In this section...
- Upmarket residential area
- Stunning high-spec villa
- Contemporary and bright
- Surrounded by cycling trails
- Walking distance to beach
Advance Registration... select your dates and reserve your 2023 holiday online, with a fully refundable deposit of £500.
Beach life is even sweeter when, after an idyllic day by the ocean, you come home to this stunning high-spec villa. In a quiet, upmarket residential area just a 15-minute walk from Moliets Plage, we’ve found one of the area’s finest places to stay that works just as well for families as it does for groups of friends.
The garden is unfenced but completely private, with a lawn for children to play on and a Jacuzzi overlooking the heated swimming pool: perfect for the cooler mornings and evenings outside the heat of high summer. Inside, the pièce de résistance is the striking living and dining area where sliding doors open out into the garden and let the light flood in, and with a private chef available on request, if you decide to eat in, no one gets stuck in the kitchen.
For parents with children of all ages, this stunning villa takes the stress out of staying away from home. Everything you need is within easy reach, from markets to restaurants, and there’s a buzz about the area that makes it particularly inviting. Surrounded by cycle trails through the peaceful pine forests, it’s also safe for older children to explore – and for you to relax.
The local area
Although there are wild beaches in the area too, the focus is on Moliets’ impressive and highly organised main beach. The promenade leading down to the sand, lined with boutiques, surf shops and places to eat, is relatively touristy, but extremely family friendly. You could let teens flex their independence here for a few hours: there’s plenty to keep them occupied, including surfing and bodyboarding, in addition to the golf course and tennis courts nearby. And after the fun of the Atlantic Ocean’s tumbling surf, there’s a gentler side of beach life to be found around the charming Lac de Léon, including paddle-boarding, pedalos and La Haut Aventure Park all less than a ten-minute drive away.
Meanwhile, pretty Léon village is Moliets’ quieter, more traditional cousin with morning markets and at least three good local restaurants. It’s also a five-minute drive from the tranquil Courant d’Huchet nature reserve, where the main attraction is a guided gondola trip down to the coast through lush scenery described as the Amazon of Les Landes.
Hossegor, a 25-minute drive away, is where the laid-back surfer vibe of California meets the sophistication of France – and image-conscious teens will love it! Its excellent food hall, designer surf wear and chic markets and boutiques also make it a destination for shopping as well as soaking up beach life at its best. Nearby Capbreton offers a more authentic taste of coastal life and its renowned marina restaurants are where the locals go to sample the catch of the day from the local fish market.
The Pays Basque offers a different side of Aquitaine, with historic villages and rolling hills. The capital, Bayonne, is rarely on the tourist radar, but it’s a historic gem with a stunning cathedral as well as being the chocolate capital of France! A little further along the coast, you’ll find Biarritz, where Belle Époque glamour sits alongside a vibrant shopping, eating and cultural scene – all the more impressive for its dramatic coastal location.
Explore our pre-bookable experiences in Aquitaine
- 5 bedroom villa (sleeps 2-10)
- Open-plan living/dining/kitchen area with flat screen TV
- Fully-equipped kitchen with double range oven, induction hob, microwave, American-style fridge-freezer with water/ice dispenser, dishwasher
- Double bedroom (continental king-size 160cm bed, can be converted into a twin on request) with en-suite shower room
- 2 double bedrooms (super king-size 180cm beds, can be converted into twins on request) with en-suite shower rooms
- Utility room with washing machine and dryer
- Sauna and shower
- WC with wheelchair access
- Double bedroom (continental king-size 160cm bed, can be converted into a twin on request) with en-suite shower room and WC
- Double bedroom (super king-size 180cm bed, can be converted into a twin on request) with en-suite shower room and WC
- Complimentary WiFi
- Iron, ironing board, hairdryer and pool towels provided
- TVs with English-speaking channels and DVD players
- Bose speakers
- Travel cots and high chairs
- Pool terrace with dining area
- Outdoor WC
- Private heated swimming pool 4m x 9m (depth 1.4m throughout), solar-heating system, swim-resistant jets, electric safety cover
- Smoking not permitted in the villa
- Pets not permitted
- Parking for 2-3 cars and one on-street parking space
- Lockable storage area for bikes and sports equipment
- Nearby activities include surfing, windsurfing, sailing, kayaking, golf, cycling, horse riding, fishing, adrenaline park, paddle-boarding, tennis, go-karting
- The pool and hot tub are open May to October; the pool is usually heated from mid-May to September (weather-dependent); in April and October most Moliets bars and restaurants will be closed
- For further information on Terms and Conditions specific to this French property please click here
- All properties with WiFi are able to support basic functionality such as web browsing and checking emails. We aim to offer an uninterrupted service but sometimes due to factors beyond our control reliability can be affected.
Villa access times
- Check-in time – 5.00-7.00pm
- Check-out time – 10.00am
- Weekly change of linen, bath and pool towels for bookings of two weeks or more
- Light mid-stay clean for bookings of two weeks or more
Optional services offered
- Baby-sitting (please enquire)
- In-villa chef (pre-booking essential)
- Additional light mid-week clean (bathrooms, kitchen, sweep, mop, make beds, etc.) €120
- Change of bed linen and towels (additional cost)
- Prepared meal available from €15/person
- All extra services payable locally
- Prices quoted are subject to change
- Ferry ports
St Malo 680km
- TGV stations
- Chênes Lièges Moliets (beach) 15min walk (1km)
- Moliets-Plage (restaurant, shops, bakery, supermarket) 5min drive (3km)
- Waterpark 20min drive (18km)
- Hossegor 25min drive (23km)
- Biarritz 1hr 10min drive (66km)
Villa Eau de la Roche exceeded expectations in every way (and expectations were high after looking through the on-line gallery). We were hoping for a good holiday and we got a fabulous holiday. The villa was clean and modern with every detail catered for. Ruth, our local rep, was as good as they come. The whole family have made some wonderful memories. We will be booking our next family holiday with Simpson next year. Thank you so much.
Ian Howard – June 2019
Our choice of French properties is diverse, ranging from simple charm to genuine luxury and style. Much of our portfolio is privately owned, and price alone is therefore not a universal guide. We contract all our accommodation in person, and each property has its individual appeal.
To help you make the right choice based on your own priorities, we have devised a simple grading guide to be considered in conjunction with each individual property description, awarding up to a maximum of five stars for the below categories.
* For further clarification on Facilities and Amenities, please view the 'Details' tab for each property or speak to one of our experienced sales consultants.
Once entirely marshland, this region is now a natural playground of sand dunes and beaches, pine forests and picturesque lakes, where walking and cycling are the most pleasurable ways of getting around. An idyllic meeting of France and California with truly spectacular waves and wide-ranging cuisine, upmarket Hossegor thrives on a surfing culture of stylish, laid-back living. However, in authentic Capbreton next door, and many of the towns and villages no more than an hour away, the historical roots go deeper and there’s much to explore.
Visit our collection of handpicked villas in Hossegor and the Landes Coast to complete your luxury holiday on the Aquitaine Coast.
View holiday Booking Conditions