In this section...
- Traditional village location
- Quirky and romantic
- Rock features and mountain views
- Santa Giulia beach 10-minute drive
- Porto Vecchio 15-minute drive
One of the qualities that defines the Simpson Travel ethos is our ability to track down charming little houses such as this one, tucked away in an authentic hamlet, yet just a 10 minute drive from Santa Giulia beach and 15 minutes from Porto Vecchio. Casa Chiarina is tiny and traditional, cradled amongst wind-sculpted granite rocks with far-reaching views of both the mountains and the sea.
The villa is a tasteful blend of old and new, with original parquet floors and simple, stylish furnishings. However it’s the outside space that really makes this house, with its large, deep, free-form pool and outdoor seating area and kitchen. This clever addition is built into the rocks which are floodlit at night to provide a romantic spot for drinks and dinner. Due to the number of steps and drops around the house we don’t recommend it for children under eight, but as an intimate country retreat for two it’s hard to beat.
You could easily base yourself here and shuttle up and down the coast exploring the stunning beaches between Porto Vecchio and Bonifacio. If you have something more active in mind the Mare e Monti cross-island trail starts just outside Porto Vecchio, and there are numerous coastal walks along the cliffs and between the iconic Genoese watch towers that stand as reminders of the island’s more turbulent past.
- 2 bedroom villa (sleeps 2-4)
- Access to front door via 15 steps
- Open plan living/dining area with TV, DVD, Bluetooth speakers and wifi
- Small galley kitchen with hob, oven, microwave, fridge with small freezer compartment, dishwasher
- Double bedroom with balcony
- Twin bedroom
- Separate shower room (no WC) with washing machine
- Separate WC
- Air-conditioned throughout
- Complimentary WiFi
- Iron, ironing board, hairdryer, pool and bath towels provided
- Outside lounge and dining area accessed via steps
- Summer kitchen with fridge, sink and plancha
- Poolside shower
- Private freeform swimming pool 8.4 x 6.3 (depth 2m – 1.6m), gated and alarmed, access via steps and ladder
- Not suitable for children under 8 due to rock features and drops around the grounds
- 1 week holidays – does not include a mid-stay clean or bed linen/towel change
- 2 week holidays – includes a light mid-stay clean and bed linen/towel change
- Additional cleaning can be arranged if required for €25/hour (2 hour minimum and subject to availability)
- All properties with WiFi are able to support basic functionality such as web browsing and checking emails*
* We aim to offer an uninterrupted service but sometimes due to factors beyond our control reliability can be affected.
Villa access times
- Check-in time – 4.00pm
- Check-out time – 9.00am
- Santa Giulia Beach 10min drive
- Porto Vecchio 15min drive
- Bonifacio 20min drive
- Figari airport 30min drive
Based on the number of people travelling, the following hire car(s) are included in the package price of your holiday:
- 2-3 guests – 1 Group C, VW Golf or similar*
- 4 guests – 1 Group H, Citroen C4 Picasso or similar*
* All our cars include comprehensive insurance with zero excess. For this particular destination, the undercarriage is not included in the cover.
Group C – 1-1.6 litre engine, 1 small and 1 large suitcase
Group H – 1.1-1.6 litre engine, 2 small and 2 large suitcases
The following cars are available as alternatives on request (supplements apply). Please call our travel specialists for details.
Group K – Peugeot 5008 or similar, 1.2-1.6 litre engine, 2 small and 2 large suitcases
Group L – Renault Captur Automatic or similar, 1.1-1.6 litre engine, 1 small and 1 large suitcase
Group E – SUV Renault Kadjar or similar, 1.1-1.6 litre engine, 2 small and 1 large suitcase
Group G – VW Coccinelle CC Cabriolet or similar, 1.2-1.6 litre engine, 1 large suitcase
Group N – 9-seater Ford Transit or similar, 1.2-1.6 litre engine, 1 small and 1 large suitcase
Group O – 7-seater Ford Tourneo or similar, 1.2-1.6 litre engine, 1 small and 1 large suitcase
On our second holiday with Simpson Travel we were again delighted with the level of service, attention to detail, perfect accommodation and location, extremely friendly, approachable, knowledgeable and helpful reps – all of which helped to give us a relaxing and very enjoyable holiday – thank you!
Mr Hardy – August 2017
This is a lovely, private villa in a fantastic location. The outside facilities, including the pool and catering deck, make for a relaxing holiday. Corsica is a real undiscovered gem in the Mediterranean with fantastic towns, food and wine.
Mr King – July 2017
The accommodation had everything we required and as a seasoned self-catering traveller this was the cleanest accommodation we have ever holidayed in.
Mr Sperry – September 2016
We have now been on three Simpson Travel holidays staying at villas in Crete and Corsica. The standard of the villas has been very high and the local representatives very helpful and genuine in their desire to make sure you have a good experience.
Mr Farrell – August 2016
Excellent advice from local rep – Samantha and the villa book with advice in the house was very useful. The house was considerately appointed and overall we had a very good experience in using Simpson Travel.
Mrs McCaffery – July 2016
Our choice of Corsican properties is as diverse as the island itself, ranging from simple seaside charm to genuine luxury and style. Much of our portfolio is privately owned, and price alone is therefore not a universal guide. We contract all our accommodation in person, and each property has its individual appeal. To help you make the right choice based on your own priorities, we have devised a simple grading guide to be considered in conjunction with each individual property description, awarding up to a maximum of five stars for the below categories.
* For further clarification on Facilities and Amenities, please view the 'Details' tab for each property or speak to one of our experienced sales consultants.
Just across the water from Sardinia, history takes a cosmopolitan turn in the winding streets, imposing citadels and elegant marinas of Bonifacio and Porto Vecchio. A luxury holiday here comes with no shortage of style, and plenty of restaurants, cafés, boutiques and museums. Not far away, you'll also find the family-friendly beaches of Pinarello and pine-shaded Palombaggia, as well as the white sands of Santa Giulia and chic St Cyprien.
View holiday Booking Conditions