In this section...
- Heated swimming pool
- Walking distance to beach/restaurant
- Pretty walled garden
- Home cinema room
- Ideal for two couples
2024 Holidays... 2023 Prices
Our 2024 holidays are now priced online and with our early bird promise, you can enjoy December 2022 prices when you book by 31 December 2023. View Price Freeze Terms & Conditions here.
Villa de l’Abbaye is a stylish, summery, indoor-outdoor house, with lots of inviting spaces to relax and enjoy the unique joys of island life, be it in the shade of the huge olive tree in the courtyard, or enjoying the sunshine in the sheltered walled garden.
Formerly two properties, the villa now boasts two kitchens and two distinct outdoor spaces, so it’s a nicely versatile choice for two couples or perhaps a family with older children. Teenagers can make their own way to the beach, and couples can enjoy a high degree of privacy whilst still sharing the lovely pool and garden space. The remodelling has brought the house bang up to date in terms of amenities, including a spacious office and a cinema room seating up to six. The pool is heated for maximum indulgence, and there’s a glassed-in sunroom to make the most of the glorious coastal light even on cooler early or late season days.
Set in its own 580m2 plot, Villa de l’Abbaye feels nicely tucked away, whether you’re reading by the pool or lingering over dinner, but the beach, shops and restaurants are all within comfortable strolling distance, no car required.
Sainte-Marie-en-Ré is the oldest village on the island, delightfully sandwiched between vineyards and the sea. It’s quiet and quaint, with a handful of restaurants, plus basic food shops and a traditional open market operating five days a week. It’s the perfect place to park up and simply potter around along streets more suited to feet than cars, with lots of longer walking itineraries if you want to properly stretch the legs. Bike hire brings more within reach, in particular the bustling harbour villages of Saint Martin and La Flotte for shopping, eating out and watching the quietly sophisticated world of Ré go by. The nearest beach (Notre Dame) is less than a 10-minute walk away: convenient and generally far less crowded than the better-known beaches. If you’re after more facilities, the popular Plage des Grenettes is around a 15-minute cycle ride.
- 3 bedroom villa (sleeps 2-6)
- Open-plan living/kitchen/dining area with Smart TV and Bluetooth speaker; leads to pool terrace
- Kitchen includes oven, hob, microwave, coffee maker, fridge-freezer, dishwasher and a kitchen island with 4 bar stools
- Movie room with projector and 6 seats
- Office room overlooking pool
- Laundry room
- Second kitchen with private patio
- Sun room with raised platform and two chairs
- Bedroom 1: double bedroom (160cm bed) with dressing area and en-suite shower room
- Bedroom 2: double bedroom (160cm bed) accessed via the home cinema, inter-connects with Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 3: double bedroom (160cm bed, can be converted into twin beds) with private patio
- Bathroom with WC
- Complimentary WiFi
- Iron, ironing board, hairdryer, pool and bath towels provided
- Gas plancha barbecue
- Outside shaded terrace with lounge furniture
- Private swimming pool 8.5m x 3.5m, electric cover
- 4 pool loungers
- Free public parking on street
- For further information on Terms and Conditions for this property please click here
- All properties with WiFi are able to support basic functionality such as web browsing and checking emails*
* We aim to offer an uninterrupted service but sometimes due to factors beyond our control reliability can be affected.
- Weekly clean and linen change
La Rochelle airport 25min drive
- TGV stations
La Rochelle 25min drive
Villa access times
- Check-in time – 5.00pm
- Late arrival supplement of €50 for arrivals after 7.00pm (latest arrival time 10.00pm)
- Check-out time – 10.00am
La Rochelle 25min drive (19km)
- Ferry ports
St Malo 345km
- TGV stations
La Rochelle 35min drive (28km)
- Beach (Plage de Notre Dame) 9min walk
- Restaurant, basic shops and bike hire (Saint Marie) 12min walk
- Supermarket (La Flotte) 10min drive
- Sainte Marie town centre 12min walk
We’ve had such an amazing holiday in this villa. There’s so much space, great location, and we loved the pool! Our biggest thank you to Majid, who was super helpful and always on hand to help. Will definitely come back.
We loved this villa - a perfect house for a family holiday with teenagers. The pool and garden really made it. Majid, the housekeeper was particularly helpful. We would definitely recommend it.
Thank you for letting us stay in your beautiful home. We loved it all – the pool, the olive tree, the home cinema. We also loved Ile de Ré – sunshine, beaches, friendly people – and perhaps best of all, cycling, everywhere. A unique destination, and a wonderful holiday.
Our choice of French properties is diverse, ranging from simple charm to genuine luxury and style. Much of our portfolio is privately owned, and price alone is therefore not a universal guide. We contract all our accommodation in person, and each property has its individual appeal.
To help you make the right choice based on your own priorities, we have devised a simple grading guide to be considered in conjunction with each individual property description, awarding up to a maximum of five stars for the below categories.
* For further clarification on Facilities and Amenities, please view the 'Details' tab for each property or speak to one of our experienced sales consultants.
Described as the Pearl of the Atlantic, Ile de Ré has long since been on the radar of upmarket Parisians, sailors and sophisticates, famed for the beauty of its contrasting landscapes and the refined elegance of its towns and villages. The island’s ease of access and well-marked cycle trails afford a realistic opportunity for a car-free holiday and with 100km of glorious unspoilt coastline, a micro-climate that makes it one of the sunniest regions in France and a way of life that celebrates nature and conservation, this chic little island is an enchanting destination for beach-lovers, foodies and anyone looking to embrace the great outdoors.
Explore our collection of villas in Ile de Ré and discover why everyone’s talking about the Pearl of the Atlantic.
BookingMultiple.mustache file to be converted
View holiday Booking Conditions