In this section...
- Luxury loft-style suites
- Central Porto Vecchio
- Bars/restaurants within strolling distance
- Beaches 10-minute drive
If your perfect summer day begins with breakfast delivered to your door, slips effortlessly into indolent hours on fine white sand, and finishes with drinks and dinner in Corsica’s most sophisticated seaside town, then Citta di Lume is for you. Tucked away in the old town of Porto Vecchio, these new loft-style apartments are aimed squarely at style-conscious luxury lovers, ideal for a honeymoon, anniversary or any occasion that calls for some spoiling in supremely chic surroundings.
Described, rather flatteringly, as an 'Anglo-Saxon' concept, there are seven one-bedroom apartments, each with a private terrace overlooking the rooftops of Porto Vecchio. Each also has its own kitchen, though with the many bars, cafés and restaurants of Porto Vecchio within strolling distance you’ll probably find you don’t use it for anything more taxing than making tea or slicing a lemon. Those who wish can have breakfast delivered on request, and there’s a rather sleek heated pool shared between all the apartments.
Porto Vecchio is the ideal base for exploring the island’s most celebrated beaches, with Palombaggia, Santa Giulia and Cala Rossa all within a short drive. For an alternative view, you can reach wild peaks, mountain rock pools and stunning walking country in an hour or less by car.
- Two standard suites – 5 and 8
- Five superior suites – 1, 3, 4, 6 and 7
- 1 bedroom (sleeps 2)
- Sitting area
- Bathroom opens on to the bedroom with bath, walk-in shower and hairdryer
- HD smart TV in bedroom and sitting area
- Fully equipped kitchen with Nespresso machine
- Bar with wine cellar
- Complimentary WiFi
- Daily maid service
- Shared swimming pool 12.5m x 4m (depth 1.4m throughout)
- Private personal parking space
- Our concierge service is at your disposal to provide you with advice and recommendations and can book your restaurants, excursions and activities
- Reception open 11am to 7pm
- Breakfast delivery available (€15/person/day, payable locally)
- Bike hire available (normal and electric bikes) - payable locally
- Deposit of 30% of the total package price is required to book this holiday
- All properties with WiFi are able to support basic functionality such as web browsing and checking emails*
* We aim to offer an uninterrupted service but sometimes due to factors beyond our control reliability can be affected.
- Porto Vecchio old town (shops/restaurants) 2min walk
- Beach 10min drive
- Figari airport 30min drive
Based on the number of people travelling, the following hire car(s) are included in the package price of your holiday:
- 2-3 guests – 1 Group C, Peugeot 2008 or similar*
* All our cars include comprehensive insurance with zero excess. For this particular destination, the undercarriage is not included in the cover.
Group C – 1-1.6 litre engine, 2 large and 1 small suitcase*
The following cars are available as alternatives on request (supplements apply). Please call our travel specialists for details.
Group D - Peugeot 3008 or similar, 1.1-1.6 litre engine, 3 large suitcases*
Group E – SUV Automatic Toyota CHR Hybrid or similar, 1.1-1.6 litre engine, 1 large and 2 small suitcases*
Group F – Ford Mondeo or similar, 2.0 litre engine, 2 large and 2 small suitcases*
Group G – Audi A3 Cabriolet or similar, 1.2-1.6 litre engine, 1 large suitcase*
Group H – Citroen C4 Picasso or similar, 1.1-1.6 litre engine, 2 large and 2 small suitcases*
Group J – Peugeot 308 GPS or similar, 1-1.6 litre engine, 2 large and 1 small suitcase*
Group K – Renault Grand Scenic or similar, 1.2-1.6 litre engine, 2 large suitcases*
Group L – Renault Captur Automatic or similar, 1.1-1.6 litre engine, 1 large and 1 small suitcase*
Group N – 9-seater Toyota Proace or similar, 1.2-1.6 litre engine, 1 large and 1 small suitcase*
Group X - Citroen Berlingo or similar, 1-1.6 litre engine, 3 large and 1 small suitcase*
* Suitcase sizes are based on a large suitcase being approximately 75cm x 41cm x 31cm, a medium suitcase of approximately 65cm x 46cm x 29cm and a small suitcase of 55cm x 40cm x 20cm.
Extremely enjoyable holiday, everything was as good as or better than promised on the website and in the literature received. Will definitely use Simpson Travel again.
Mr Wilkinson – June 2019
Our choice of Corsican properties is as diverse as the island itself, ranging from simple seaside charm to genuine luxury and style. Much of our portfolio is privately owned, and price alone is therefore not a universal guide. We contract all our accommodation in person, and each property has its individual appeal. To help you make the right choice based on your own priorities, we have devised a simple grading guide to be considered in conjunction with each individual property description, awarding up to a maximum of five stars for the below categories.
* For further clarification on Facilities and Amenities, please view the 'Details' tab for each property or speak to one of our experienced sales consultants.
Just across the water from Sardinia, history takes a cosmopolitan turn in the winding streets, imposing citadels and elegant marinas of Bonifacio and Porto Vecchio. A luxury holiday here comes with no shortage of style, and plenty of restaurants, cafés, boutiques and museums. Not far away, you'll also find the family-friendly beaches of Pinarello and pine-shaded Palombaggia, as well as the white sands of Santa Giulia and chic St Cyprien.
View holiday Booking Conditions