In this section...
- Contemporary stone villa
- Rural setting
- Delightful grounds
- Figari 10min drive
- Beaches 15min drive
Domaine Santu Pietru is an enclave of three individual villas (Villas Alba, Serintina and Mezzanotte) and stone is very much the theme here, with traditional Corsican rock giving a contemporary twist to the conventional bergerie – from the architecture to some of the interior design and furniture. The Corsicans have long been comfortable with blending cutting edge concepts with the traditional – Villa Alba has bold features and French doors in the bedrooms. Rural warmth and the contact with nature are ever present and the delightful grounds, meadows, terraces and individual swimming pools ensure privacy in a tranquil setting.
The interiors are largely open-plan, with all conveniences discreetly at your fingertips, from the Bluetooth speaker to the kitchen appliances. Alba also boasts a separate small studio cottage located just a few metres away with its own terrace and en-suite bathroom, perfect for grandparents or a couple needing more privacy from family or friends.
The local restaurants are just three kilometres down the road and the wild rugged beaches of La Testa and Ventilegna are a short drive away.
Domaine Santu Pietru is a convenient 15-minute drive from Figari airport, which means planes are visible and sometimes audible depending on the wind direction. However, it’s not a busy airport and daily flights are relatively infrequent.
- 2 bedroom villa (sleeps 2-6)
- Separate 1-bedroom guest cottage
- Open-plan living/dining/kitchen area
- Kitchen includes oven, gas hob, microwave, fridge, dishwasher, washing machine
- Satellite TV, Bluetooth Speaker, wifi (in main villa only)
- Double bedroom (160cm bed) with en-suite shower room and WC
- Twin bedroom (90cm beds) with en-suite shower room
- 10m from main villa
- Double bedroom with en-suite bathroom and shower
- Small utility room
- Complimentary WiFi
- Air-conditioned throughout
- Iron, ironing board, hairdryer, pool and bath towels provided
- Gas barbecue
- Private swimming pool 9m x 4m (depth 1.2m – 1.65m), security alarm, access via steps
- Daily mobile bakery at bottom of entrance approx 9am except Mondays (ask local representative)
- 1 week holidays – does not include a mid-stay clean or bed linen/towel change
- 2 week holidays – includes a light mid-stay clean and bed linen/towel change
- Additional cleaning can be arranged if required for €25/hour (2 hour minimum and subject to availability)
- All properties with WiFi are able to support basic functionality such as web browsing and checking emails*
* We aim to offer an uninterrupted service but sometimes due to factors beyond our control reliability can be affected.
Villa access times
- Check-in time – 4.00pm
- Check-out time – 9.00am
- Figari 10min drive
- Beaches 15min drive
- Porto Vecchio 20min drive
- Figari airport 15min drive
Based on the number of people travelling, the following hire car(s) are included in the package price of your holiday:
- 2-3 guests – 1 Group C, VW Golf or similar*
- 4 guests – 1 Group H, Citroen C4 Picasso or similar*
- 5 guests – 1 Group K, Peugeot 5008 or similar*
- 6 guests – 2 Group C, VW Golf or similar*
* All our cars include comprehensive insurance with zero excess. For this particular destination, the undercarriage is not included in the cover.
Group C – 1-1.6 litre engine, 1 small and 1 large suitcase
Group H – 1.1-1.6 litre engine, 2 small and 2 large suitcases
Group K – 1.2-1.6 litre engine, 2 small and 2 large suitcases
The following cars are available as alternatives on request (supplements apply). Please call our travel specialists for details.
Group L – Renault Captur Automatic or similar, 1.1-1.6 litre engine, 1 small and 1 large suitcase
Group E – SUV Renault Kadjar or similar, 1.1-1.6 litre engine, 2 small and 1 large suitcase
Group G – VW Coccinelle CC Cabriolet or similar, 1.2-1.6 litre engine, 1 large suitcase
Group N – 9-seater Ford Transit or similar, 1.2-1.6 litre engine, 1 small and 1 large suitcase
Group O – 7-seater Ford Tourneo or similar, 1.2-1.6 litre engine, 1 small and 1 large suitcase
A late week's break in the sun and warmth in peaceful quiet surroundings. Everything was as advertised and we greatly enjoyed our time at Villa Alba.
Stables Family – October 2017
We have had a wonderful week in Corsica and Villa Alba - loved the rustic yet comfortable feel of the villa and how well equipped it was for our 1 year old baby! All three of us have loved swimming in the pool and relaxing outside on the deck in the evenings - the stars on a clear night are breathtaking! We loved the beaches that has such clear blue water & shallow depth perfect for little legs. We loved our first visit to Corsica and I'm sure we'll be back!
The Carrier Family – May 2017
Overall we all had an amazing time in Corsica. Thank you
Mrs Waters – September 2016
I would highly recommend Simpson Travel - the staff are incredibly helpful - even when you keep changing the number of people in your party and booking details have to be altered several times! You know when you go on a Simpson holiday you won't be disappointed with the standard of the accommodation - it is pure luxury. Our representative Muriel was second to none - nothing was too much trouble. We will be using Simpson Travel again - thank you!
Mrs Jardine – July 2016
This the second holiday that we have had with Simpson Travel and it was excellent. With two young children we particularly loved all the toys that were put in the villa for us....a really lovely and thoughtful touch. So a big thank you from us and we will definitely be using you again.
Mrs Stringer – June 2016
Lovely villa in a picturesque setting with a great pool the whole family enjoyed using after a hot day on the beach. The baker who arrived every morning between 9.30 and 10 in his little white van was a lovely touch and his bread and donuts went down a treat. Thank you Simpson Travel for another memorable holiday.
Mrs Howell – July 2014
Our choice of Corsican properties is as diverse as the island itself, ranging from simple seaside charm to genuine luxury and style. Much of our portfolio is privately owned, and price alone is therefore not a universal guide. We contract all our accommodation in person, and each property has its individual appeal. To help you make the right choice based on your own priorities, we have devised a simple grading guide to be considered in conjunction with each individual property description, awarding up to a maximum of five stars for the below categories.
* For further clarification on Facilities and Amenities, please view the 'Details' tab for each property or speak to one of our experienced sales consultants.
Just across the water from Sardinia, history takes a cosmopolitan turn in the winding streets, imposing citadels and elegant marinas of Bonifacio and Porto Vecchio. A luxury holiday here comes with no shortage of style, and plenty of restaurants, cafés, boutiques and museums. Not far away, you'll also find the family-friendly beaches of Pinarello and pine-shaded Palombaggia, as well as the white sands of Santa Giulia and chic St Cyprien.
View holiday Booking Conditions