
- Bathroom with bath, separate shower and WC
- Complimentary WiFi
- Simpson Travel telephone representative
- Washing machine and dryer
- Cot (linen provided) and highchair
- Satellite TV, DVD player, iPod docking station
- Heating included
- Mobile gas-fired barbecue
- Table tennis, sports and games equipment
- Boules court
- Toys and indoor games
- Small poolhouse
- Private swimming pool 8m x 5m (depth 1.5m throughout), security cover, Roman steps
- For further information on Terms and Conditions specific to this French property please click here
- All properties with WiFi are able to support basic functionality such as web browsing and checking emails*
* We aim to offer an uninterrupted service but sometimes due to factors beyond our control reliability can be affected.
Bed linen, bath and pool towels are provided
Weekly linen change for bookings of one week or more
- Additional cleaning available on request
- Arrival meal available on request (20/25 Euros per person)
- Evening meals can be prepared on request
- All services payable locally
- Prices quoted are subject to change
- Check-in time – 4.00-7.00pm
- Check-out time – 10.00am
- Ferry ports
Le Havre 712km
- TGV stations
- Lot-et-Garonne region
- Shops/restaurants (Monflanquin) 10-min drive
- Villeneuve-sur-Lot 20-min drive
- Bergerac airport 1hr drive
Maison Mondou was excellent – quiet and peaceful, beautiful scenery and very comfortable. The kitchen was well equipped. Dermod was very friendly and helpful.
Mrs Heather Keeble – August 2016
Mr Eddis – July 2016
We have had an amazing time here! We love your villas, Simpson Travel!The house is full of memories and history! Absolutely lovely! Thank you all!
Mrs Potrawiak-Ponto – August 2016
Our choice of French properties is diverse, ranging from simple charm to genuine luxury and style. Much of our portfolio is privately owned, and price alone is therefore not a universal guide. We contract all our accommodation in person, and each property has its individual appeal.
To help you make the right choice based on your own priorities, we have devised a simple grading guide to be considered in conjunction with each individual property description, awarding up to a maximum of five stars for the below categories.
* For further clarification on Facilities and Amenities, please view the 'Details' tab for each property or speak to one of our experienced sales consultants.
From the Dordogne’s forest-covered hillsides to the undulating countryside of Lot-et-Garonne, these fertile landscapes have long played their part in human history – the famous Lascaux cave paintings testify to that. For a taste of spectacular coastline on your holiday, head to Charente-Maritime or find a lakeside beach that’s perfect for a picnic – this region is known for its abundant food and excellent wines. Choose a restaurant in an ancient village square and enjoy the sense of history repeated.
And for a place to stay in Dordogne and the South West, explore our collection of luxury villas.
View holiday Booking Conditions