In this section...
- Stylish, contemporary villa
- Family friendly
- Home cinema
- Private heated pool
- Short walk to restaurant and bakery
- Simpson family extras available
Advance Registration... select your dates and reserve your 2023 holiday online, with a fully refundable deposit of £500.
With a nod to California’s statement beachfront residences (appropriate given its proximity to the upmarket surfing mecca of Hossegor), the impressive Villa des Chevreuils is tucked away at the end of a cul-de-sac. It’s also just a ten-minute walk from a restaurant and a bakery for fresh morning croissants, both in the little village of Saubion.
The villa is contemporary and charmingly eclectic, with a harmonious architectural design that seamlessly blends inside and out. Sliding doors open onto a shaded dining terrace and child-friendly garden with generous lawns, a slide and a private, heated swimming pool – and there’s plenty of outdoor seating for parents to relax and keep an eye at the same time. The owners have little ones themselves, so it’s a space that’s been thoroughly tried and tested for families!
Inside, the twin bedrooms are perfect for younger children, whilst a home cinema in the living room promises parents peaceful evenings: the chance to relax with a drink on the terrace with your offspring safely occupied. You might catch the sounds of village life nearby, but there’s no doubt that this is a place to unwind and enjoy all the comforts of home.
The local area
The delights of Hossegor are just a ten-minute drive away. From its healthy, California-style brunches to pizzas on the beach at sunset, it’s a town that lives and breathes the great outdoors without pretensions. With glorious golden beaches (complete with a lagoon play beach), pine forests with winding cycle paths, surfing, paddle-boarding on the lake, shopping for food and beautiful clothing in the markets and boutiques, it has all the ingredients of a gloriously upmarket beach holiday. And you can also enjoy the more authentic seaside experience of nearby Capbreton, with its excellent marina restaurants where the locals go to sample the catch of the day from the bustling daily fish market.
With easy access to roads going north and south, exploring is easy. The Basque country villages and their capital city Bayonne make the perfect day trip, or you can enjoy lunch in sophisticated Biarritz, the darling of the Belle Époque where surfboards and designer shopping bags are present in equal measures – but wherever you go, it’s the rolling hills, dramatic coastline and expanses of glorious beaches that steal the show.
There’s abundant plant and wildlife to be discovered at the peaceful Marais d’Orx, a wetland nature reserve about 20 minutes away by car, with high-sided wooden walkways, perfectly safe for little ones. But for older children, the Seignosse and Labenne-Océan waterparks are an excellent, adrenaline-fuelled alternative. Or head further south to Hendaye and catch the ferry to the Spanish coastal town of Hondarrabia. It offers a packed calendar of festivals, lots of atmosphere and some excellent tapas restaurants.
Explore our pre-bookable experiences in Aquitaine
- 4 bedroom villa (sleeps 2-6)
- Open-plan living/dining area
- Seating area with home cinema, Samsung 55” LED TV (English-speaking and Sky channels), DVD player, CD player, Bose surround system
- Fully-equipped kitchen with oven, hob, microwave, fridge, freezer, dishwasher
- 2 double bedrooms, one with access to terrace
- 2 double bedrooms
- Small shower room
- Complimentary WiFi
- Iron, ironing board, hairdryer and pools towels provided
- Washing machine
- Travel cot, cot and highchair
- Plancha-style barbecue
- Children’s swing and trampoline
- Private heated swimming pool 11m x 4.5m
- Activities close by include surfing, golf, cycling, horse riding, birdwatching, aqua parc
- Some traffic noise is to be expected as a minor road (not visible from the villa) runs just beyond the back garden and connects the two nearby villages of Saubion and Seignosse
- For further information on Terms and Conditions specific to this French property please click here
Simpson family extras
- Family favourite range of toys and games, suitable for ages 5-11
- All properties with WiFi are able to support basic functionality such as web browsing and checking emails*
* We aim to offer an uninterrupted service but sometimes due to factors beyond our control reliability can be affected.
Villa access times
- Check-in time – 5.00-7.00pm
- Check-out time – 10.00am
- Weekly change of linen, bath and pool towels for bookings of two weeks or more
- Mid-stay cleaning for bookings of two weeks or more
Optional services offered
- Chef (pre-booking essential)
- Additional housekeeping €20/hour
- All extra services payable locally
- Prices quoted are subject to change
- Ferry ports
- TGV stations
- Restaurant (Saubion) 5min walk (350m)
- Bakery (Saubion) 8min walk (600m)
- Market (Seignosse Bourg) 7min drive (4km)
- Seignosse Ocean and Hossegor beaches 10min drive (10km)
- Hossegor centre 10min drive (6km)
- Waterpark 14min drive (9km)
Our choice of French properties is diverse, ranging from simple charm to genuine luxury and style. Much of our portfolio is privately owned, and price alone is therefore not a universal guide. We contract all our accommodation in person, and each property has its individual appeal.
To help you make the right choice based on your own priorities, we have devised a simple grading guide to be considered in conjunction with each individual property description, awarding up to a maximum of five stars for the below categories.
* For further clarification on Facilities and Amenities, please view the 'Details' tab for each property or speak to one of our experienced sales consultants.
Once entirely marshland, this region is now a natural playground of sand dunes and beaches, pine forests and picturesque lakes, where walking and cycling are the most pleasurable ways of getting around. An idyllic meeting of France and California with truly spectacular waves and wide-ranging cuisine, upmarket Hossegor thrives on a surfing culture of stylish, laid-back living. However, in authentic Capbreton next door, and many of the towns and villages no more than an hour away, the historical roots go deeper and there’s much to explore.
Visit our collection of handpicked villas in Hossegor and the Landes Coast to complete your luxury holiday on the Aquitaine Coast.
View holiday Booking Conditions