In this section...
- Tranquil retreat close to Biarritz
- 15-metre heated pool
- Ideal for couples or families
- Easy walk to village restaurant, shop, tennis
- Superb base for exploring Basque Country, San Sebastian & the Pyrenees
Advance Registration... select your dates and reserve your 2023 holiday online, with a fully refundable deposit of £500.
In a tranquil setting just 8 kilometres from the high-life of glamorous Biarritz, this Basque-style villa offers a comfortable, well-designed home-from-home within easy access of the region’s world-renowned beaches and picturesque Basque Country villages. This semi-rural location holds enormous appeal; attractive enclosed gardens back onto woodland promising seclusion and relaxation and the 15-metre heated pool is a real crowd-pleaser – equally good for serious swimming, pool games or simply drifting along on a lilo. Days here are a peaceful affair, with nothing but birdsong to interrupt your thoughts and a lovely sense of space both inside and out – the perfect antidote to a day out amidst the delightful hustle and bustle of Biarritz.
Villa Malika is a great choice for families; a mezzanine play area complete with toys and Playstation is ideal when a little downtime is required and younger children love the pretty Wendy house in the garden, a haven for imaginative role-play. But the villa is also popular with golfing couples and groups of friends thanks to the five exceptional golf-courses within a 20-minute radius of the property. The thoughtful design means the accommodation works equally well for either purpose, with a double en-suite downstairs and a shower room and three further bedrooms upstairs (a double en-suite, a twin and a single). In fact, we wouldn’t hesitate to recommend this versatile and well-equipped house to anyone seeking a relaxing break close to Biarritz and the celebrated resorts of La Cote Basque.
The local area
A pleasant 10-minute walk from the villa takes you to the pretty village of Bassussary where you’ll find tennis courts, a grocery store, pharmacy and a charming restaurant. Biarritz is just a 15-minute drive away; undoubtedly the most famous resort on France's Atlantic coast it offers an eclectic and unique combination of sophistication, elegance and surf culture. But there are other many other appealing towns and beaches to visit along La Cote Basque, all easily accessible from Villa Malika. St Jean de Luz is a real favourite; a fishing-port-turned-holiday-town, it is known as the gourmet centre for Basque cuisine, with a vibrant cultural calendar, stylish shops and lovely beaches. There is also much to recommend the charming towns of Bidart and Guethary, tucked away between their more illustrious neighbours. The nearest golf courses - Makila and Arcangues – are less than 10 minutes away by car. Both are excellent but for anyone seeking real variety, there are many more to discover within a short radius.
- 4 bedroom villa (sleeps 2-7)
- Open-plan living room TV (French channels) and DVD player, doors to front garden and terrace
- Kitchen with oven, hob, microwave, fridge-freezer, dishwasher
- Laundry room with washing machine and tumble dryer
- Double bedroom with en-suite shower room and WC, French doors lead to front garden
- Mezzanine play area with children's toys and PS4
- Twin bedroom (can be converted into a 180cm double bed on request) with en-suite shower room with WC
- Double bedroom (180cm bed)
- Single bedroom
- Shower room with WC
- Complimentary WiFi
- Cot and highchair available
- Iron, ironing board, hairdryer and Simpson pool/beach towels provided
- Smoking/vaping is not permitted in the house
- Pets are not permitted
- Spacious gardens
- Garden playhouse
- Dining terrace with pergola
- Barbecue and plancha
- Pool shower
- Heated private swimming pool 15m x 6m, electric cover
- In October the pool will be heated to a minimum of 25°C and some seasonal restaurants, shops and bars may be closed
- For further information on Terms and Conditions specific to this French property please click here
- All properties with WiFi are able to support basic functionality such as web browsing and checking emails*
* We aim to offer an uninterrupted service but sometimes due to factors beyond our control reliability can be affected.
Villa access times
- Check-in time – 5.00-7.00pm
- Check-out time – 10.00am
- Weekly change of linen, bath and pool towels for bookings of two weeks or more
- Bassussary village (restaurant) 900m
- Biarritz Negresse (boulangerie, small supermarket) 5km
- Biarritz Milady and Ilbarritz (nearest beaches) 8km
- Biarritz 9km
Our choice of French properties is diverse, ranging from simple charm to genuine luxury and style. Much of our portfolio is privately owned, and price alone is therefore not a universal guide. We contract all our accommodation in person, and each property has its individual appeal.
To help you make the right choice based on your own priorities, we have devised a simple grading guide to be considered in conjunction with each individual property description, awarding up to a maximum of five stars for the below categories.
* For further clarification on Facilities and Amenities, please view the 'Details' tab for each property or speak to one of our experienced sales consultants.
Steeped in Basque traditions as old as the hills, this destination reflects a very different take on ‘Frenchness’: one that’s also imbued with the colours of Spain just a short drive away. And if swimming, sunbathing, surfing and sandy beaches don’t appeal, you can try a thalassotherapy spa session, watch an adrenaline-fuelled game of Basque pelote or flex your cultural muscle along the narrow streets of ancient towns and pristine villages where museums, galleries and restaurants are in plentiful supply.
View holiday Booking Conditions