In this section...
- Contemporary stone villa
- Rural setting
- Delightful grounds
- Private swimming pool
- Simpson family extras available
Domaine Santu Pietru is an enclave of three individual villas (Villas Mezzanotte, Serintina and Alba) and stone is very much the theme here, with traditional Corsican rock giving a contemporary twist to the conventional bergerie – from the architecture to some of the interior design and furniture. The Corsicans have long been comfortable with blending cutting edge concepts with the traditional – Villa Mezzanotte has bold features and French doors in the bedrooms. Rural warmth and the contact with nature are ever present and the delightful grounds, meadows, terraces and individual swimming pools ensure privacy in a tranquil setting.
The interiors are largely open-plan, with all conveniences discreetly at your fingertips, from the Bluetooth speaker to the kitchen appliances. The local restaurants are just three kilometres down the road and the wild rugged beaches of La Testa and Ventilegna are a short drive away.
- 2 bedroom villa (sleeps 2-4)
- Open-plan living/dining/kitchen area
- Kitchen includes oven, electric hob, microwave, fridge, dishwasher, washing machine
- Double bedroom with en-suite shower room and WC (guests need to walk through the twin bedroom to reach the double bedroom or access it by French doors from the terrace)
- Twin bedroom with en-suite shower room and WC (leads to double bedroom)
- Complimentary WiFi
- Satellite TV and Bluetooth speaker
- Iron, ironing board, hairdryer, pool and bath towels provided
- Private swimming pool 12m x 2.7m (depth 1.1m – 1.6m), security alarm, access via steps
Domaine Santu Pietru is a convenient 15-minute drive from Figari airport, which means planes are visible and sometimes audible depending on the wind direction. However, it’s not a busy airport and daily flights are relatively infrequent.
- 1 week holidays – does not include a mid-stay clean or bed linen/towel change
- 2 week holidays – includes a light mid-stay clean and bed linen/towel change
- Additional cleaning can be arranged if required for €25/hour (2 hour minimum and subject to availability)
Simpson family extras
- Car seats and booster seats can be provided at a supplement, subject to availability
- To pre-book any of our family extras please call 020 8392 5747
- All properties with WiFi are able to support basic functionality such as web browsing and checking emails*
* We aim to offer an uninterrupted service but sometimes due to factors beyond our control reliability can be affected.
Villa access times
- Check-in time – 4.00pm
- Check-out time – 9.00am
- Figari 10min drive
- Beaches 15min drive
- Porto Vecchio 20min drive
- Figari airport 15min drive
Based on the number of people travelling, the following hire car(s) are included in the package price of your holiday:
- 2-3 guests – 1 Group C, Peugeot 2008 or similar*
- 4 guests – 1 Group H, Citroen C4 Picasso or similar*
* All our cars include comprehensive insurance with zero excess. For this particular destination, the undercarriage is not included in the cover.
Group C – 1-1.6 litre engine, 2 large and 1 small suitcase*
Group H – 1.1-1.6 litre engine, 2 large and 2 small suitcases*
The following cars are available as alternatives on request (supplements apply). Please call our travel specialists for details.
Group D - Peugeot 3008 or similar, 1.1-1.6 litre engine, 3 large suitcase*
Group E – SUV Automatic Toyota CHR Hybrid or similar, 1.1-1.6 litre engine, 1 large and 2 small suitcases*
Group F – Ford Mondeo or similar, 2.0 litre engine, 2 large and 2 small suitcases*
Group G – Audi A3 Cabriolet or similar, 1.2-1.6 litre engine, 1 large suitcase*
Group J – Peugeot 308 GPS or similar, 1-1.6 litre engine, 2 large and 1 small suitcase*
Group K – Renault Grand Scenic or similar, 1.2-1.6 litre engine, 2 large suitcases*
Group L – Renault Captur Automatic or similar, 1.1-1.6 litre engine, 1 large and 1 small suitcase*
Group N – 9-seater Toyota Proace or similar, 1.2-1.6 litre engine, 1 large and 1 small suitcase*
Group X - Citroen Berlingo or similar, 1-1.6 litre engine, 3 large and 1 small suitcase*
* Suitcase sizes are based on a large suitcase being approximately 75cm x 41cm x 31cm, a medium suitcase of approximately 65cm x 46cm x 29cm and a small suitcase of 55cm x 40cm x 20cm.
We loved our stay. It was our fourth time visiting Corsica. The sea was nice and warm. For the best pizza, visit L’Ondella on the main road between Bonifacio and Porto Vecchio (30 minutes’ drive but make a reservation). The property was very peaceful and we will surely return. Joelle was very thoughtful and made sure we had everything we needed.
Bickel & McCreary – September 2018
The house and the wildlife are amazing. Look for snakeskins around the rocks, lizards and mantis. It’s worth staying up for the stars, our children were amazed!
Mr B – August 2018
Introduced to Simpson Travel by our dear daughters some years back. Best things are superbly comfortable beds, wonderfully peaceful, rural setting, the pool decking, beaches, etc. Best food this time was in U Castille in Bonifacio and eating in (well, outside!). Donkeys, cattle, walking amongst butterflies, wild flowers, trees, owls, caterpillars, etc. An idyllic place. Corsica doesn’t get too crowded, especially in May! A charming baker delivers bread every morning, except Mondays.
Richard & Marilyn – May 2018
Very nice property in the countryside, great views, amid vineyards, old olive trees. I will happily go to this property again.
Mrs Addison – July 2016
Overall it was a lovely holiday. The villa location was wonderful and everything you needed was there. Being seasoned travellers we didn't need the services of the rep and the information folder was very comprehensive and useful.
Mrs Buffey – June 2016
We travelled to Domaine Santu Pietru with our two young children. The travel arrangements, car hire and villa were all extremely good and Anna from Simpson gave us some excellent tips on where to go and where to eat. The beaches we visited were all superb with beautiful clear water, white sand, and good facilities. Would highly recommend a trip to Porto Vecchio and Bonifacio, especially the boat trip to see the caves. Fantastic holiday – we will definitely return to Corsica soon.
Mrs Lycett – August 2015
What a fabulously relaxing break! The villa has everything you could need and is so well located for all the local sights. Big thanks to Anna – so welcoming and there to answer any questions – lovely lady!
Mr Hall – May 2015
A great spot to relax quietly. We loved the villa, pool and view. The beaches along this stretch of the east coast are excellent. Walks in mountains have impressive views.
Mr Childs – May 2015
Arrived latish, 6pm, made full use of the pool and tranquillity – the noisiest thing was the water pumping…went to Porto Vecchio for evening meal. Checked out boat hire in Bonifacio – and had a super lunch. Windy tomorrow so hiring a boat Friday to check out the bays. Went to first bay past Bonifacio, via a dirt track – so romantic and secluded – a tricky place to park and turn round but worth it. We commented on the lack of seagulls and sparrows which normally ruin my wife’s meal as she has an aversion to our winged friends – we have seen one crow, three sparrow type birds and one buzzard. This is our first Simpson Travel holiday – we have already booked our next one. A big thank you to Liz for just being there, very reassuring to have someone there to help, even for phoning about the washing machine! Thank you, as Arnie says: "We’ll be back".
Mr & Mrs Westcott – September 2012
Corsica – wonderful rustic chic ‘with an edge’ – villa simple, basic but comfortable. Beaches beautiful – even the 'penguin' colony at Palombaggia (everyone is a little squashed in). We found the beaches (‘parc natural’) at the nature reserve past Caldarello – easy, free parking, quiet and unspoilt – no facilities but beautiful beach for rock formations, white sand, azure seas with Sardinia in the distance. Take a picnic and relax. I hope you have a wonderful holiday; we did and will definitely return to Corsica soon.
Mr Wilson – September 2012
Our choice of Corsican properties is as diverse as the island itself, ranging from simple seaside charm to genuine luxury and style. Much of our portfolio is privately owned, and price alone is therefore not a universal guide. We contract all our accommodation in person, and each property has its individual appeal. To help you make the right choice based on your own priorities, we have devised a simple grading guide to be considered in conjunction with each individual property description, awarding up to a maximum of five stars for the below categories.
* For further clarification on Facilities and Amenities, please view the 'Details' tab for each property or speak to one of our experienced sales consultants.
Just across the water from Sardinia, history takes a cosmopolitan turn in the winding streets, imposing citadels and elegant marinas of Bonifacio and Porto Vecchio. A luxury holiday here comes with no shortage of style, and plenty of restaurants, cafés, boutiques and museums. Not far away, you'll also find the family-friendly beaches of Pinarello and pine-shaded Palombaggia, as well as the white sands of Santa Giulia and chic St Cyprien.
View holiday Booking Conditions